Is it the end of times?

Options

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited June 2011
    Options
    We're not supposed to talk about religion here. Don't make me report you. I swear to God I will.

mrbigbluelight,

Tease.

Love,
    Jstas
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Jstas
    edited June 2011
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Yeah, I know wot you mean. Some of us just have to much dane bremage....and it shows. Know wot I mean? :biggrin:

treitz3,

Yes, you do have dain bramage. It's obvious because not only do you get your mords wixed up like you were lysdexic or something, you know, when you read things wackbords? You've also managed to miss the point that I was referring to Keiko, not you. Now, because of your self-centered insensitivity, his secret is out.

Way to be a team player. Remember, there's no 'I' in team and now, there's no 'you' either.

Love,
    Jstas

• Jstas
    edited June 2011
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Really John, (per Jstas signature)"You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!" You really need to tell your voices to STFU before they get you into more trouble than you are able to get out of!:tongue:

Love,
    Cathy

cfrizz,

You said it, not me. I'm just the messenger.

Also, the voices do talk to me. However, I am unable to understand them. They all talk over each other. Except for the one guy who just shouts "I HATE YOU" over and over again as loud as he can. Sometimes he says stuff about my mother which isn't very nice. Makes me wonder how he knows, though? You know? There is another guy yelling at him, though, in what I thought was Spanish. Turns out, it's Portuguese. No wonder I couldn't understand him!

Love,
    Jstas

• aviator
    aviator Posts: 159
    edited June 2011
    Options
    JustinHEMI wrote: »
    By end of times, do you mean the Great American Experiment? Or the US empire? Then yes, I think it is drawing to a close..., and it ain't gonna be pretty.

Sad to say +1.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Well,there was an Earthquake in my home state today...Missouri of all places,the New Madrid Fault is starting to wake up.

http://www.koamtv.com/story/14858885/42-magnitude-earthquake-hits-western-missouri

Between the Twisters and now this,it's not been a very good Spring.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Looks like a long day at work?

Here's something that should prove amusing if you haven't seen it before. There is 'no' shortage of doomsday prophets or scenarios. One wonders, in the end so to speak, if we shouldn't spend more time reflecting on ourselves and our behavior than worrying about that "End".

http://www.pakalertpress.com/2011/05/20/bad-news-from-nasa-proof-that-comet-elenin-is-affecting-earth-video/

Enjoy!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited June 2011
    Options
    With all the political bull@#it aside (stop it you children)...

I'm with bobman. Aside from all-out nuke war, or something the size of three or four football fields hurtling in from space at 60,000 mph, the likelihood in our little time span is very small indeed. That doesn't change the fact that the violent, end of everything as we know it is EXACTLY what most of the selfish SOB's I meet on a day to day basis deserve.
  • wz2p7j
    wz2p7j Posts: 840
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I hope it's the "end of the days" of totally useless threads like this :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Chris
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited June 2011
    Options
    wz2p7j wrote: »
    I hope it's the "end of the days" of totally useless threads like this :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Chris

How do you think someone gets 5 digit post counts. :wink:
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited June 2011
    Options
    wz2p7j wrote: »

Chris

So why are you wasting your time with it?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • wz2p7j
    wz2p7j Posts: 840
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Face wrote: »
    So why are you wasting your time with it?

Wish I hadn't ? :tongue:

Only excuse I could think of? :eek:

Chris
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I thought the day the world ends is 2040 or something like that when that big nasty comets on its way
  • ysss
    ysss Posts: 213
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'm glad that the percentage of idiots in this forum is actually quite sma
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I may or may not be here by then. If I am, I'll be 79 years old & probably won't care one way or the other.:biggrin:
    I thought the day the world ends is 2040 or something like that when that big nasty comets on its way
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Jstas
    edited June 2011
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    How do you think someone gets 5 digit post counts. :wink:

By being here 7 years longer than you.

• Jstas
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ysss wrote: »
    I'm glad that the percentage of idiots in this forum is actually quite sma

Makes me wish I turned on vote ID. Then we'd know who they are and we could openly ridicule them for fun and profit.

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,277
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I voted "Yes", but I have to admit that was just probably wishful thinking on my part.
    Sal Palooza
  • bsoko2
    bsoko2 Posts: 1,449
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i thought the day the world ends is 2040 or something like that when that big nasty comets on its way

2028!
  • quadzilla
    quadzilla Posts: 1,543
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Turntable: Empire 208
    Arm: Rega 300
    Cart: Shelter 501 III
    Phono Pre: Aural Thrills
    Digital: Pioneer DV-79ai
    Pre: Conrad Johnson ET3 SE
    Amp: Conrad Johnson Evolution 2000
    Cables: Cardas Neutral Reference
    Speakers: SDA 2.3TL, heavily modified
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Did you even read that link you posted? >_<
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I read somewhere that the sun is getting about ready for a polar shift, something that happens every so often. It just so happens that the the third rock is apparently gearing up for one also, or so it seems.

