Comments

• WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Sumerian wrote: »
    havent hooked up the Black mamba yet.
    IMG_0850_zpsead2e4d2.jpg
    OK, thats it! I think you have renamed your Black Halo to the Black Mamba! She's a beaut!

Enjoy it! That's some very desirable gear you have,been looking hard at the 707's and the "Black Mamba" myself. Keep us posted once you get it all together and some hours on it....let the electronics burn-in and the suspensions break in a bit.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited September 2013
    Options
    They are BLACK.... i couldnt see the color posted on the website in any light condition...
    To a human eye they are BLACK.

They look purple-ish to me.
  • Sumerian
    Sumerian Posts: 490
    edited September 2013
    Options
    leroyjr1 wrote: »

It is BLACK ... no purple ... no red ... no brown ... no ish ... It is Black Black and Black :biggrin: :twisted:
  • Sumerian
    edited September 2013
    Options
    WLDock wrote: »
    OK, thats it! I think you have renamed your Black Halo to the Black Mamba! She's a beaut!

Enjoy it! That's some very desirable gear you have,been looking hard at the 707's and the "Black Mamba" myself. Keep us posted once you get it all together and some hours on it....let the electronics burn-in and the suspensions break in a bit.

Generally speaking when some body does a purchase like this they tend to have some sort of buyers remorse .... well atleast i do...
    But not with this purchase the quality look and feel make me feel every dollar well spent.

Go for it .., the black mamba woulnt disappoint you ...
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited September 2013
    Options
    That amp in black does look awesome!
  • Sumerian
    edited September 2013
    Options
    zingo wrote: »
    That amp in black does look awesome!

Yup and they are rare .... generally most of folks have it in silver
  • leroyjr1
    edited September 2013
    Options
    It is BLACK ... no purple ... no red ... no brown ... no ish ... It is Black Black and Black :biggrin: :twisted:

Maybe they got different variations of the color.
    image.jpg
  • Sumerian
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Maybe they got different variations of the color.
    image.jpg

Nope it is just the camera... there ar eonly two variation Cheery and Midnight mahagony

100 bucks says there is no way you could see that color in real life :cool:
  • leroyjr1
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Nope it is just the camera... there ar eonly two variation Cheery and Midnight mahagony

100 bucks says there is no way you could see that color in real life :cool:

Maybe Stevie Wonder can't tell the difference but I definitely can see they're not black. You can send my $100 via PayPal.:cool: Seriously though if you claim they look 100% black than either you're blind or they changed the color because my 703's was very dark brown/purple-ish.

Anyway congrats on your new system and I hope you enjoy it.
  • nhhiep
    nhhiep Posts: 877
    edited September 2013
    Options
    guys,
    it's black under normal home lighting. you only see different colors when you shine light directly at it or with a camera flash. the outcome color depends on the light source. the pic on Polk website looks more purple and I really like it, until I received my 703, 706, 707. they're all black. kinda disappointed, in fact.
  • Sumerian
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Maybe Stevie Wonder can't tell the difference but I definitely can see they're not black. You can send my $100 via PayPal.:cool: Seriously though if you claim they look 100% black than either you're blind or they changed the color because my 703's was very dark brown/purple-ish.

Anyway congrats on your new system and I hope you enjoy it.

I was just cocky but I didnt mean to sound rude ... let me take a video when i have proper light condition and let us see what our polkies think.
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited September 2013
    Options
    LOL, I was looking at the black mamba amp and I was thinking, am I missing something, it sure doesn't look purple to me. That's what I get for only reading page 2 of this thread.:cheesygrin: Gorgeous amp Sumerian, it is very striking!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Great system enjoy!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • adabro
    adabro Posts: 212
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I was just cocky but I didnt mean to sound rude ... let me take a video when i have proper light condition and let us see what our polkies think.

Funny - Polk's Ebay site calls them black as does the Future Shop website - either way they look nice to me.
  • leroyjr1
    edited September 2013
    Options
    decal wrote: »
    Man am I pissed. I thought this was a thread about fat chicks !!!!!!

Hey big boy!!!!

image.jpg
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited September 2013
    Options
    ohhh my eyes

you'll be hearing from my lawyer Leroy
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited September 2013
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    ohhh my eyes

you'll be hearing from my lawyer Leroy

....and from the lawyer of the person that was sitting on that stool before she sat down. :cheesygrin:
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited September 2013
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    ....and from the lawyer of the person that was sitting on that stool before she sat down. :cheesygrin:

Maybe she can cough him up:eek:

I hope that's a DIET COKE
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Sumerian
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Come on guys ... we are referring to something like this ....

Sexy-Hairstyles-for-Curvy-Women_15_zps8e5cd635.jpg
  • RamZet
    RamZet Posts: 792
    edited September 2013
    Options
    "I know the system i put together is not the best in the world but they are the best in my world..."

Thats awesome.

You have some awesome gear. I really want to hear the lsim speakers for myself, they are just beautiful speakers.
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    edited September 2013
    Options
    New toys are always cool in this hobby. Congrat's bro'. So tell us your first impressions once you get everything all hooked up, dialed in and performing in concert......whenever you can peel away from the listening chair for a moment, that is.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Sumerian
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Few updates...
    leroyjr1,
    I stand corrected i do see the other color well if i see at an angle ..., though it doesnt look purple but not 100% black.

Its been four days and i think the bass on these is real good and boomy.... still running on fronts and centers only no sub, no black mamba and no surrounds.

Cooking the fronts,center and shotguns

the Grin on my face increases every day with only half the equipment working :mrgreen:
  • Sumerian
    edited September 2013
    Options
    here is the pending shipment received today.
    Sub was on back order for some time

IMG_08641_zpsa5440932.jpg
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Imagines that big **** eating grin on yer face!!!! Congrats!!!!!!
  • Sumerian
    edited September 2013
    Options
    The bass is becoming stronger and stronger in these 707's .. not sure what the F i have to do with the 660 sub woofer...:cheesygrin:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited September 2013
    Options
    not sure what the F i have to do with the 660 sub woofer...

That's just for movies.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    edited September 2013
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

I hope that's a DIET COKE

Yep, it's a diet Coke, but bear in mind that she ate her way through three entire McDonalds stores (including all the extra ketchup packs), all Winchells Donut locations within a hundred mile radius, and downed Jared while ransacking a Subway. Somehow that diet Coke seems insulting after all that.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Monster Jam
    Monster Jam Posts: 919
    edited September 2013
    Options
    *heading straight to the bank to make sure my money is still there because sumerian spent mad bank on the new system...*

Congrats bro. That amp and those speakers have been on my wish list forever.
    Do you hear that buzzing noise? :confused:
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I'm curious as to why that amp isn't hooked up and throwing your arse against the wall yet ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Sumerian
    edited September 2013
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    I'm curious as to why that amp isn't hooked up and throwing your arse against the wall yet ?

Interconnects are missing ...