iphone alarm didn 't go off this morning.

cokewithvanilla
cokewithvanilla Posts: 1,777
edited January 2011 in The Clubhouse
Wow... isn't this like the second time apple had alarm related issues with their devices? I don't understand how they can screw up a simple and important function like an alarm...
Post edited by cokewithvanilla on

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2011
    I set both my cell phone and a battery backed up normal alarm clock every night. A whopping $10 I paid for that and I haven't been late for work due to oversleeping in 13 years.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited January 2011
    Really???? you just don't get up? unless I'm really sick I wake up at the same time everyday for the last twenty years. I have time for coffee,sportscenter,and a shower..
  • kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited January 2011
    iPhone - alarm = iM LATE! :tongue:

Same here Larry, I haven't had to set an alarm for almost a decade because I can't stay in bed past 7-730am.
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • Knucklehead
    Knucklehead Posts: 3,602
    edited January 2011
    same here....0615 every morning, hangover or not.
    Polk Audio Surround Bar 360
    Mirage PS-12
    LG BDP-550
    Motorola HD FIOS DVR
    Panasonic 42" Plasma
    XBOX 360[/SIZE]

Office stuff

Allied 395 receiver
    Pioneer CDP PD-M430
    RT8t's & Wharfedale Diamond II's[/SIZE]

Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music. ~Ronald Reagan
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited January 2011
    read this on another forum.
    http://www.necn.com/01/02/11/bSci-Tech-bApples-iPhone-alarm-glitch-le/landing.html?blockID=383590&feedID=4213

my android powered nexus didnt have a problem.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited January 2011
    Mine didn't go off new years day, but it's working fine now
  • blueboxer
    blueboxer Posts: 621
    edited January 2011
    I rarely make it to the alarm clock, usually I beat it by half an hour or so. Weird hours can make you a little whacky.
  • punk-roc
    punk-roc Posts: 1,150
    edited January 2011
    my work schedule varies depending on the week/day.. I'd be lost without an alarm clock, never get up the same time more than 3 days in a row..

Jason
    2-Channel - So far...
    Pre: Dodd ELP
    DAC: W4S-Dac2
    Source(s): Computer and Denon 2910
    Amp: Parasound HCA-1200II
    Speakers: LSi9s - Vr3 Fortress Mod
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited January 2011
    0530 every day. Semper Fi and thanks to the USMC for that one.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • Gadabout
    Gadabout Posts: 1,072
    edited January 2011
    I rarely set an alarm clock. I generally start work when I feel like it, but I'm up usually around 8a or so. At work between 9a and 10a. One of the advantages of working remotely.

Scott
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2011
    You can buy an alarm clock with battery backup for less than five bucks. You guys know this, right?

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2011
    But I thought the iPhone did it all...

Funny before a cell phone was well just a Phone.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• cokewithvanilla
    edited January 2011
    anonymouse wrote: »
    User Error

Nah. They made a statement about the issue. We shouldn't have to worry about deleting alarms and readding them, even if that was the issue, and I don't know that it was. Ipod touch worked this morning.

I have my iphone, which is my source to my sound machine, plugged into my preamp. When the alarm goes off, the 75db sound machine stops, and the alarm rings at the same volume.... I make sure I get up!
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    edited January 2011
    same here....0615 every morning, hangover or not.

haha...this!:biggrin:
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2011
    I actually wake up earlier when I'm hung over. Wish it weren't the case, but is.

But yeah, I stopped using an alarm years ago, except on days where I have to be up especially early, and even then my body usually just wakes up on time. Waking up to an alarm is a **** way to start the day, I'm amazed so many people do it daily.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • mutelight
    mutelight Posts: 1,054
    edited January 2011
    exalted512 wrote: »
    read this on another forum.
    http://www.necn.com/01/02/11/bSci-Tech-bApples-iPhone-alarm-glitch-le/landing.html?blockID=383590&feedID=4213

my android powered nexus didnt have a problem.
    -Cody

While crappy that they keep messing up the alarm, it only affects one off alarms.

At least this hasn't happened yet.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=android%20wrong%20recipient%20text%20message
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
    Movie and Game Collection
  • exalted512
    edited January 2011
    mutelight wrote: »
    While crappy that they keep messing up the alarm, it only affects one off alarms.

At least this hasn't happened yet.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=android%20wrong%20recipient%20text%20message

I don't use the default messaging, I use google voice and haven't been affected by it.

I wrote more complicated code my first semester of c++ than an alarm clock...which I also in fact wrote code for.
    -Cody
  • mutelight
    mutelight Posts: 1,054
    edited January 2011
    exalted512 wrote: »
    I don't use the default messaging, I use google voice and haven't been affected by it.

I wrote more complicated code my first semester of c++ than an alarm clock...which I also in fact wrote code for.
    -Cody

Well I don't use the default one off alarm and I wasn't affected by it. :wink:

My point is that all software has bugs, regardless of platform.
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
    Movie and Game Collection
  • exalted512
    edited January 2011
    mutelight wrote: »
    Well I don't use the default one off alarm and I wasn't affected by it. :wink:

My point is that all software has bugs, regardless of platform.

Right. And I'm not trying to downplay Android's texting problem. That's actually the first I had heard of it and to me, seems like a far bigger issue than an alarm clock. Unless the scope of people it affects is very small...I have no idea.

All I was trying to say is that it seems like an overly simple issue that should've never happened...much less two alarm incidents in just 2 months.
    -Cody
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    edited January 2011
    Really???? you just don't get up? unless I'm really sick I wake up at the same time everyday for the last twenty years. I have time for coffee,sportscenter,and a shower..[/QUOTE

X2 :)
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited January 2011
    I was wondering how long before somebody brought up the "My Android phone doesn't do it" line.

I've chosen my side, and I'm an Android guy, but both sides have their issues. My iPhone never had a single bug or problem. My Android phone has several bugs that I've had to learn to live with. My phone also gives me TONS more control and customization and lets me use the phone exactly how I want, and that's a tradeoff that I'm okay with.

iPhone and the good Android phones aren't 'better' than each other, they're just different, not sure why people can't get that through their heads.
  • exalted512
    edited January 2011
    I was wondering how long before somebody brought up the "My Android phone doesn't do it" line.

And I was wondering how long before someone brought up the bringing up of 'my android phone didn't do it' line. And then establish how they can bring up the bringing up of the 'my android phone doesn't do it' by letting us all know how they are not on either side of the fence, but perched high on the fence, above everyone else, and that they see all that is good in the world.

Its a vicious circle.
    -Cody
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2011
    I use my I-Sonic ES2 to wake me up with the radio at 5 a.m. Mon-Thurs.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited January 2011
    Speaking of alarm radio settings........

Don't you think it would be brilliant that if you listen to the same radio going to bed, say at a calming, low volume, that you should be able to set a wake up volume of a bit higher so you can adjust this?

I love going to sleep with music or something playing, but the wake up alarm is useless because it's too low to be effective for me.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2011
    I presume if you use an iPhone or some other programmable / smart device, there would be the type of setting your'e looking for....

I've seen normal alarm clocks with separate volumes for normal listening as opposed to the "alarm" level. It usually just leads to confusion more than anything else (see the episode of Seinfeld where Jean-Paul overslept the olympic trials because of that)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited January 2011
    I have owned the Original Iphone , 3gs and now the 4. I have used the stock Alarm clock for years. I use it to remind me to pick something up on the way home , get up in the morning , Call someone back , etc. Never once did I have it not go off. I do however sinc my phone with a Mac.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2011
    mantis wrote: »
    I have owned the Original Iphone , 3gs and now the 4. I have used the stock Alarm clock for years. I use it to remind me to pick something up on the way home , get up in the morning , Call someone back , etc. Never once did I have it not go off. I do however sinc my phone with a Mac.

There have been at least two bugs that Apple has fully admitted to. Whether they affect you or not isn't really relevant; they do exist, this isn't just rumors or "Apple bashing."
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited January 2011
    Good Lord Dan.....are you even remotely implying that merely attaching an iPhone (if I had a way to visually put the bolded text on something that resembled a pedestal, I would) to a PC that the PC would cause the OS to break?
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • cokewithvanilla
    edited January 2011
    people love to defend apple... it's amazing how loyal their customers are. I prefer to evaluate products on an individual basis.

I believe both alarm issues only affected certain devices, and it had nothing to do with what you have your device synced to.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Steve Tilson reported
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus