Options
12346»

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Thank you sir! :]

This is by far the hardest to photograph mod I have performed. It is so large and multi dimensional...

The owner is pumped! :]
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Trey,

Those look fantastic, and I bet they sound even better!

Congratulations! Job well done, sir!

Phil
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• VR3
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Thanks Phil! :)

How are the Allison's coming? :)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I received a call from the owner last night and he was thrilled.. should have a review I can post here in the next few weeks!
  • VR3
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I am getting to build another one of these monsters but this time even CRAZIER! :-D

All MR! I am going to add a horizontal strip towards the back to mount the large inductor on! Will be fun!
  • Oldfatdogs
    Oldfatdogs Posts: 1,874
    edited August 2013
    Options
    You got it going on young man,very nice job.
    Dan
  • VR3
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Thank you sir! :)
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Bet that's expensive. 5 figures.
  • VR3
    edited August 2013
    Options
    It actually was not too much more, I now have the channels to acquire 400v MR so it saves cost but not sacrifice performance... :)
  • VR3
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I like the size of the 400v MR!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,311
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Whoa! Them's some biggun's...
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    edited August 2013
    Options
    They are actually SMALL, I like it. The 400v is maybe 40% of the size of the 620v! Definitely a space saver!!

Example, the left caps are 6.8uf 620v, the middle caps are 12uf 400v
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,894
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I think I got some of the last 620v, I have to say I like the smaller size..
  • VR3
    edited August 2013
    Options
    They still make the 620v but the 400v for the price will start to take over! I like the size and price for sure! Might actually be able to squeeze some MR caps on the inside of the LSiM705! :)
  • treitz3
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Oh, my bad. I thought the old size was off to the right and the new size, well..... They looked to have been about the size of a half gallon of milk. Silly me.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    edited August 2013
    Options
    haha! That would be AWESOME! I would need a bigger shelf for sure!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Silly question coming......

Why would anyone need 600+ volt for audio? Obviously there are other uses for them than speakers just can't come up with any....

Are there speakers that would need a 400v cap even?
  • VR3
    edited August 2013
    Options
  • VR3
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I dub ye... the "White Knight" of the Monastery series!

All Clarity Cap MR, all the time
  • VR3
    edited April 2014
    Options
    1.2TL GIMPOD, always fun :)
  • deafbykhorns
    deafbykhorns Posts: 150
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I'm guessing about a $1200 build?
    Main System- Scratch built 2A3 , Lightspeed preamp, Technics SP15/Graham/XV1s,Klipschorns w/ALK xovers/Trachorns, Speakercraft MT8(4), Sonos ZP90, Yamaha Aventage for surround
    Office System- Adcom GTP500, Bedini 45/45,Lexicon RT-20,Enlightened Audio DAC, Polk SDA2.3TL, Northcreek Borealis
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Here's a question - how much would you have to pay retail for a new pair of speakers that are built with this level of electronics inside?
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • deafbykhorns
    deafbykhorns Posts: 150
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Most the guys on here probably don't pay retail
    Typically multiply the parts price time 6 is a rule of thumb for retail?
    Main System- Scratch built 2A3 , Lightspeed preamp, Technics SP15/Graham/XV1s,Klipschorns w/ALK xovers/Trachorns, Speakercraft MT8(4), Sonos ZP90, Yamaha Aventage for surround
    Office System- Adcom GTP500, Bedini 45/45,Lexicon RT-20,Enlightened Audio DAC, Polk SDA2.3TL, Northcreek Borealis
  • treitz3
    edited May 2014
    Options
    nspindel wrote: »
    Here's a question - how much would you have to pay retail for a new pair of speakers that are built with this level of electronics inside?
    A lot.

Tom
  • VR3
    Options
    Work in progressa7mdvexgz2q6.jpg
  • ptrooper
    Options
    love all your work .
  • VR3
    Options
    New laser cut plates uasynh1pgvqp.jpg
  • VR3
    Options
    Clarity CSA / CMR

03jh4v3gu2gy.jpg
    5coolub16qvd.jpg
  • VR3
    Options
    Digging the new CSA/CMR! :)

zshype5pd6vy.jpg