Call of Duty: Black Ops (Treyarch)

Comments

• Hawkeye
    Hawkeye Posts: 1,313
    edited November 2010
    I'm not a big or good gamer at all!! I have all the versions since my boys and I like to play a bit together. I think they just barely tolerate me on their teams!!

I've played BO (no pun intended) for about 15 hours and am at level 29. I dislike the RC-Car being available after a 3 streak. Too many of these driving around all the time. I also have a hard time accepting I can put a full clip into somebody and not have them die and they cap me with 2 rounds! I've noticed that this seems to be much more visible if your targeting someone with a higher level than the shooter.

My favorite map is Domination at Nuketown. No time to rest or reload!!

Gordon
    2 Channel -
    Martin Logan Spire, 2 JL Audio F112 subs
    McIntosh C1000 Controller with Tube pre amp, 2 MC501 amplifiers, MD1K Transport & DAC, MR-88 Tuner
    WireWorld Eclipse 6.0 speaker wire and jumpers, Eclipse 5^2 Squared Balanced IC's. Silver Eclipse PCs (5)
    Symposium Rollerblocks 2+ (16)Black Diamond Racing Mk 3 pits (8)
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited November 2010
    myke wrote: »
    I heard something like the good developers left forcing the hiring of world at war developers (that game was absolutely terrible, I gave it away for free!!). I'll still play but probably not buy the next one:frown: Oh well, what're you gonna do....

Well, 22 of the primary members of Infinity Ward left due to a dispute over money owed them for Modern Warfare 2 and the firing of their two company heads. 75 of the IW team are still there and still working, so they may still put out a solid product in the future. That said, the people who made IW what it was have started a new studio called Respawn Entertainment over at EA, so I would look for great things from them. Part of their deal gives them complete creative control, which was what their huge issue was with Activision - they wanted them to churn out CoD games every year instead of focusing on making a great game.

Treyarch did World At War... but I gotta say that they seem to have learned their lesson from all the criticism that game took. While there is still an issue with the way the multiplayer spawns are done in Black Ops (the other team should not spawn behind where you just spawned, dammit!), the campaign is seriously the best story of any of the CoD games thus far. Plus, it's like they took all the community and ranking stuff from Halo and the realtime updates of Burnout Paradise and slapped it into Black Ops. With all the options, it's definitely a game that has serious legs in multiplayer and will stick around for some time.

(And the zombie mode where you play as Castro, Kennedy, Nixon and McNamara = AWESOME!)
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • myke
    myke Posts: 138
    edited November 2010
    Kuntasensei,

I appreciate you response, I heard something similiar but your was a more detailed, thank you. Its a shame too, a wonderfull franchise has been RUINED imho. I see the mixture of other games you mentioned but I still wish the old DUTY was back or done right!!:mad:

The game annoys the **** out of me sometimes, and i'm not that bad either but winning isn't everything. One of my buddies already gave it away to a friend (poor guy:biggrin:) and is only playing modern warfare 2 from the series, with the occasional modern warfare orig.
    Bonus Room:
    Pioneer Elite VSX-32
    RTi A7's / CSi A6
    DSW PRO 600 sub

Emotiva XPA-5 & Interconnects
    Sony Surrounds (rears) - replacing soon

Samsung BD-C5500
    Panamax M5300, Xbox360, ...& more coming

Living Room:
    Samsung 58" PLasma
    Monoprice in-ceiling speakers
    old sony receiver (replacing soon)
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited November 2010
    Any ps3 players out there?
  • ryanjoachim
    ryanjoachim Posts: 2,046
    edited November 2010
    Kuntasensei,

I appreciate you response, I heard something similiar but your was a more detailed, thank you. Its a shame too, a wonderfull franchise has been RUINED imho. I see the mixture of other games you mentioned but I still wish the old DUTY was back or done right!!:mad:

The game annoys the **** out of me sometimes, and i'm not that bad either but winning isn't everything. One of my buddies already gave it away to a friend (poor guy:biggrin:) and is only playing modern warfare 2 from the series, with the occasional modern warfare orig.

I don't get how anyone can like MW2 more than this game...sure, this one has it's share of issues, but so does MW2.

CoD4 (MW1) is still king in my books.
    MrNightly wrote: »
    "Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."
    mystik610 wrote: »
    Best Buy is for people who don't know any better. Magnolia is for people who don't know any better and have more money to spend.
    My System:

TV: SAMSUNG UN55B7000 55" 1080p LED HDTV
    HTPC: Chromecast w/ Plex Media Server. Media streamed from Media Server.
  • myke
    myke Posts: 138
    edited November 2010
    Ryan,

You are right on that MW2 does have its issues, like a guy running mach2 all around the course dodging bullets......sooo realistic:rolleyes: However, this new one is world at war part 2 really, thats all. MW1 as you mentioned is and always will be the King!! I guess i'm just REALLY disappointed and know there is nothing on the horizon to keep me going, i'm already thinking of selling the game for cheap to at least get SOME money back or just giving it away......but i'm tryin to hold on, we'll see.
    Bonus Room:
    Pioneer Elite VSX-32
    RTi A7's / CSi A6
    DSW PRO 600 sub

Emotiva XPA-5 & Interconnects
    Sony Surrounds (rears) - replacing soon

Samsung BD-C5500
    Panamax M5300, Xbox360, ...& more coming

Living Room:
    Samsung 58" PLasma
    Monoprice in-ceiling speakers
    old sony receiver (replacing soon)
  • ryanjoachim
    edited November 2010
    Ryan,

You are right on that MW2 does have its issues, like a guy running mach2 all around the course dodging bullets......sooo realistic:rolleyes: However, this new one is world at war part 2 really, thats all. MW1 as you mentioned is and always will be the King!! I guess i'm just REALLY disappointed and know there is nothing on the horizon to keep me going, i'm already thinking of selling the game for cheap to at least get SOME money back or just giving it away......but i'm tryin to hold on, we'll see.

There is something on the horizon...DUKE NUKEM: FOREVER!
    "Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."
    Best Buy is for people who don't know any better. Magnolia is for people who don't know any better and have more money to spend.
    My System:

• Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited November 2010
    leroyjr1 wrote: »
    Any ps3 players out there?

Hello. The_Bat_Wing
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • leroyjr1
    edited November 2010
    Toxis wrote: »
    Hello. The_Bat_Wing

Ps3 user name

Lscar27
  • grimmace19
    grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
    edited November 2010
    Leroy, my psn name is the same as on here

grimmace19
  • leroyjr1
    edited November 2010
    grimmace19 wrote: »

grimmace19

Just sent you a friend request
  • mystik610
    mystik610 Posts: 699
    edited November 2010
    I don't get how anyone can like MW2 more than this game...sure, this one has it's share of issues, but so does MW2.

CoD4 (MW1) is still king in my books.

I agree. Black Ops is definitely more balanced than MW2, mostly because they toned down the perks and killstreak rewards. Some of the load-out combinations in MW2 were so downright cheap and flat-out cheesy. I had enough of people dual wielding shotguns as a secondary weapon....or idiots running around spamming commando and marathon pro.

Black Ops feels a lot more like the first modern warfare, with a lot of the good from MW2 thrown in. I wasn't sure about the Black Ops initially (rented it), but I'm more into right now than I was MW2 when it came out.
    My System Showcase!

Media Room
    Paradigm Studio 60 - Paradigm CC-690 - Paradigm ADP-390 - Epik Empire - Anthem MRX300 - Emotiva XPA-5

Living-room
    Paradigm MilleniaOne - Rythmik F12GSE - Onkyo TX-SR805 - Adcom 5400

Headphones
    Sennheiser Momentum Over-Ear - Shure SE215 - Fiio E18 Kunlun
  • FittyFieFo
    FittyFieFo Posts: 482
    edited November 2010
    Ps3 user name

Lscar27

FittyFieFo is mine :)
    Samsung LN52A850 (52" 1080P LCD TV) | RTi A9's (Fronts) | Csi A6(Center) | FXi A6 (Rear Surrounds) | SVS PB12-NSD (Sub) | Oppo BDP-103 | Panamax M5300-PM

Pre-Amp: Marantz AV7005 | Amp: Emotiva XPA-5 | Speaker wires: Signal Cables | Interconnects: Signal Cables
  • FittyFieFo
    edited November 2010
    Hello. The_Bat_Wing

Toxis, we'll play one of these days, I swear. The times you've been inviting me I've been playing Zombies with the fiancee and friend. We love the Zombies mode.

The other night, I was playing a couple games with Grimmace, that's why I was trying to invite you!
    Samsung LN52A850 (52" 1080P LCD TV) | RTi A9's (Fronts) | Csi A6(Center) | FXi A6 (Rear Surrounds) | SVS PB12-NSD (Sub) | Oppo BDP-103 | Panamax M5300-PM

Pre-Amp: Marantz AV7005 | Amp: Emotiva XPA-5 | Speaker wires: Signal Cables | Interconnects: Signal Cables
  • leroyjr1
    edited November 2010
    FittyFieFo wrote: »
    Toxis, we'll play one of these days, I swear. The times you've been inviting me I've been playing Zombies with the fiancee and friend. We love the Zombies mode.

The other night, I was playing a couple games with Grimmace, that's why I was trying to invite you!

Played a couple games with Toxis last night, I definitely need some practice. I was only averaging a couple kills while everyone else had 15-30.

Adding you right now.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited November 2010
    Played a couple games with Toxis last night, I definitely need some practice. I was only averaging a couple kills while everyone else had 15-30.

Adding you right now.

willowbeast is my PSN
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited November 2010
    PSN = HawkeyeinNC
  • FittyFieFo
    edited November 2010
    What setups are working best for you (anyone) right now? (I know it's still a new game, but wondering what other people set ups are)

My current setup is:

AK74u
    Attachments: Grip + Rapid Fire
    Semtex, Flashbang, Claymore

Perk 1: Lightweight
    Perk 2: Warlord
    Perk 3: Ninja

I think that's all the information. It's been working out pretty well for me :)

• ballen823
    ballen823 Posts: 110
    edited November 2010
    I primarily use AR's.

Famas with Silencer when running Ghost/SOH/Ninja.
    Galil, AK47, & Commando with Hardline/SOH/misc

The Galil is the best early gun IMO (even though you don't get it until level 20).
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited November 2010
    Right now I have been using the Famas with red dot. My favorite gun is still the Galil. I hear the commando (m4) is beast so I'll try it when I can unlock it. The classified gun is weak supposedly.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • FittyFieFo
    edited November 2010
    I did prefer the ACR in MW2 and the AK74u is the only thing similar for me. I'm a run and shoot guy so I need something light and something fast to scope.

As for Assault Rifles in Black Ops, I can't stand the recoil on some of the guns. Hence..why I use grip.

• leroyjr1
    edited November 2010
    I did prefer the ACR in MW2 and the AK74u is the only thing similar for me. I'm a run and shoot guy so I need something light and something fast to scope.

As for Assault Rifles in Black Ops, I can't stand the recoil on some of the guns. Hence..why I use grip.

That's my biggest problem, by the time I scope someone I'm already shot.
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited November 2010

Well at least they tried the more "realistic" approach, a lot of the mw2 assault rifles have little to no recoil. Try shooting an AK-47 fully automatic and keep on your target... good luck:tongue:
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • leroyjr1
    edited November 2010
    Hello. The_Bat_Wing
    grimmace19 wrote: »

grimmace19
    Willow wrote: »
    willowbeast is my PSN
    codyc1ark wrote: »
    PSN = HawkeyeinNC

Friend request sent.
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited November 2010
    I have invested maybe 4 hours into the game. Mainly playing single player on Hardened. Love the story Line.

I also did the unlocks from the main sceen and played the zombie game that looks like Contra. LOVE IT!!! A great touch and a huge thumbs up to the devloper for making that game!

Also played the Solo version of Zombies....fun time doing that also.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • sabotg
    sabotg Posts: 126
    edited November 2010
    Just bought it for PC. I have to say I'm disappointed. It's too scripted for my taste. Last $60 console port I'll ever buy. IMHO everything has moved to profit and there is a serious lack of innovation in games these days. I haven't been impressed by a PC title since Far Cry and Crysis. Oh Well glad other people are enjoying it.:rolleyes:
  • polkanddie
    polkanddie Posts: 224
    edited November 2010
    sabotg wrote: »
    Just bought it for PC. I have to say I'm disappointed. It's too scripted for my taste. Last $60 console port I'll ever buy. IMHO everything has moved to profit and there is a serious lack of innovation in games these days. I haven't been impressed by a PC title since Far Cry and Crysis. Oh Well glad other people are enjoying it.:rolleyes:

Thats bc you bought it on pc... jk man. zombies is the ****.
    TV- Insignia 46'' LED,1080p,120hz
    Monster Power center hts3600 mk2
    Onkyo tx sr 503
    Rm6600 with 4 sanus stands
    SUB(DIY)
    Dayton HPSA500, JVC Arsenal dvc 2ohm 12" wired to 4ohms in 1.5 cu ft sealed box
    extras... RT10's.rti4s.atrium 5's.

"sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"-Tyler Durden
  • leroyjr1
    edited November 2010
    polkanddie wrote: »
    Thats bc you bought it on pc... jk man. zombies is the ****.

I didn't see any Zombies with ****.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited November 2010
    reported.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • ryanjoachim
    edited November 2010
    BIZILL wrote: »
    reported.

Reported for false reporting!
    My System: