Polkfest, 9 Oct 2004, Charleston SC- be there!!!

Comments

• hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited June 2004
    I was about to forget about the dynaco pat 4 pre, I'll have to toss it in the mix as well.

Cheers,
    Mike
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,967
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by madmax
    Hmmm,
    SC huh? Doro, Jesse or John, how far of a drive is that from MD? MX, I thought you lived around there. Don't you have a thumb? (I know you got a finger...) :D

madmax

I'm bout an hour or 2 from Troy, (or less?) --

But, no ride -- well, I do have a ride - but you know ;)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2004
    Oh... :o So you're saying that would be like someone bringing liveforfam or wangotango?? Sorry, forgot about that whole mess.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • VR3
    edited June 2004
    Well he is willing to take me...

but its up to yall...

man I would get to meet alot of people there...yall cant just put it aside for 2 or so days? cmon now...lol
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited June 2004
    I think I';; be out in Baltimore on business, bet I can swing that...would like to meet some of you guys...

I'll be in touch closer to Oct...by then I'll have several parasound amps I can bring to play with...
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2004
    It's in SC, not Baltimore. I wish it was a little closer.

MX, I figured you would be driving by now.

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • VR3
    edited June 2004
    Its REAL close to me...

I dont have my permit, to lazy to get it...

and even if I did, a parent would have to be with me (only 15)
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited June 2004
    Grimster:

Where in Virginia are you? Our convoy seems to be growing daily right now.

Madmax:

I'm thinking Mountain Bike Jousting in his hallways. We'll use soft head mops for jousting poles and his trash can lids for shields. We'll scrounge up some buckets for helmets! BRING IT ON MARK, YOU'RE MINE PUNKASS!!!

Trey:

Is there an Amtrak station close by going to Charleston? Troy did say one is close by.

John
    No excuses!
  • VR3
    edited June 2004
    Well I am sure, I could find a way there...

its a matter of --- My Mom letting me go along or getting a ride with one u dudes...which I would have more chance of putting on an invisible suit...and becoming donald duck
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited June 2004
    John, I live in Spotsylvania, Virginia which is about 6 miles from downtown Fredericksburg.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited June 2004
    Count me in, look forward to seeing you guys.

Hotels near by ? Let me know thanks, not much into camping ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited June 2004
    Oh... So you're saying that would be like someone bringing liveforfam or wangotango?? Sorry, forgot about that whole mess.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I was thinking of asking Troy If it would be cool for Liv4fam and myself to come to the fest.

;)
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • liv4fam
    liv4fam Posts: 311
    edited June 2004
    Hell yeah,

WoooooooooHoooooooo

I am definitely coming!!!!!!!!

:D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited June 2004
    Great! Here's the directions, turn left and go straight to hell.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited June 2004
    Did something just hit the fan?
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • VR3
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by F1nut
    Great! Here's the directions, turn left and go straight to hell.

WAAAAAAAAAAAA PRICELESS! LOL!!!!!
  • Zen Dragon
    Zen Dragon Posts: 501
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by warviper
    :(:( Damn east coast. And all the Texans. Cant we get some north west thing going.

Yeah! this idea dropped quick. Can't let the east coast have all the fun. I mean Matt Polk probably meant to move west, just didn't get around to it

Originally posted by madmax
    Those are pretty loose rules! So we can have **** fighting in the family room, prostitutes lap dancing in the kitchen

madmax

Hmmm, now this almost justifies the airfare. Do the prostitutes dance well in SC ;)

Seriously though, there should be a west coast gathering.
    The Family
    Polk SDA-1C's
    Polk SDA-2
    Polk Monitor 10B's
    Polk LSI-9's
    Polk Monitor 5's
    Polk 5 jr's
    Polk PSW-450 Sub
    Polk CSI40 Center

Do not one day come to die, and discover you have not lived.
    This is pretty f***ed up right here.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2004
    ummmm ok. i'm in for a West coast Polk fiesta!

up until about a year ago. there weren't enough Polk members for a West coast gathering.

