Call of Duty: Black Ops (Treyarch)

Comments

• Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited November 2010
    Reported for over use of the reporting system.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited November 2010
    i reported someone spamming and it's since been removed. so it now looks like i'm reporting leroy, which is not the case.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Toxis
    edited November 2010
    Reported for looking like you reported someone not needing reporting. I'm confused. I'm gonna report this too.

Anyone playing black ops? I have been busy and haven't played in 3 nights. Withdraw!!!

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • FittyFieFo
    FittyFieFo Posts: 482
    edited November 2010
    Toxis, do you play Zombies at all!?
    Samsung LN52A850 (52" 1080P LCD TV) | RTi A9's (Fronts) | Csi A6(Center) | FXi A6 (Rear Surrounds) | SVS PB12-NSD (Sub) | Oppo BDP-103 | Panamax M5300-PM

Pre-Amp: Marantz AV7005 | Amp: Emotiva XPA-5 | Speaker wires: Signal Cables | Interconnects: Signal Cables
  • Toxis
    edited November 2010
    Have yet to do so. I hear it's a blast tho. I am on a mission to prestige though

• FittyFieFo
    FittyFieFo Posts: 482
    edited November 2010
    Toxis wrote: »
    Have yet to do so. I hear it's a blast tho. I am on a mission to prestige though

haha I can see that. I'm only on level 32 (I think). The game is a lot harder but it's fun. Zombie mode is hilarious and fun. Need good people and good strategy.
    Samsung LN52A850 (52" 1080P LCD TV) | RTi A9's (Fronts) | Csi A6(Center) | FXi A6 (Rear Surrounds) | SVS PB12-NSD (Sub) | Oppo BDP-103 | Panamax M5300-PM

Pre-Amp: Marantz AV7005 | Amp: Emotiva XPA-5 | Speaker wires: Signal Cables | Interconnects: Signal Cables
  • Toxis
    edited November 2010
    Finished my points for lvl 50 last night. Started the game up tonight and in 6 games, already at lvl 15. Not bad! It's been a great night. But I stopped to eat and I fear my hot streak will have ended.

• leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited November 2010
    BIZILL wrote: »
    i reported someone spamming and it's since been removed. so it now looks like i'm reporting leroy, which is not the case.

Reported..... For still owning a HD DVD player.
  • BIZILL
    edited November 2010
    i hold onto things for quite awhile. and i've been holding onto this hd dvd almost as long as i hold grudges.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • leroyjr1
    edited November 2010
    ........edited
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited November 2010
    leroyjr1 wrote: »
    Reported..... For still owning a HD DVD player.

CLASSIC !!!!!!!!

I love call of duty bo so much !!!!

I own everyone on my 80" gaming screen
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited November 2010
    CLASSIC !!!!!!!!

I love call of duty bo so much !!!!

I own everyone on my 80" gaming screen

80"? That's it, let's hope you never face me young lad. I'd own you on my 126" screen. I just started playing last night and already got 22 kills.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited November 2010
    How typical, guys sitting around comparing the size of their screens.....:eek:
    it's not the size that counts......it's how well calibrated it is...:redface: (says the guy with a 42")
  • leroyjr1
    edited November 2010
    Willow wrote: »
    it's not the size that counts......it's how well calibrated it is...:redface: (says the guy with a 42")

That's right, quality before quantity.
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited November 2010
    Willow wrote: »

I only have 100" screen... but my Epson 8500UB is calibrated to 6500k and a near-perfect 2.2 gamma using an EyeOne Display LT and HCFR. And I have 9.2 surround with a SVS sub and a Buttkicker LFE under the couch. What do I win? :biggrin:

I've had so little time to play Black Ops that I'm only just now level 17. Still trying to find the perfect gun setup, but I'm liking the FAMAS with a reflex scope and extended mag so far for close to medium range maps.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • BIZILL
    edited November 2010
    oh, shnikees! sherard jumpin' aboard... getcha game on.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    edited November 2010
    Has anyone tried it in 3D yet? I just ordered the kit to get my "3d ready" tv actually ready haha. I can't wait to try it, just hope it's as cool as it sounds.
  • Toxis
    edited November 2010
    I'm curious if you like the 3d. Regular 3d movies (on the new tvs, not theater) give me headaches after 30 seconds.

As for BO, already a lvl 30, 2nd prestige. Game is amazing!!

• B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    edited November 2010
    I'm curious if you like the 3d. Regular 3d movies (on the new tvs, not theater) give me headaches after 30 seconds.

I've honestly never tried the whole 3d tv experience besides the demos at best buy. I hope I like it too, i'll let yall know how it is. As for BO, you've only prestiged once? :tongue:
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited November 2010

Finally got to play the game last night, family member brought it over. I enjoyed it. First of all the grenades sound amazing, made the house shake they sounded so real. The one downfall I had was even when you are crouched not moving at all, you can't hear anyone coming at you. I know MW2 footsteps were a little ridiculous with how loud they were, but it be nice to at least hear something...

Other than that, its a fun game and IMO better than MW2 (so far), the little explosive car is a blast to use, will be buying soon
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • Sherardp
    edited November 2010
    I played online a few times, the jet lag is killing me though.

• Sherardp
    edited November 2010
    I'm on Xbox 360 playing if any Polkies wanna play. Game Tag : R3d t34rz

• Sherardp
    edited November 2010
    Where is everyone, Billzill and I were on 360 for hours tonight.

• BIZILL
    edited November 2010
    yeah, i had to get going but didn't want to put the controller down. sherard is owning up to his reputation of handing asses to those who play on the other team and i was doing my best to keep up. i didn't fare tooo bad tonight. good gaming. c'mon old crew, where you at?

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, I just got back from the mountains this week, spent the week up there hunting. Came back with one hell of a chest cold and sinus infection so I've been a little under the weather here lately. Went hunting yesterday and my buddy fired at one which he hit and we spent hours looking for it so by the time I got in last night ate, and took a shower I was down for the count. I'll certainly catch up with you guys again here soon but right now I'm trying to put meat on the ground as well as in the freezer.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • Sherardp
    edited November 2010
    Grimster74 wrote: »
    Yeah, I just got back from the mountains this week, spent the week up there hunting. Came back with one hell of a chest cold and sinus infection so I've been a little under the weather here lately. Went hunting yesterday and my buddy fired at one which he hit and we spent hours looking for it so by the time I got in last night ate, and took a shower I was down for the count. I'll certainly catch up with you guys again here soon but right now I'm trying to put meat on the ground as well as in the freezer.

Hey don't you even worry about gaming right now, get better. Put that Deere jerky in the mail so I can eat good man.

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited November 2010
    I gotta hook up with you guys when I play, maybe it's all the Battlefield 2 and Halo I;ve been playing but I am getting @ssraped when I play multiplayer. Having trouble getting into a groove with this game.

is it me or is being a sniper useless in Black Ops?
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • grimmace19
    grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
    edited November 2010
    Being a sniper in any game is useless.

Anyone have a good strategy for zombies? Been trying to play online but cant hardly find a game.
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited November 2010
    ohskigod wrote: »
    is it me or is being a sniper useless in Black Ops?

Yeah, pretty much. But snag the M14 assault rifle with the Warlord perk and throw on a grip and a scope... and you've got the best of both worlds. You can still headshot at decent distances and still tap out enough at medium range or close from the hip. I'm liking that more than any of the sniper rifles so far.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • BIZILL
    edited November 2010
    sniping hasn't been good in any of the newer call of duty's since cod3. i was a sniping fool on that one!

with black ops i'm really diggin' the galil with red dot and fast mag reloading. this thing has very little recoil and allows me to keep that dot on foreheads in full-auto.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote: