Call of Duty: Black Ops (Treyarch)

Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited November 2010
    I never sniped on any of them, just not my thing. it just seems that the maps ar emore close quarter than previous games to me.

might be because i was playing Battlefield 2 for months before this came out, but who knows.

been trying the M14 with scope and grip. just annoying that you have to shoot someone 5 times to get a kill (or at least it seems like that). this game is just annoying me more than other COD games.

been having some success with the AK74 w grip and scope as well (I like the acog, what can I tell ya)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ryanjoachim
    ryanjoachim Posts: 2,046
    edited November 2010
    ohskigod wrote: »
    I never sniped on any of them, just not my thing. it just seems that the maps ar emore close quarter than previous games to me.

might be because i was playing Battlefield 2 for months before this came out, but who knows.

been trying the M14 with scope and grip. just annoying that you have to shoot someone 5 times to get a kill (or at least it seems like that). this game is just annoying me more than other COD games.

been having some success with the AK74 w grip and scope as well (I like the acog, what can I tell ya)

All of the maps are definitely more "run-n-gun" style in BO. There's not much open space in any of the maps, and where there is open space there is usually several different ways to get into there. So it's not a very sniper-friendly game, although I have seen people who do it very well already.
    MrNightly wrote: »
    "Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."
    mystik610 wrote: »
    Best Buy is for people who don't know any better. Magnolia is for people who don't know any better and have more money to spend.
    My System:

TV: SAMSUNG UN55B7000 55" 1080p LED HDTV
    HTPC: Chromecast w/ Plex Media Server. Media streamed from Media Server.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited November 2010
    Had my best game on the weekend 21 kills 4 deaths!!!
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited November 2010
    I wasn't planning on picking this up, but u r all giving me second thoughts
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited November 2010
    shepx2 wrote: »
    I wasn't planning on picking this up, but u r all giving me second thoughts

You really need to grab a copy Shep, what little time I've had to play as of here lately I've really enjoyed it. At least go rent a copy and give it a spin.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • HTguru1982
    HTguru1982 Posts: 1,066
    edited November 2010
    Still waiting for Christmas to get this. Anyone still playing World at War?
    Display: Sony 42" LCD
    Sources: Harman Kardon DVD-27,
    Panasonic DMP-BDT110 blu ray player
    AVR: Sony STR-DA2400ES
    Amps: Sonance Sonamp 260(fronts),
    Kenwood KM-894(surrounds)
    Fronts: NHT 2.5
    Center: NHT VS-1.2A
    Surrounds: NHT Super One
    Subwoofer: SVS PB10-ISD
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited November 2010
    keep missin' you grim. you had better have some jerky in the works to make it worth your while ignoring the rest of us. :)

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited November 2010
    Played up to level ten on Combat training to get the achievement. Actually had a lot of fun doing that.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited December 2010
    Picked this up for the PS3 last night. Dug into the single player some and really enjoyed myself. Also tried multiplayer last night for about 10 minutes, which was also fun.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • mudwrx
    mudwrx Posts: 367
    edited December 2010
    I'll be getting this for Christmas so I'm sure when I do get on line I will be getting owned by a few of you, as I can't compete with a lot of the on line players.

I used to play Counter Strike on my PC and I was hella-good using the mouse and keyboard. I mean, I had games where I was like 52-3. However I'm just not as quick with the controllers (I have PS3). Plus I do not spend anywhere near the amount of time playing video games as I used to. Damn life gets in the way.

See you soon on line. I'll be the guy getting smoked, with like a death to kill ratio of about 100-1, if I'm lucky!
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited December 2010
    Just started playing it. Been in combat training. I got up to level 9. Once I get a little better I will get in with the rest of you guys.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited December 2010
    24 kills is my highest so far....
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited December 2010
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Picked this up for the PS3 last night. Dug into the single player some and really enjoyed myself. Also tried multiplayer last night for about 10 minutes, which was also fun.

I played the campaign for about 30 minutes, and I felt the same way as I did the previous modern warfare games... too over the top (call of duty 2 was the only one I semi enjoyed). When it comes to single player, I like taking my time, not getting shot at from every direction. Multiplayer is another story, I'm obsessed, so much more balanced and I'm not getting tubed every damn time.

Whens the polk clan getting together?
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • B&W802d
    B&W802d Posts: 72
    edited December 2010
    COD BO is an awesome game but the servers are horrible at times. I hope they fix this issue soon. Nothing worse than having all kinds of kill streak bonuses stocked up for a game only to lose connection. My favorite setup so far is the Stoner with a custom scope,lightweight pro,sleight of hand pro,and marathon. For the others I have grenades,nova gas,claymore. Awesome to throw some nova gas and have someone run through it only to die by lethal flashbang. You can rack up the kills like that with some great teamwork.:biggrin:
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited December 2010
    Just finished the single player. Excellent story. Kinda cool how it was all over the map from modern day to WWII to vietnam. It kinda dragged on a bit at the end, but overall was a fun ride.

@Fireman32....get to level ten in Combat training...you get an achievement for it. (Or if your on the ps3 you will get a trophy)
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • jflail2
    edited December 2010
    The MP5 with the extended mag and steady aim seem to make for a nice run and gun weapon. I like to move a lot, so that gives me something I can shoot pretty accurately without having to zoom.

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited December 2010
    Just finished the single player. Excellent story. Kinda cool how it was all over the map from modern day to WWII to vietnam. It kinda dragged on a bit at the end, but overall was a fun ride.

@Fireman32....get to level ten in Combat training...you get an achievement for it. (Or if your on the ps3 you will get a trophy)

Havent played in a couple of days but will get on tonight. Fireman12671 is my id on the playstation network if anyone wants to friend me
  • jflail2
    edited December 2010
    I've been getting my @ss handed to me, but I did have 2 games back to back last night where my K:D ratio was over 1. Let's hope I'm turning a corner there :)

And I'm still liking the MP5. Just opened the AK-74u up, which looks better on paper anyway, so I'll be trying to switch to that next.

• Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited December 2010
    Kovster and I gamed for a bit last night. Not sure if he is on here much these days or not. My best game was 31 and 10. I averaged about 23-24 kills a game.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited December 2010
    I average less than ........................10. Yes I know I suck. Lol
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited December 2010
    Sherardp wrote: »
    Kovster and I gamed for a bit last night. Not sure if he is on here much these days or not. My best game was 31 and 10. I averaged about 23-24 kills a game.

Last night for you was about 12 in the afternoon for me :wink:. Yeah you were tearing it up, I couldn't get a good game going, don't think I went negative but damn close. Oh well, you have good games and bad ones.

Next time if you see me on, don't hesitate to join up. Maybe this time I'll be the one on top:cool:
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited December 2010
    tommyboy wrote: »
    Last night for you was about 12 in the afternoon for me :wink:. Yeah you were tearing it up, I couldn't get a good game going, don't think I went negative but damn close. Oh well, you have good games and bad ones.

Next time if you see me on, don't hesitate to join up. Maybe this time I'll be the one on top:cool:

Got on with Grim today, and indeed started out crappy for 1st one or two. Had to readjust and I was back at it, no less than 18 kills.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • jflail2
    edited December 2010
    Ok, I have to say that the online portion of the PS3 version of BO absolutely sucks balls.

I'd guess that I disconnect from 7-8 games out of every 10 I connect to. The game many times will hang "waiting on more players" in the lobby even though both sides are full. Connection interruption warnings, bad lag/ frame rates, wow.

From what I understand, Treyarch basically alluded to the fact that they didn't care about supporting the PS3 version of this title at all. It shows. I am considering selling my copy and picking up MW2 again...

• leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited December 2010
    Ok, I have to say that the online portion of the PS3 version of BO absolutely sucks balls.

I'd guess that I disconnect from 7-8 games out of every 10 I connect to. The game many times will hang "waiting on more players" in the lobby even though both sides are full. Connection interruption warnings, bad lag/ frame rates, wow.

From what I understand, Treyarch basically alluded to the fact that they didn't care about supporting the PS3 version of this title at all. It shows. I am considering selling my copy and picking up MW2 again...

No problems so far over here.
  • jflail2
    edited December 2010
    Really? Interesting.....What Nat type are you then? I'll need to check that when I get home.

I spent some time on the COD forums last night, but couldn't find any connectivity solutions.

I know I didn't have any issues along these lines with MW2...

• bopicasso
    bopicasso Posts: 878
    edited December 2010
    I have connection problems on maybe 1 out of 10 matches. And I have over 75 hours played.
    Living Room setup: Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH, Krell KAV 300i, PS Audio DL III DAC, Tyler Acoustics Taylo 7u, Dynaudio Audience 120C+, SVS 25/31PCI, B-P-T Clean Power Center, Ps3, Panny 50" S1 Plasma, Tekline speaker cables, Audio Art interconnects, and Pangea power cables.
  • jflail2
    edited December 2010
    Ok, I'm now wondering if there's something wrong on my end of things...

Bopicasso, can you check your nat type as well when you get the chance? That's the only thing I can think of that might be causing this issue.

Like I said, MW2 runs like a champ for me. This is weird.

• FittyFieFo
    FittyFieFo Posts: 482
    edited December 2010
    Ok, I'm now wondering if there's something wrong on my end of things...

Bopicasso, can you check your nat type as well when you get the chance? That's the only thing I can think of that might be causing this issue.

Like I said, MW2 runs like a champ for me. This is weird.

I must say..I've been disconnected from servers like no other either. Not to mention, it freezes my game and I have to restart. Funny thing, it only happens with TDM or any other game type. When I play zombies online, it's fine.
    Samsung LN52A850 (52" 1080P LCD TV) | RTi A9's (Fronts) | Csi A6(Center) | FXi A6 (Rear Surrounds) | SVS PB12-NSD (Sub) | Oppo BDP-103 | Panamax M5300-PM

Pre-Amp: Marantz AV7005 | Amp: Emotiva XPA-5 | Speaker wires: Signal Cables | Interconnects: Signal Cables
  • aboroth00
    aboroth00 Posts: 1,103
    edited December 2010
    Everyone seems to use the same gun, AK74u, other than that, I'd like to be able to use a different gun and diff combos but i'd hate to have a disadvantage.
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited December 2010
    Sherardp wrote: »
    Got on with Grim today, and indeed started out crappy for 1st one or two. Had to readjust and I was back at it, no less than 18 kills.

Should be on tonight as well, haven't been doing so hot here lately myself, must be the lack of sleep due to hunting.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!