Call of Duty: Black Ops (Treyarch)

Comments

• shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited August 2010
    I don't know if I will be picking this up or not. It will depend on the reviews, and other folks on here.

Besides, I may be too busy with Reach to play COD anymore :)
  • messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    edited August 2010
    What I like best about the older COD series is that it was set in the past. You got to kill **** and **** in the ww2 episodes. It's actual history that you get to play. The modern stuff, while very "modern" looking, just doesn't have the same feel to it.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited September 2010
    Well, hopefully it's better than GRAW2. I can't get into a game that is THAT hard.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited September 2010
    obieone wrote: »
    Well, hopefully it's better than GRAW2. I can't get into a game that is THAT hard.

You thought GRAW2 was hard? Man... GRAW2 was AWESOME! Can't wait for the next Ghost Recon game!

Then again, I did have a friend who literally couldn't make it through the tutorial mission in GRAW... so I guess to each his own.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited September 2010
    You thought GRAW2 was hard? Man... GRAW2 was AWESOME! Can't wait for the next Ghost Recon game!

Then again, I did have a friend who literally couldn't make it through the tutorial mission in GRAW... so I guess to each his own.

OMG.....GRAW and GRAW2 were incredible gaming experiences. Such satisfaction in finishing those games. Loved every moment of it. Sure it is frustrating, but you just need to move your team in the right area so you can flank the enemies.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • kuntasensei
    edited September 2010
    OMG.....GRAW and GRAW2 were incredible gaming experiences. Such satisfaction in finishing those games. Loved every moment of it. Sure it is frustrating, but you just need to move your team in the right area so you can flank the enemies.

Plus, the co-op missions... AWESOME. Used to love setting up a round of base defense in GRAW2 on high enemy density and setting the time limit for one hour just to see if we could defend a point that long. I hope they have something similar in GRFS.

I am looking forward to CoD: Black Ops though. A friend got some play time in with it and said he was impressed and surprised. Bodes well for the full release.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited September 2010
    The AI in GRAW 2 is silly. I've been stuck at act 2 for like 2 days, and they keep changing the sniper placements, and NOT showing them on the tac map!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited September 2010
    Toxis wrote: »
    Absolutely no need IMO. Just give me more MW2 maps and I'm happy. No need for a new game already after a year...

Let me state that I was wrong. After watching those videos on YouTube, I'm excited for the new types of games. The wager matches look AMAZING and if only they would incorporate these in MW2... lol
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • Toxis
    edited October 2010
    Ooooo dedicated servers? If I see that's real, I'll preorder it fo sho!

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • nikjem123
    nikjem123 Posts: 3
    edited October 2010
    Well, I have played this game and additionally want to say you that Call of Duty 2 provides an amazing experience with all-new enhancements, ranging from stunningly and the more thing is that also provides that much fantastic features that I like the most.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited November 2010
    Pre-paid and pre-ordered my copy on Wednesday.
  • ryanjoachim
    ryanjoachim Posts: 2,046
    edited November 2010
    Toxis wrote: »
    Ooooo dedicated servers? If I see that's real, I'll preorder it fo sho!

If there are dedicated servers, this has a chance of redeeming the game's legacy with PC gamers. MW2 was a complete failure on the PC.
    MrNightly wrote: »
    "Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."
    mystik610 wrote: »
    Best Buy is for people who don't know any better. Magnolia is for people who don't know any better and have more money to spend.
    My System:

TV: SAMSUNG UN55B7000 55" 1080p LED HDTV
    HTPC: Chromecast w/ Plex Media Server. Media streamed from Media Server.
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited November 2010
    Snagged my copy at midnight. Gamed a few rounds on multiplayer just to see how the online experience was and some of the maps are really nice. Gonna start the campaign mode today so I'll give my thoughts later.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • bopicasso
    bopicasso Posts: 878
    edited November 2010
    I will pick up my copy today, cant wait!
    Living Room setup: Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH, Krell KAV 300i, PS Audio DL III DAC, Tyler Acoustics Taylo 7u, Dynaudio Audience 120C+, SVS 25/31PCI, B-P-T Clean Power Center, Ps3, Panny 50" S1 Plasma, Tekline speaker cables, Audio Art interconnects, and Pangea power cables.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited November 2010
    After work I get mine, then I have the next 3 days off work then the weekend...I'll get some play in there
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited November 2010
    The reviews look fairly promising so far . . .
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited November 2010
    can't wait. picking mine up right after work in which I will be leaving right away so I can sit down and play as much as possible tonight.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited November 2010
    Apparently mine is sitting on my front door step awaiting my arrival.
    Unfortunately i have to hang sheetrock tonight says my master!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited November 2010
    got a copy on rental. kids will be playing it. maybe it may cause me to reactivate my gold membership...

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • kuntasensei
    edited November 2010
    BIZILL wrote: »
    got a copy on rental. kids will be playing it. maybe it may cause me to reactivate my gold membership...

If you're just half-assed tempted to play it, let me know. I think I have a 48-hour code or two I can throw your way.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • FittyFieFo
    FittyFieFo Posts: 482
    edited November 2010
    For all you PS3 users out there, hit me up tonight! (FittyFieFo)
    Samsung LN52A850 (52" 1080P LCD TV) | RTi A9's (Fronts) | Csi A6(Center) | FXi A6 (Rear Surrounds) | SVS PB12-NSD (Sub) | Oppo BDP-103 | Panamax M5300-PM

Pre-Amp: Marantz AV7005 | Amp: Emotiva XPA-5 | Speaker wires: Signal Cables | Interconnects: Signal Cables
  • B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    edited November 2010
    Hit me up on Xbox live ( B Run 420 ), i've been on all day, this game is addicting! Definitely different than modern warfare but I like it a lot.
  • myke
    myke Posts: 138
    edited November 2010
    Well, they found a way to ruin a great formula. Now I know why people are leaving for EA's new company. Its more cartoony and less gritty which is what i really liked about it about modern warfare and I guess some of modern2. Can't see buying the next one. And I hate that your elite soldier can only throw a grenade a few yars but the developers will let every idiot run around with a launcher of some sort and ruin the game play, way to go activision!:confused:
    Bonus Room:
    Pioneer Elite VSX-32
    RTi A7's / CSi A6
    DSW PRO 600 sub

Emotiva XPA-5 & Interconnects
    Sony Surrounds (rears) - replacing soon

Samsung BD-C5500
    Panamax M5300, Xbox360, ...& more coming

Living Room:
    Samsung 58" PLasma
    Monoprice in-ceiling speakers
    old sony receiver (replacing soon)
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited November 2010
    Hey bill why dont you make a new account and xbox live gives you a month for free

I just got a month of live for $1 on the market place the other day you could check that out if you wana play under your old account
  • grimmace19
    grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
    edited November 2010
    I think the game is great so far. Very similar to the modern warfares but like that you don't have to wait as long for your unlocks. The money system should be a nice thing to even things out as you are going for prestige.
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited November 2010

gotta love the FREE ps3....:biggrin:
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited November 2010
    free ps3? i have yet to receive my ps3 jailbreak from china.

well guess what i found in my bag 'o tricks? a 12 month live card. that's what happens when you find a great deal and plan ahead. got 4 of them a couple of years ago when buy.com had them for $30 shipped. anyway, haven't played yet and not sure how much i'm gonna dig it or not. so i MAY just save the card for the kids' next year gold account.

we'll see.... fella's and fellettes, keep the reviews rollin'...

sorry, leroy. i see you are referring to online being free with the ps3. i'm a bit slow of late. working out in the garage and livin' on 4 hours sleep average. my mind's not right.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Toxis
    edited November 2010
    Picked it up at midnight and played for about 5 hours till damn near sun up. Love all the online player types. Unlocked a couple things I wanted and hit lvl 19. Going for a prestige by end of day tomorrow just because. Lol.

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2010
    myke wrote: »
    Well, they found a way to ruin a great formula. Now I know why people are leaving for EA's new company. Its more cartoony and less gritty which is what i really liked about it about modern warfare and I guess some of modern2. Can't see buying the next one. And I hate that your elite soldier can only throw a grenade a few yars but the developers will let every idiot run around with a launcher of some sort and ruin the game play, way to go activision!:confused:

Yep...skipping this one.
  • mole'
    mole' Posts: 3,160
    edited November 2010
    how is the game on PS3?
    mole'