Favorite Barbecue sauce?

Options
Unknown
edited July 2013 in The Clubhouse
I know its a regional thing, but I hope to learn of some other brands I may want to try.

I like:
Sweet Baby Rays.
Head Country, HOT!

"Killa Sauces".

Whats your favorite Bar-B-Que sauce?
Any recipes?
DIY?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• steveducie
    steveducie Posts: 192
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Sweet Baby Rays
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Local company makes this:

Doomer's Q Sauce

The dark is especially good.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited December 2010
    Options
    steveducie wrote: »
    Sweet Baby Rays

Same here. My wife recently picked up some Sweet Baby Rays and it's my new favorite.
  • CCNJ
    CCNJ Posts: 384
    edited December 2010
    Options
    When ever I go to Marietta Georgia, I go to Williamson Bros BBQ. Great BBQ and sauce. You can even order it online:
    http://www.williamsonbros.com/
    Rig1 - Totem Hawks, Benchmark HDR, Parasound A21, Sonus, Samsung 52 LCD, Audioquest Type4
    Rig2 - LFD LE IV Integrated, Harbeth P3ESR, Rega Dac, MF V-Link, IMAC, Audioquest Type4
  • BeRad
    BeRad Posts: 736
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'll always be a fan of Famous Dave's: Devil's Spit and Rich 'n Sassy
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,036
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Frank's Sweet Heat BBQ

That stuff will make a hound dog breaks it's chain!!!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,311
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The best I have ever had is made in the mountains here in North Carolina. It's called Old Mule sauce and you would be denying yourself a slice of heaven on earth if you didn't order some. Half-kick is good for everyday BBQ'n but the Full kick [too me] is where it's at. You can thank me later.

http://www.oldmule.com/

For those that dig the mustard based sauce, they have that too but I have never tried it.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • acs_rpeters@msn
    acs_rpeters@msn Posts: 32
    edited December 2010
    Options
    here is a local one to Raleigh, NC. Found a few month back and love it. only one flavor but a good one.

http://www.outtatheparksauce.com/
  • danz1906
    danz1906 Posts: 5,144
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Sweet Baby Rays!
    Linn AV5140 fronts
    Linn AV5120 Center
    Linn AV5140 Rears
    M&K MX-70 Sub for Music
    Odyssey Mono-Blocs
    SVS Ultra-13 Gloss Black:D
  • toucanet
    toucanet Posts: 580
    edited December 2010
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    The best I have ever had is made in the mountains here in North Carolina. It's called Old Mule sauce and you would be denying yourself a slice of heaven on earth if you didn't order some. Half-kick is good for everyday BBQ'n but the Full kick [too me] is where it's at. You can thank me later.

I totally agree:biggrin:
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Alittle secret if you heat your sauce in a pan:
    About 5-10 drops of this:
    sriracha.jpg

And 3-10 of these:
    TH115ozMilkChocMorsels.ashx
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • treitz3
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I have seen those bottles before. What is it?

sriracha.jpg
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Tom, Siracha hot pepper sauce, couple bucks in the ethnic food section. I keep a bottle on hand, it is great in soups, casseroles, adds a flavorful kick, not just heat.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Systems
    edited December 2010
    Options

sriracha.jpg

It makes your nose run, and tears flow, 30minutes after you eat it!:biggrin:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • treitz3
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'll have to give that a whirl. I've always wondered what that stuff was.
  • dorourke07
    dorourke07 Posts: 298
    edited December 2010
    Options
    When you are in Cincinnati do yourself a favor and check out the Montgomery Inn. Great bbq and great sauce. Most of the grocery stores in Ohio carry it. Thick and smoky with a nice sweet follow up taste. Complex and indulgent.
    Mains - LSi9's
    Center - LSiC
    Surround - pair of TL3's
    Amplification - Parasound 2125
    AVR - Onkyo 706
    CD/SACD - Onkyo DV-SP506
    SUB - MartinLogan Abyss
    55" Panasonic Viera TC-P55GT30 3D
    Bluray - DMP-BDT310 Panasonic
  • Systems
    edited December 2010
    Options

sriracha.jpg

Sriracha, HOT chili sauce.
    Made from sun ripened chili's.
    The combination of both (+chocolate), added to BarBQue sauce, adds a "Mole" demension to a great sauce.

Fantastic on anything, meat, vegetables, chili, ect, ect.
    Best bang for buck condiment!
    Just add a couple of drops to everything (alittle goes ALONG WAY!!!).:biggrin:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • zarrdoss
    zarrdoss Posts: 2,562
    edited December 2010
    Options
    we have a few local variates around, Shuffler Bros. Johnstown co is sold in out local Albertsons, I really like the sweet and mild.
  • Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited December 2010
    Options
    For mass produced bbq sauce, SBR's is it
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
  • Systems
    edited December 2010
    Options
    OK Line Bar-B-Que in Oklahoma City!
    You have to have a reservation.
    KILLER!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited December 2010
    Options
    LOL!
    Killer name!:biggrin:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Cookies (made in IA) is my house BBQ sauce. It's a good flavorful semi-sweet sauce that's a really good base for anyway you want to take it. Sweet Baby Ray's isn't bad either.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    edited December 2010
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Salt-Lick-Original-Recipe-Sauce/dp/B0046WD4YW

From a local BBQ restaurant, it's on the sweeter side but it's amazing.
  • Systems
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I see 3 from this thread that I am going to order.
    Keep em coming, always like "alittle strange"!:biggrin:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • seeclear
    seeclear Posts: 1,237
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Brooks' House of BBQ in Oneonta, NY. AWESOME chicken, and their original bbq sauce is great on pork or beef. It is not real spicy/hot, but a bit sweet and flavorful. Here is a link for the classic sauce-->

http://www.brooksbbq.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=20

Here is a recipe for our closest approximation of the chicken sauce. Marinate your chicken in it and then baste as you grill it, it is incredible--->

2 cups oil
    2 cups vinegar ( I use cider, but any good vinegar is fine)
    4 tbls salt
    1/2 tsp pepper
    2-1/2 tbls poultry seasoning
    1/2 tsp accent (seasoned salt)
    1/2 tbls garlic salt
    2 beaten eggs

Combine and cook until it boils, let cool and then add 1/2 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup key lime juice.

You can thank me later. ;)
    "Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."
  • Systems
    edited December 2010
    Options
    seeclear wrote: »
    Brooks' House of BBQ in Oneonta, NY. AWESOME chicken, and their original bbq sauce is great on pork or beef. It is not real spicy/hot, but a bit sweet and flavorful. Here is a link for the classic sauce-->

http://www.brooksbbq.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=20

Here is a recipe for our closest approximation of the chicken sauce. Marinate your chicken in it and then baste as you grill it, it is incredible--->

2 cups oil
    2 cups vinegar ( I use cider, but any good vinegar is fine)
    4 tbls salt
    1/2 tsp pepper
    2-1/2 tbls poultry seasoning
    1/2 tsp accent (seasoned salt)
    1/2 tbls garlic salt
    2 beaten eggs

Combine and cook until it boils, let cool and then add 1/2 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup key lime juice.

You can thank me later. ;)

I am there!:biggrin:
    Great thing about BBQ, you can always "Modify" things!
    I like "Modded" Q sauce!:biggrin:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited December 2010
    Options
    pepster wrote: »
    Alittle secret if you heat your sauce in a pan:
    About 5-10 drops of this:
    sriracha.jpg

A Korean place I go to for lunch every so often, the dude who owns it makes his own hot sauce like that. Can be wicked stuff if you aren't careful. He makes his kimchi with it and it's crazy hot but finished pretty sweet once the heat goes away. Good stuff. There are different versions too. There is one that comes with garlic in it and that'll make you sweat. I've also seen one that comes with a curry power added for a hot & sour flavor. They are distinctly Asian though. Not like a Tobasco or Cholulu hot sauce.

BTW, I usually don't like anything on my eggs but salt, pepper and bacon but that Sriracha hot sauce goes GREAT with scrambled eggs!

As far as BBQ sauces go though, Sweet Baby Rays is good.

Texas Pete's has an awesome BBQ sauce with good kick to it. Has lotsa sugar in it too so it gives good color and crunch on the grill.

Sticky Fingers has a great line of all kinds too.

I like the whiskey/bourbon sauces. Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, Maker's Mark all have good sauces too.

I like the Stubb's ones too. They have some good rubs as well. The Chilli-Lime rub on grilled chicken is awesome!

And honestly, all you snobs are going to hate me but the original Kraft BBQ sauce I think is actually pretty good and simple.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Systems
    edited December 2010
    Options
    And honestly, all you snobs are going to hate me but the original Kraft BBQ sauce I think is actually pretty good and simple.
    Funny you should say that.
    I grilled some smoked Polska Kielbasa sausage tonight, and added some Kraft original (with Sriracha, Ketchup, and Kosher salt) and it was freakin killer.
    That is what started this thread, I was just out of the others, and only had Kraft original!
    Head Country is freakin killer also, if you have not tried it, I LOVE IT!
    Excellent and HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,052
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »

When I cook a roast in the Crock-pot with potatoes, carrots, and onions, the original Kraft is the only sauce I'll eat with it. When I'm actually eating BBQ, Head Country is my choice.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    edited December 2010
    Options

For those that dig the mustard based sauce, they have that too but I have never tried it.

I love oldmule also.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.