Luckily that is changing. :)

I think the club member on the West coast with the most Polk speakers (or a pair of SDA's) has to host the gathering. :p

Guess that disqualifies me.. i don't have any SDA's. waaaaaaa!!!!
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • warviper
    warviper Posts: 585
    edited June 2004
    My house is always avilable, if I dont sell it before then. But my music collection and gear I feel is not enough to justify people coming over to check it out. But if some of you want to bring gear over then all could be good.
    Wish I was a polkologist then I could call my self Dr.warviper.
  • Terrax
    Terrax Posts: 483
    edited June 2004
    Count me in, if you all don't mind :D
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by liv4fam
    Hell yeah,

WoooooooooHoooooooo

I am definitely coming!!!!!!!!

:D

Uh, no, you aren't. Well, you can come to Charleston, just don't expect to make it into the house.

Look, I want this to be a friendly event and to that end, I do reserve the right to uninvite those that don't play well with others. Those that aren't welcome, know who they are. Everyone else, including Dan, is more than welcome.

Anyhoo....let's keep this on track. Let's see if we can get a list together with the gear that people are planning on bringing. Is there any interest in a two day event? How many golfers are there?

Just throwing out some ideas..

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited June 2004
    I am planning on being there, only about three hours or so away. I am just off 95 (1.5 miles) in Georgia so anybody coming from the South we could hook up.

I enjoy smacking the little ball around so I would be up for golf. Also I could hitch up Reelltrouble and tow her up if any interest in fishing the local water of Charleston, since I have never fished there would need someone who had a few secrect spots!!

Seems like alot of folks are interested so maybe two days is a good idea, hell Monday is a holiday for me, so great way and place to spend a long weekend.

I bought most of my 2 ch gear from folks in the flea market so of course they have heard it, easy to move the 2 ch stuff though (except the SDA), so maybe they want to give it a kiss and say hello!:p

Have some 55i's that have some small nicks so could bring those without much worry, have one of those little Tosh 3960 unmodded.
  • TroyD
    edited June 2004
    OK,

Here is the list of attendees that I have so far:

hotwheelman, shack, dorokusai, F1Nut, john d strong, ATCVenom, madmax, F1Nut, gidrah, Grimster74, disneyjoe7, Terrax, reeltrouble1, hoosier21......

Have I left anyone out? There are a couple more guys, Jimmie and SDA SRS 1.2 that are in the Carolinas, hopefully they might consider coming. Anyone else, c'mon, let's make this a big event!

OK, if you have individual questions, comments etc.....email me at:

troy.dion@dhafra.af.mil

BDT
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by TroyD
    OK,

Here is the list of attendees that I have so far:

hotwheelman, shack, dorokusai, F1Nut , john d strong, ATCVenom, madmax, F1Nut , gidrah, Grimster74, disneyjoe7, Terrax, reeltrouble1, hoosier21......
    Isn't one of them enough?
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2004
    Put me on the list. I'll ship in a few items ahead of time, and have it covered on the Tube linestage / amp front. I've got some pretty neat things coming in.

As far as 'the sights' and golf, and all that stuff, not really interested - but I'll tag along if it's the order of the day. I want to see yous guys, and check out gear, F everything else.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • VR3
    edited June 2004
    Is anyone interested in giving me a ride? LOL
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited June 2004
    Where do you live?

PM

Thanks steve

Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    Is anyone interested in giving me a ride? LOL

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited June 2004
    :D:D

That's from both of us.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    edited June 2004
    Eh, Jesse's such a swell guy, I HAD to count him twice.

BDT
  • VR3
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by disneyjoe7
    Where do you live?

PM

Thanks steve

Hmmm...

Lets see here

Between Concord, and Salisbury NC -- 28023 Zip

If anyone*** plans to give me a ride you better start talking to my MOM NOW*** and let her get to know you...LOL