Now when the sun swaps polarity, it briefly (that term is relative, mind you) pulses with huge solar flares and radiological releases of all sorts. When the third rock does a hoopty shift it's EMF (which diverts the lion's share of all the nasty **** the sun throws our way) collapses briefly (another geologically relative term).

Well boys and girls, what happens when you your in a title fight and your opponent throws a haymaker just when you dropped your left hand??? Somebody else is going to get a new championship belt.

I got money on the cockroaches...
  • Face
    edited December 2011
    Options
    When that does happen, I don't believe it'll be overnight.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Good point, Mike. Geological time and Solar history are not "human" time after all.

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited December 2011
    Options
    amulford wrote: »

....and Keith Richards.

Really Laz, you felt a need to drag up this turkey ?
    If the world was going to end by a big rock saying hello, is there anything you can do about it ? Prepare for what ? Think anyone who knows for sure is going to give the rest of the people a heads up ? Not that it would matter anyway. When the world ends, it ends, and the human species will be dug up some million years into the future by another species and the process will continue on again.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing some big beautiful Amazon type women evolve in the future. I can then be reborn as their sex slave. Wouldn't be a bad gig if you could get it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • SDA1C
    SDA1C Posts: 2,069
    edited December 2011
    Options
    amulford wrote: »
    I read somewhere that the sun is getting about ready for a polar shift, something that happens every so often. It just so happens that the the third rock is apparently gearing up for one also, or so it seems.

Now when the sun swaps polarity, it briefly (that term is relative, mind you) pulses with huge solar flares and radiological releases of all sorts. When the third rock does a hoopty shift it's EMF (which diverts the lion's share of all the nasty **** the sun throws our way) collapses briefly (another geologically relative term).

Well boys and girls, what happens when you your in a title fight and your opponent throws a haymaker just when you dropped your left hand??? Somebody else is going to get a new championship belt.

The sun is begining a 500 year sunspot cycle that generally notes an increase of Solar flare activity and lots of spots. Magnetic flares.
    The earth is nearing the planal divide in the galaxy(about 200 yrs from now I think). That will cause a polar shift.

A friend of mine is an astronomer so if you want the real rub check out his website.... seeintospace.com
    Too much **** to list....
  • inspiredsports
    inspiredsports Posts: 5,501
    edited December 2011
    Options
    SDA1C wrote: »
    The sun is begining a 500 year sunspot cycle that generally notes an increase of Solar flare activity and lots of spots. Magnetic flares.
    The earth is nearing the planal divide in the galaxy(about 200 yrs from now I think). That will cause a polar shift.

A friend of mine is an astronomer so if you want the real rub check out his website.... seeintospace.com

Your buddy seems to be an elitist telescopophile. And how many times can he use the words "I" or "I'll"?

"My Role
    I'll supply the training and answers to your questions. You'll get FREE online webinars. I'll get guest speakers to teach us more about astronomy. I'll help you find amazing night sky objects. I'll recommend a telescope that's perfect for you. I'll recommend the proper equipment to safely observe the sun. I'll help you get your family involved too. Science education is woefully lacking. Kids are surrounded with electronic stimulation but few ever have the satisfaction of finding and seeing Saturn for themselves. That's too bad. There is a huge universe to see! And once they've had this experience with you, they will never forget it.

Your Part
    I can't do it alone. Your participation will make this a wonderful and exciting experience. Your questions, observations and encouragement will make SeeIntoSpace.com an exciting place to be. I hope you'll share your experiences with others through our own discussion board.
    I'll need your guidance and feedback too. I'm depending on you to give me your ideas about ways to improve our site and experience.
    VTL ST50 w/mods / RCA6L6GC / TlfnknECC801S
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 w/mods
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro/ Bada DD-22 Tube CDP / Conrad Johnson SD-22 CDP
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020 / Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    PS Audio Cryo / PowerPort Premium Outlets / Exact Power EP15A Conditioner
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • Face
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Your buddy seems to be an elitist
    What's wrong with that?
  • inspiredsports
    inspiredsports Posts: 5,501
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Face wrote: »
    What's wrong with that?

Nothing in and of itself, except SDA1C has been poking fun at and railing against elitism in the audio realm for quite some time. Seems hypocritical.
    VTL ST50 w/mods / RCA6L6GC / TlfnknECC801S
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 w/mods
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro/ Bada DD-22 Tube CDP / Conrad Johnson SD-22 CDP
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020 / Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    PS Audio Cryo / PowerPort Premium Outlets / Exact Power EP15A Conditioner
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • SDA1C
    SDA1C Posts: 2,069
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Nothing in and of itself, except SDA1C has been poking fun at and railing against elitism in the audio realm for quite some time. Seems hypocritical.

Puff puff give bro...you enjoying yourself?
    Too much **** to list....
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Its the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine... duna duna duna
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.