Call of Duty: Black Ops (Treyarch)

1246729

Comments

  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited November 2010
    c'mon old crew, let's bang some zombies.

    POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)
    XBOX 360WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

    http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • ryanjoachim
    ryanjoachim Posts: 2,046
    edited November 2010
    I think I'll try out zombies when I get home. That was the only part of WaW that I liked.
    MrNightly wrote: »
    "Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."
    mystik610 wrote: »
    Best Buy is for people who don't know any better. Magnolia is for people who don't know any better and have more money to spend.
    My System:


    TV: SAMSUNG UN55B7000 55" 1080p LED HDTV
    HTPC: Chromecast w/ Plex Media Server. Media streamed from Media Server.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited November 2010
    Cool game, that's all this old man will add to this. Well I did shoot someone the shoulder which stated "What the F dud" he got in the way, and I'm new at that remote. :smile:

    Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

    Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR


  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2010
    Yes Demi, wondering out loud "why is this?" is considered whining. Whereas I put my opinion out there with the intent to have someone educate me, you put your comment out there with the intent to be a jerk.

    Even just last year you would rarely see people being rude in threads...now it seems every other thread has to degrade into someone spouting off for no reason.

    COD 4 > COD: BO > MW2. That is all.

    I've been reading your posts in the MW2 thread, whining...and now in here, whining.

    You don't like consoles and prefer PC. That's cool. Why do you feel the need to bring it up in nearly every gaming thread you post in?
  • ryanjoachim
    ryanjoachim Posts: 2,046
    edited November 2010
    Demiurge wrote: »
    I've been reading your posts in the MW2 thread, whining...and now in here, whining.

    You don't like consoles and prefer PC. That's cool. Why do you feel the need to bring it up in nearly every gaming thread you post in?

    I wasn't the only (or first) one to bring it up in this thread. But that is neither here nor there, so meh.

    Back on topic (kind of), are all the weapons from the campaign available in some form on the online portion of the game?
    I'm thinking mainly of the "death gun" (forgot it's exact name) from the escape mission.
    MrNightly wrote: »
    "Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."
    mystik610 wrote: »
    Best Buy is for people who don't know any better. Magnolia is for people who don't know any better and have more money to spend.
    My System:


    TV: SAMSUNG UN55B7000 55" 1080p LED HDTV
    HTPC: Chromecast w/ Plex Media Server. Media streamed from Media Server.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,645
    edited November 2010
    I only played campaign for 2hrs this am. I might start over and try the next difficulty up as right now I'm on reg and think I might finish it soon. I have yet to play on-line. PS or X I don't care I like the game on Ps but at the same time I don't know any different and I'm happy that way.
    TV room- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung QN75Q7DR Qled 75" tv, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, PS4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox 360 Family room Samsung 55JS7000 Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV, Polk Magnifi Max. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium, Neutron App or Amazon Music to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

  • veerapaneni
    veerapaneni Posts: 112
    edited November 2010
    Is this game worth buying ?
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,645
    edited November 2010
    Is this game worth buying ?


    For campaign I say yes can't confirm for online action yet.
    TV room- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung QN75Q7DR Qled 75" tv, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, PS4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox 360 Family room Samsung 55JS7000 Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV, Polk Magnifi Max. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium, Neutron App or Amazon Music to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited November 2010
    Definitely.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

    Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

    Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited November 2010
    I've enjoyed every minute of it so far online and campaign so in my opinion yes, definately worth it.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited November 2010
    i wanna get some. rob, hopefully be on after i kick the kid off. later on...

    POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)
    XBOX 360WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

    http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited November 2010
    Oh, and if anyone was wondering whether to get this on 360 or PS3:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-call-of-duty-black-ops-faceoff
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited November 2010
    I unlocked the hidden DOA game (from the main menu, look down at your hands and hit left/right trigger until you break free, then walk to the computer and type in DOA and enter) and Zork (type Zork and enter). After that, you can play DOA online co-op, and it is a HOOT! It easily could've been a standalone game.


    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EIiZop7kcQI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EIiZop7kcQI?fs=1&hl=en_US&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

    POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)
    XBOX 360WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

    http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited November 2010
    grimmmm... you gotta go zombie mode next time. promise?

    POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)
    XBOX 360WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

    http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited November 2010
    BIZILL wrote: »
    grimmmm... you gotta go zombie mode next time. promise?

    Gotcha!
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • FittyFieFo
    FittyFieFo Posts: 482
    edited November 2010
    Man...god damn. You can tell people have been playing non-stop already throughout the day. I come home from work and when I log in around 7pm CT, I see people on level 40's. wtf!? lol. Anyways, I did well on the day it was released..but yesterday I got owned.

    Not sure if the guns are weaker in this game than in MW2, but I got owned. It also seems to me that every time I spawn, there's either someone behind me, or someone that spawns across from me. Maybe it was just a bad night of gaming :(.
    Samsung LN52A850 (52" 1080P LCD TV) | RTi A9's (Fronts) | Csi A6(Center) | FXi A6 (Rear Surrounds) | SVS PB12-NSD (Sub) | Oppo BDP-103 | Panamax M5300-PM

    Pre-Amp: Marantz AV7005 | Amp: Emotiva XPA-5 | Speaker wires: Signal Cables | Interconnects: Signal Cables
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,645
    edited November 2010
    FittyFieFo wrote: »
    Not sure if the guns are weaker in this game than in MW2, but I got owned. It also seems to me that every time I spawn, there's either someone behind me, or someone that spawns across from me. Maybe it was just a bad night of gaming :(.


    No I noticed this as well. Plus I shot a guy 2 in the face and he didn't die, he shoots me in the chest....I die... WTF ???!!!
    TV room- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung QN75Q7DR Qled 75" tv, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, PS4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox 360 Family room Samsung 55JS7000 Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV, Polk Magnifi Max. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium, Neutron App or Amazon Music to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

  • B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    edited November 2010
    FittyFieFo wrote: »
    Man...god damn. You can tell people have been playing non-stop already throughout the day. I come home from work and when I log in around 7pm CT, I see people on level 40's. wtf!?

    Haha i'm a 44. That's what happens when the wife is out of town and I have an easy work week.
  • FittyFieFo
    FittyFieFo Posts: 482
    edited November 2010
    B Run wrote: »
    Haha i'm a 44. That's what happens when the wife is out of town and I have an easy work week.

    **** ;). I'm still trying to get used to this game. Contracts sometimes confuse me. Still trying to figure out what guns to buy. I think I might stick with the assault rifles.
    Samsung LN52A850 (52" 1080P LCD TV) | RTi A9's (Fronts) | Csi A6(Center) | FXi A6 (Rear Surrounds) | SVS PB12-NSD (Sub) | Oppo BDP-103 | Panamax M5300-PM

    Pre-Amp: Marantz AV7005 | Amp: Emotiva XPA-5 | Speaker wires: Signal Cables | Interconnects: Signal Cables
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited November 2010
    I'm at lvl 35 and have logged some good hours. Or so I thought. Lol.

    As for guns, I like the Galil with ext mags. Perks are scavenger, sleight of hand and ninja. I am sick of constantly hearing people **** about this while playing. It seems one friend and I are the only people I constantly play with that like this game. Everyone says MW2 is better but I disagree. On COD4, my end K/D ratio was .92. MW2 ended at 1.09. I'm currently at 1.33 overall and love it. I feel the guns react better for how I play and the lack of auto aim (or minimized amount) takes out the luck for the lower quality players. Not saying I'm great but better than your average bear.

    As I tell everyone; if you're a good to bad player, this game is harder and you'll hate it. If you are better than average to great player, you'll enjoy it more. Maybe I'm wrong there but that's the trend of my friends list thus far.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

    Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

    Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited November 2010
    Well, finished the campaign mode last night, interesting ending so I won't spoil it for anyone. Now it's time to concentrate on the multiplayer mode.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • grimmace19
    grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
    edited November 2010
    Been having a blast playing the wager matches... i sure wish you could earn xp during them rather than "money"
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited November 2010
    Coming Soon...................I'm out on business until the 24th.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

    Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • ryanjoachim
    ryanjoachim Posts: 2,046
    edited November 2010
    Grimster74 wrote: »
    Well, finished the campaign mode last night, interesting ending so I won't spoil it for anyone. Now it's time to concentrate on the multiplayer mode.

    Ditto for me. I was laughing through the whole video. Love how they portrayed all the characters.

    Oh, and DoA is an amazing "mini" game. Definitely could have been it's own standalone game.
    MrNightly wrote: »
    "Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."
    mystik610 wrote: »
    Best Buy is for people who don't know any better. Magnolia is for people who don't know any better and have more money to spend.
    My System:


    TV: SAMSUNG UN55B7000 55" 1080p LED HDTV
    HTPC: Chromecast w/ Plex Media Server. Media streamed from Media Server.
  • veerapaneni
    veerapaneni Posts: 112
    edited November 2010
    Grimster74 wrote: »
    I've enjoyed every minute of it so far online and campaign so in my opinion yes, definately worth it.

    I am going to get it today.
  • grimmace19
    grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
    edited November 2010
    Is it just me or is it impossible to get full green bars for a connection speed. I haven't had more than 3 bars for more than a few matches since release date.
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited November 2010
    I dig this game. I also have to say BUY THE HATCHET. I love owning people with that thing- getting good at it too. Immediate kill as well.
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited November 2010
    Oh, and if anyone was wondering whether to get this on 360 or PS3:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-call-of-duty-black-ops-faceoff

    That was a very good post

    Man the ps3 sucks **** and its official . I dont know why I paid what I did for it when it cant even beat the xbox
  • cokewithvanilla
    cokewithvanilla Posts: 1,774
    edited November 2010
    I am pretty disappointed with the COD games in terms of the time it takes to beat single player. It took me like 6-8 hours to beat the game. I know a lot of people like the multiplayer and whatnot, but I just don't get into that. I play a game once, and if it was really good, I'll play it again a year or two down the road. So, for whatever these games cost, I'd like a bit more than a days worth of play.
  • myke
    myke Posts: 138
    edited November 2010
    Call of Duty is like golf in many ways but mostly..........addictive and it can be highly frustrating.:biggrin: (like when only a guys head is sticking out and you shoot him 3+ times but doesn't die and ends up shooting you once or twice and you drop:confused:

    Regarding some other post pertaining to the game, I don't really care for the cartoony(ish) look, I prefer a grittier more realistic look, like modern warfare1. I heard something like the good developers left forcing the hiring of world at war developers (that game was absolutely terrible, I gave it away for free!!). I'll still play but probably not buy the next one:frown: Oh well, what're you gonna do....
    Bonus Room:
    Pioneer Elite VSX-32
    RTi A7's / CSi A6
    DSW PRO 600 sub

    Emotiva XPA-5 & Interconnects
    Sony Surrounds (rears) - replacing soon

    Samsung BD-C5500
    Panamax M5300, Xbox360, ...& more coming

    Living Room:
    Samsung 58" PLasma
    Monoprice in-ceiling speakers
    old sony receiver (replacing soon)