Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited May 2010
    AHHH YEah! can't wait!
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited May 2010
    Treyarch's CoD games are always half-assed, so I don't expect much from Black Ops. With the core team at Infinity Ward bailing to join Respawn Entertainment over at EA, I have a feeling Modern Warfare 2's gonna be the last good CoD game in the series.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited May 2010
    Treyarch's CoD games are always half-assed, so I don't expect much from Black Ops. With the core team at Infinity Ward bailing to join Respawn Entertainment over at EA, I have a feeling Modern Warfare 2's gonna be the last good CoD game in the series.

I completely agree with you here, but since it is CoD I will probably end up picking it up. The only thing that I really liked about World @ War was the Zombie Mode, the gameplay just didn't do it for me.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited May 2010
    Absolutely no need IMO. Just give me more MW2 maps and I'm happy. No need for a new game already after a year...
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, I agree with you guys. They are really burning themselves out with these COD games coming out every year. For me, part of what made games like zelda and metroid so great was the eagerness to play them (plus the developers spent much more time on the games since they weren't on a short schedule).

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy MW2, but there is a lot of problems with the game that could have been fixed if it wasn't for them rushing every game.

P.S. Does the trailer look like its set in Vietnam?
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • kuntasensei
    edited May 2010
    Toxis wrote: »
    Absolutely no need IMO. Just give me more MW2 maps and I'm happy. No need for a new game already after a year...

I'm pretty sure that if they even finish the next map pack, that's the end of MW2. Most of the department leads at Infinity Ward have now jumped ship to Respawn Entertainment because of how Activision tried to screw them all out of their bonuses.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • kuntasensei
    edited May 2010
    tommyboy wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree with you guys. They are really burning themselves out with these COD games coming out every year. For me, part of what made games like zelda and metroid so great was the eagerness to play them (plus the developers spent much more time on the games since they weren't on a short schedule).

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy MW2, but there is a lot of problems with the game that could have been fixed if it wasn't for them rushing every game.

P.S. Does the trailer look like its set in Vietnam?

Them beating the death out of the CoD series was part of the issues between Activision and Infinity Ward management. Before, it was just IW and Treyarch doing them... Now Activision has another studio employed to do an "action-adventure" title in the series. They're basically trying to ride that money train until they run out of rails.

And Black Ops supposedly changes locales from Vietnam to Cuba to other parts unknown. For me, I just don't find the concept that compelling. If they are doing an honest-to-god game about black ops, to me that just doesn't fit into the CoD series... though I imagine it'll be about the same as World At War and not really anything intriguing.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited May 2010
    interesting news:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6260595.html

I played BV on PC back then.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited May 2010
    I just want another good/decent shoot um up game!
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited May 2010
    I haven't really liked any of the Treyarch Call of Duty games that much, but I'm still interested in seeing how this one turns out and won't get negative about it until I can get my hands on it. :)
  • ryanjoachim
    ryanjoachim Posts: 2,046
    edited May 2010
    Treyarch's CoD games are always half-assed, so I don't expect much from Black Ops. With the core team at Infinity Ward bailing to join Respawn Entertainment over at EA, I have a feeling Modern Warfare 1's gonna be the last good CoD game in the series.

Fixed it for ya.
    MrNightly wrote: »
    "Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."
    mystik610 wrote: »
    Best Buy is for people who don't know any better. Magnolia is for people who don't know any better and have more money to spend.
    My System:

TV: SAMSUNG UN55B7000 55" 1080p LED HDTV
    HTPC: Chromecast w/ Plex Media Server. Media streamed from Media Server.
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited May 2010
    Sherardp wrote: »
    I completely agree with you here, but since it is CoD I will probably end up picking it up. The only thing that I really liked about World @ War was the Zombie Mode, the gameplay just didn't do it for me.

agreed. Zombies is what my friend and I still play. I really didn't mine the game play and played that more than the MW2. MW2 just really annoyed me with the spawing, granted there was a lot of spaw kills on WAW but the whole spaw you in the area that the person that just killed you is in got annoying to me, that and just it seemed like there was more glitching on this one for some reason.
  • kuntasensei
    edited May 2010
    Fixed it for ya.

Yeah, I hear ya'... but I had enough fun in Spec Ops to call MW2 a worthy game. I've stayed away from the multiplayer, but mostly because I've been playing a ton of co-op games lately.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • ryanjoachim
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, I hear ya'... but I had enough fun in Spec Ops to call MW2 a worthy game. I've stayed away from the multiplayer, but mostly because I've been playing a ton of co-op games lately.

Well, i'm only referring to PC play, as console players won't notice anything different about it.

For PC gamers it's pretty much fail all over the place.
    "Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."
    Best Buy is for people who don't know any better. Magnolia is for people who don't know any better and have more money to spend.
    My System:

• kuntasensei
    edited May 2010
    Well, i'm only referring to PC play, as console players won't notice anything different about it.

For PC gamers it's pretty much fail all over the place.

Well, for the 1,000 of you left... my sympathies. :D
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • ryanjoachim
    edited May 2010
    Well, for the 1,000 of you left... my sympathies. :D

haha, thanks. Based on queue times and the sheer terribleness of people playing, I think you might be closer to the right number than you think.
    My System:

• Busta
    Busta Posts: 12
    edited June 2010
    If it has dedicated servers and a better cheat protection im all over it.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited June 2010
    am i the only one who loved cod 3?

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Sherardp
    edited June 2010
    BIZILL wrote: »
    am i the only one who loved cod 3?

I think so, the online play was terrible. I still play COD2 though.

• rmknotts123
    rmknotts123 Posts: 144
    edited June 2010
    I think they need to put more time into the COD games. They have them coming out to often. Madden, NBA, College hoops...you name the game, it sucks. I understand in sports they have different players, but for other games...
  • kuntasensei
    edited June 2010
    I think they need to put more time into the COD games. They have them coming out to often. Madden, NBA, College hoops...you name the game, it sucks. I understand in sports they have different players, but for other games...

I honestly think that's why the guys at Infinity Ward decided to bail. Activision was not only pushing for Treyarch's latest, but they also signed up Sledgehammer Games to do a new CoD title. They're going to saturate the market with CoD games until it diminishes the brand, and I think it kinda' ruined the party for IW since it was their baby. That's probably why their new studio gives them complete creative control and full rights to their new intellectual properties - so no one can pull this crap on them again.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • cstmar01
    edited June 2010
    I honestly think that's why the guys at Infinity Ward decided to bail. Activision was not only pushing for Treyarch's latest, but they also signed up Sledgehammer Games to do a new CoD title. They're going to saturate the market with CoD games until it diminishes the brand, and I think it kinda' ruined the party for IW since it was their baby. That's probably why their new studio gives them complete creative control and full rights to their new intellectual properties - so no one can pull this crap on them again.

agreed. I think they are making too many of these too quick. Its like a new one every year and yeah things change but there are problems that are going to be inherent in the games that then seem to take forever to be fixed. For me I would like it best if they developed a game, worked hard on it for awhile and then release it and be on top of the release and problems after for at least a little while before a group would have to jump back into making a new game. It seems like they lose focus over the new project and forget there are people that were still playing the one they just released.

WOW I still think was a bit more fun than MW2, maybe its just that I played it constantly enough to know stuff right away. However if there isn't glitching or cheating going on in MW2 then I acutally do enjoy the game and makes for a fun time.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited June 2010
    Couple things...(there seems to be some confusion in this thread)

Infinity Ward didn't make World at War (November, 2008)....Treyarch did. Infinity Ward didn't make a game before Modern Warfare 2 (November, 2009) besides the original Modern Warfare (November, 2007) and 2 other CoD games (2003 & 2005). Treyarch came out with Call of Duty 3 in November of 2006. They're due for a new game this November (Call of Duty: Black Ops).

The idea that they are releasing games to quickly doesn't make any sense (to me). Between the two studios, they have been releasing games every two years. Infinity Ward and Treyarch are still two separate game studios.

I have not been a fan of Treyarch's releases, though, and I am very interested in seeing what Respawn Entertainment (former Infinity Ward core) comes up with.

Its fun to think that the reason people left their jobs at Infinity Ward (Activision) was because of a lack of creative control and pressure to make games faster, but the reality is that aside from some firings, they left because of money they were screwed out of. Collectively, their skills are in high demand, so they don't lose anything by leaving except the ability to work on Call of Duty games (depending on the outcome of a lawsuit).

I hope Activision didn't end up **** all the fans of the Call of Duty series with sub par content from here on out, but good things could come of it depending on what Respawn Entertainment comes up with. The fact of the matter is we could end up getting 2 great series of games from this split.
  • scoobygt68
    scoobygt68 Posts: 19
    edited June 2010
    So what exactly is the era of Black Ops, online I read it was cold war era, but all the stills Ive seen of the game dont look like cold war era, but more modern-esk.
    Fronts: Paradigm Signature S8 v3
    Center: Paradigm Signature C5 v3
    Rears: Paradigm Studio 100 v2
    Surrounds: Paradigm Studio 100 v2
    Sub: Def Tech Trinity
    Display: Epson 8500 UB on 120" screen
    Processor: Yamaha rx-v3800
    Amp: Emotiva XPA-5
    Xbox 360
    PS3
  • cstmar01
    edited August 2010
    after watching the newest trailer this looks interesting. I'm enjoying the cross bow action and the whole game play that I saw so far....
  • Sherardp
    edited August 2010
    I'm just hoping they get the multiplayer right. It was so screwed up on the last one, I just stopped playing it unless I was playing Zombie Mode.

• BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited August 2010
    my kid has been playing under my alias for the past couple of weeks. my live expired yesterday. i have a new gold membership card waiting to be activated, but i may just save it for when the boys' xbox live expires.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • cstmar01
    edited August 2010
    I'm just pumped for this game honestly. I like WAW better than MW2, but we'll see. I guess it will come down to game play and everything but I'm really pumped up for it.
  • ryanjoachim
    edited August 2010
    I really don't get how anyone can like WaW...at all (not counting zombies, of course).

The gameplay was terrible, the multiplayer was terrible, the story...I'm not even going to go there.

And no, I'm not calling anyone "stupid" or anything for liking it. I just don't get it.

And CoD4 is still better than MW2 in all aspects.
    My System: