Call of Duty: Black Ops (Treyarch)

Comments

• polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited November 2010
    Well I have to say that cod black ops is way better than cod mwf2 for multiplayer. The traffic flows way better than any of the previous games

The game seems like it was made by infinity ward ..I cant tell the diff now as they have gotten so good
  • mole'
    mole' Posts: 3,160
    edited November 2010
    Well I have to say that cod black ops is way better than cod mwf2 for multiplayer. The traffic flows way better than any of the previous games

The game seems like it was made by infinity ward ..I cant tell the diff now as they have gotten so good

PS3 or xbox?
    mole'
  • inspiredsports
    inspiredsports Posts: 5,501
    edited November 2010
    Just dropped $120 for the game plus another years xbox live subscription for my son. He's into it big time and says this version is a big improvement. I guess $10 a month is pretty cheap entertainment.
    VTL ST50 w/mods / RCA6L6GC / TlfnknECC801S
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 w/mods
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro/ Bada DD-22 Tube CDP / Conrad Johnson SD-22 CDP
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020 / Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    PS Audio Cryo / PowerPort Premium Outlets / Exact Power EP15A Conditioner
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • mole'
    edited November 2010
    Just dropped $120 for the game plus another years xbox live subscription for my son. He's into it big time and says this version is a big improvement. I guess $10 a month is pretty cheap entertainment.

its free on PS3 right?
    mole'
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited November 2010
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Yep...skipping this one.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ENXvZ9YRjbo?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ENXvZ9YRjbo?fs=1&hl=en_US&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited November 2010
    Yes ps3 online is free.
  • mole'
    edited November 2010
    leroyjr1 wrote: »
    Yes ps3 online is free.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
    mole'
  • polkfarmboy
    edited November 2010
    ps3 is crap though as the best of the best play on xbox live thats why I wont buy it for the ps3
  • mole'
    edited November 2010
    ps3 is crap though as the best of the best play on xbox live thats why I wont buy it for the ps3

i sold my Xbox. did not like it.

just 2 PS3s and the Wii left
    mole'
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited November 2010
    Yes ps3 online is free.

And like all things in life, you get what you pay for. :biggrin:

I unlocked the hidden DOA game (from the main menu, look down at your hands and hit left/right trigger until you break free, then walk to the computer and type in DOA and enter) and Zork (type Zork and enter). After that, you can play DOA online co-op, and it is a HOOT! It easily could've been a standalone game.

Played private match with a friend just to see how it felt. It still has the weird floaty movement and exaggerated view-bob that past Treyarch games have had, but it's better than World At War. I was impressed by some of the little things they've done with the multiplayer, and am happy that they seem to have learned from their past mistakes.

But then I ended up in co-op zombies with two friends and never got around to playing online multiplayer or the campaign. So far though... definitely worth the purchase. Good to see that Treyarch has paid attention to the criticism of their past games... but still sad that we'll never see another CoD game by Infinity Ward.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited November 2010
    And like all things in life, you get what you pay for. :biggrin:

I unlocked the hidden DOA game (from the main menu, look down at your hands and hit left/right trigger until you break free, then walk to the computer and type in DOA and enter) and Zork (type Zork and enter). After that, you can play DOA online co-op, and it is a HOOT! It easily could've been a standalone game.

Played private match with a friend just to see how it felt. It still has the weird floaty movement and exaggerated view-bob that past Treyarch games have had, but it's better than World At War. I was impressed by some of the little things they've done with the multiplayer, and am happy that they seem to have learned from their past mistakes.

But then I ended up in co-op zombies with two friends and never got around to playing online multiplayer or the campaign. So far though... definitely worth the purchase. Good to see that Treyarch has paid attention to the criticism of their past games... but still sad that we'll never see another CoD game by Infinity Ward.

I'm very happy with my ps3, that's all that matters.
  • polkfarmboy
    edited November 2010
    One thing I notice with ps3 games is that they are always more polished and the visuals are way better than xbox360 could only dream of rendering .All my friends have 360 so for online I go xbox but for single player theres no question about it ,ps3 is the best
  • BIZILL
    edited November 2010
    played a few hours tonight. only got to level 9 on zombies. otherwise the rest of the online play thus far are a bunch of smallish maps. cool for action, but i wanna get a scoped rifle and pick 'em out from afar. of course, i've only played two maps thus far. perhaps there are bigger maps.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited November 2010
    Most maps are huge. Still not a lot of sniping points but still huge maps. I like how it's more multi story buildings too. Adds a bit more realism to it. And after two nights, I'm at lvl 29... Don't think that first prestige will happen tomorrow as hoped.

Also played the new wager matches tonight too. Great games and an absolute load of fun! Too bad you don't get any points and the bucks aren't worth it if youre trying to buy anything. 60 if you win a double down game is just weak. I'll play the higher risk games after a bit but still don't think theow risk ones are worth the time if money is the goal.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited November 2010
    Can you do co-op....or have a AI team?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • FittyFieFo
    FittyFieFo Posts: 482
    edited November 2010
    I think I played with Grim last night for a couple of games. Grim, sorry I didn't notice until the last minute, I was playing with my hometown friends.

This is what I got from it: I love the Zombie mode and the fact that you can have a guest playing with you. My fiancee and I were playing Zombies for an hour or so with a couple of my friends online.

Does anyone know if you can have a guest and play a match online with online people? (Player Match)

The feel of Black Ops is different in my opinion, but I do like it. It has a cartoon-feel'ish gameplay.

I'm still learning as well, not sure what the Contracts do?? Also, is there anything close to the ACR in this game?
    Samsung LN52A850 (52" 1080P LCD TV) | RTi A9's (Fronts) | Csi A6(Center) | FXi A6 (Rear Surrounds) | SVS PB12-NSD (Sub) | Oppo BDP-103 | Panamax M5300-PM

Pre-Amp: Marantz AV7005 | Amp: Emotiva XPA-5 | Speaker wires: Signal Cables | Interconnects: Signal Cables
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited November 2010
    Drool... I have to wait untill Saturday to get this, maybe have to cancel the party Saturday night, kick the ol' lady out, and max this out for about 112 hours. I won't jump on the PS3/XBOX arguement bandwagon.
  • inspiredsports
    inspiredsports Posts: 5,501
    edited November 2010
    mole' wrote: »
    its free on PS3 right?

We have both PS3 and and xBox, but 100% of his friends are on xBox so that's where he has to be, and Microsoft just raised the price of the annual subscription.

I think you are correct that the PS3 live feature is free, but we only use it as a Bluray player so I'm not sure. I will say that when I've experimented with gaming on the PS3 hooked to my 58" 1080p Panny Plasma, the graphics are stunning.
    VTL ST50 w/mods / RCA6L6GC / TlfnknECC801S
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 w/mods
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro/ Bada DD-22 Tube CDP / Conrad Johnson SD-22 CDP
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020 / Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    PS Audio Cryo / PowerPort Premium Outlets / Exact Power EP15A Conditioner
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2010
    gotta love the FREE ps3....:biggrin:

Free. That's about what they'd need to be before I put one back in my system.

XBox Live blows PSN out of the water and is worth every penny. :wink:
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited November 2010
    I love this game. Played for awhile last night and would love to play some more as got to level 15. Didn't do campaign at all yet, loving the mutliplayer though. Even though people complain about the graphics I don't mind them and do really like the maps as to me there are a lot of places to go and you can blend in with your enviro pretty well such as the jungle map.

Only thing is we were playing with a party of 6-8 guys and would have the problem of one of us getting kicked out and everything before getting into a match, so it would take about 5-6 tries before getting a big party into it.
  • bopicasso
    bopicasso Posts: 878
    edited November 2010
    I have the ps3 version and LOVE it!!! Im addicted all over again....
    Living Room setup: Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH, Krell KAV 300i, PS Audio DL III DAC, Tyler Acoustics Taylo 7u, Dynaudio Audience 120C+, SVS 25/31PCI, B-P-T Clean Power Center, Ps3, Panny 50" S1 Plasma, Tekline speaker cables, Audio Art interconnects, and Pangea power cables.
  • BIZILL
    edited November 2010
    fitty, you and fiancee play zombie mode at same time ONLINE under 1 live account?

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • FittyFieFo
    FittyFieFo Posts: 482
    edited November 2010
    BIZILL wrote: »
    fitty, you and fiancee play zombie mode at same time ONLINE under 1 live account?

Sorry, I have a PS3 :). But yeah, I think I did a private match and invited my buddies online and we played it together. (4 total) It was pretty intense.
    Samsung LN52A850 (52" 1080P LCD TV) | RTi A9's (Fronts) | Csi A6(Center) | FXi A6 (Rear Surrounds) | SVS PB12-NSD (Sub) | Oppo BDP-103 | Panamax M5300-PM

Pre-Amp: Marantz AV7005 | Amp: Emotiva XPA-5 | Speaker wires: Signal Cables | Interconnects: Signal Cables
  • Demiurge
    edited November 2010
    BIZILL wrote: »
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ENXvZ9YRjbo?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ENXvZ9YRjbo?fs=1&hl=en_US&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

katyperrysnlgif.gif
  • ryanjoachim
    ryanjoachim Posts: 2,046
    edited November 2010
    I haven't played anything online yet, but so far the campaign is alright. This game is a big improvement over MW2 already. PC > both consoles for online play IMO.

I just don't see how people can choose to play an FPS with a controller.
    MrNightly wrote: »
    "Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."
    mystik610 wrote: »
    Best Buy is for people who don't know any better. Magnolia is for people who don't know any better and have more money to spend.
    My System:

TV: SAMSUNG UN55B7000 55" 1080p LED HDTV
    HTPC: Chromecast w/ Plex Media Server. Media streamed from Media Server.
  • PrazVT
    PrazVT Posts: 1,606
    edited November 2010
    Oh man...I have been forcing myself not to play MW2 since early this summer just b/c I was playing it all the time. I guess that embargo is over ... looks like the new one is a good game. Off to BB on the way back from work I guess :)
    ALL BOXED UP for a while until I save up for a new place :(

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs
  • PrazVT
    PrazVT Posts: 1,606
    edited November 2010
    I just don't see how people can choose to play an FPS with a controller.

I used to think the same thing ... but once you play for a while, you get the hang of it. Of course if you stop playing on the console for a while, it takes time to get back to where you were.

I tried playing MW2 a few times in the last month, and there was alot of rust (and frustration consequently).
    ALL BOXED UP for a while until I save up for a new place :(

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs
  • ryanjoachim
    edited November 2010
    I know you can "get used to it", but I don't see why you would want to. You can't match the ability to react to situations as quickly as you can with a keyboard and mouse, which (I thought) was the point behind FPS games...to react quickly and accurately.
    "Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."
    Best Buy is for people who don't know any better. Magnolia is for people who don't know any better and have more money to spend.
    My System:

• Demiurge
    edited November 2010
    Why do people incessantly whine about consoles? If you don't like them, don't farkin' play on one. Not that hard, really. The rest of the world doesn't care about your preference.
  • ryanjoachim
    edited November 2010
    Yes Demi, wondering out loud "why is this?" is considered whining. Whereas I put my opinion out there with the intent to have someone educate me, you put your comment out there with the intent to be a jerk.

Even just last year you would rarely see people being rude in threads...now it seems every other thread has to degrade into someone spouting off for no reason.

COD 4 > COD: BO > MW2. That is all.
    My System: