Capitol Area Audiofest

Options
F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,787
There is a new audio show in the MD, DC & N. VA area this June 11-13.

Polk Audio will be present and showing old and new within the Pinneburg Room, 2nd Floor.

Info: http://www.capitalaudiofest.com/
Welcome to the 2010 Capital Audiofest!

The date for this unique event is set for June 11-13, 2010 at the historic Glenview Mansion located on the grounds of the Rockville Civic Center, 5 minutes from downtown Rockville, MD, 10 miles north of Washington DC and 45 minutes from Baltimore, MD. The Glenview Mansion is a charming historic structure constructed in the 19th century and is surrounded by lovely parkland and well groomed grounds. The structure is well constructed with stone, brick, plaster, and old growth hardwoods and has high ceilings and wooden floors throughout. These qualities are near perfect for the reproduction of music and is already a favorite venue for local musical performances. We believe it to be an ideal setting to hold the first ever hi-fi audio show in the Washington DC Capital area. For more information on the room configurations, please view the on-line floor plan.

We plan to make this a casual fun-filled event for audiophiles, music lovers, collectors, hobbyists, DIYers, dealers and manufacturers and will have table space, booths and rooms available for use. Families will also enjoy the beautiful setting and great food. The event is expected to attract those interested in high quality vacuum tube and transistor audio equipment, analog and digital playback sources, buying and selling of LP records and CDs, and manufacturers of audio accessories. The event will be catered by quality food and beverage vendors and plan to have live musical performances on one or two evenings as well as an indoor audio swap meet on Sunday AM. We hope to provide something of interest to all music lovers and look forward to seeing you at this exciting event!

For any questions please contact capitalaudiofest@gmail.com or Gary Gill at 703-839-5684.
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Post edited by F1nut on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Cool...marking calendar...

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Nice find Jess. That's only an hour and forty-five minutes from here. Looks like a good time.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Looks interesting.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Knucklehead
    Knucklehead Posts: 3,602
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Thats about 3 hours from me, maybe a few days in DC sightseeing then the show?
    Polk Audio Surround Bar 360
    Mirage PS-12
    LG BDP-550
    Motorola HD FIOS DVR
    Panasonic 42" Plasma
    XBOX 360[/SIZE]

Office stuff

Allied 395 receiver
    Pioneer CDP PD-M430
    RT8t's & Wharfedale Diamond II's[/SIZE]

Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music. ~Ronald Reagan
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I will save the date.

Cool find Jesse.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Depending on the exhibitors, I may take a ride.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I know Gary from DejaVu Audio and he bought a big pair of Magnepan from me a good while ago. He's a super nice guy and a real vintage audio veteran. The event looks to be top notch and you may just find your own dorokusai hosting a room...but that's just a rumor ;)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Norm Apter
    Norm Apter Posts: 1,036
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yes, nice find indeed. I usually visit my family in VA in mid June so this might actually work out for this west coast Polkie.
    2 Ch.
    Parasound Halo A23 Amp
    Parasound Halo P3 Preamp
    Parasound Halo T3 Tuner
    Bada HD22SE tube CD Player
    Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 antenna
    polkaudio Lsi9s (upgraded cross-overs)
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Bi-wire Interface Speaker Cables
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Interconnects (3)
    IegO L70530 Power cords (3)

HT
    Denon 2808ci AVR
    polkaudio RTi A5s (fronts)
    polkaudio RTi A1s (rears)
    polkaudio Csi A6 (center)
    Signal Cable Ultra Speaker Cables
    Signal Cable Analog II Interconnects
  • bigaudiofanatic
    bigaudiofanatic Posts: 4,415
    edited January 2010
    Options
    tempting.
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X :cool:
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Only a 4 hour drive. Might have to make the trip.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I wonder if they'd let me bring my SDA's and Adcom equipment :p
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • nadams
    edited January 2010
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I know Gary from DejaVu Audio and he bought a big pair of Magnepan from me a good while ago. He's a super nice guy and a real vintage audio veteran. The event looks to be top notch and you may just find your own dorokusai hosting a room...but that's just a rumor ;)

Sounds like it'd be a great event for Polk to send some LSi and high-power gear to. Maybe round up the LSi setup from my gathering?

100_4745.sized.jpg
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2010
    Options
    you may just find your own dorokusai hosting a room...

I'll make sure I stay away from that one; will probably look something like this:

17643d1234496290-3d-s-m-competition-13-torture-room-torture-chamber-733895.jpg

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2010
    Options
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2010
    Options
    nadams wrote: »
    Sounds like it'd be a great event for Polk to send some LSi and high-power gear to. Maybe round up the LSi setup from my gathering?

100_4745.sized.jpg

Are you going to bring the spaghetti too?:D
  • nadams
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Sophisticated, it was not :p But then, I'm guessing the crew isn't going to look like this :

100_4746.sized.jpg

Notice doro squatting down in the corner. I still haven't gotten the stains out of the carpet...
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Polk Audio and ole dorokusai WILL be at this engagement. It was confirmed today by Polk. Bring extra underwear ****.

http://www.capitalaudiofest.com/

Grant Vandermye from www.myesound.com and Frank Dai from www.signalcable.com will be providing goodies and support for the gear. I love it when people love Polkies.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I can do either Saturday or Sunday.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Awesome!!! Is Grant coming down from Canada?
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Awesome!!! Is Grant coming down from Canada?

No, he's just sending some stuff. I'm promoting him in the room since I have 3 pairs of his stands, two of which are custom Polk stands.
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2010
    Options
    No, he's just sending some stuff. I'm promoting him in the room since I have 3 pairs of his stands, two of which are custom Polk stands.

That is really cool of him!
  • superjunior
    superjunior Posts: 1,632
    edited February 2010
    Options
    nadams wrote: »
    Sophisticated, it was not :p But then, I'm guessing the crew isn't going to look like this :

100_4746.sized.jpg

Notice doro squatting down in the corner. I still haven't gotten the stains out of the carpet...

I see lightman tasting his fingers :D
    panasonic th-50pz85u
    pioneer elite vsx-92txh
    pioneer elite bdp-05fd
    emotiva xpa-3
    monster power hdp 2550
    sa 8300 hd dvr
    sda 2b's
    fronts - rti a9's
    center - csi a6
    surrounds - fxi a6's
    sub - polk dsw pro 600
    harmony one
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited February 2010
    Options
    That was just after I goosed Mark. They still smell like him to this day.
  • superjunior
    superjunior Posts: 1,632
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    That was just after I goosed Mark. They still smell like him to this day.

LOL!! :p just found your number bro, walking out the door right now though, I'll give you a buzz before the weekend is up
    panasonic th-50pz85u
    pioneer elite vsx-92txh
    pioneer elite bdp-05fd
    emotiva xpa-3
    monster power hdp 2550
    sa 8300 hd dvr
    sda 2b's
    fronts - rti a9's
    center - csi a6
    surrounds - fxi a6's
    sub - polk dsw pro 600
    harmony one
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Damn, this looks cool but my Show off my new body Pool party is on the 12th!

Are you going to make "pork rinds" out of the loose skin?:D If so I have a great recipe.;):p
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nope, I'm gonna stretch it out and run up and wrap it around unsuspecting people's heads!

OR you could wrap it around your own head like a turban and no-one will be the wiser.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nope, I'm gonna stretch it out and run up and wrap it around unsuspecting people's heads!

I did that at my Bris...
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2010
    Options
    amulford wrote: »
    I did that at my Bris...

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: LMAO!!!
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,764
    edited February 2010
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    There is a new audio show in the MD, DC & N. VA area this June 11-13.

Info: http://www.capitalaudiofest.com/

I'll attend, but only if they agree to have real live, face-to-face cable debates between believers and naysayers.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'll attend, but only if they agree to have real live, face-to-face cable debates between believers and naysayers.

I'll bring my Greg Luzinki baseball bat!:eek::D