Should I have an airhole........

Options

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited April 2009
    Options
    T_Unit was hilarious. I miss the guy. His famous quote: "...but I AM dumb."
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I miss you T_unit
  • dubradio
    dubradio Posts: 181
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I would like to thank you dudeinaroom for bringing this post back to life, with out your bump i would have never read the humor that is a T_unit post.

I love Club Polk :)
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,311
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This thread is now nominated for the best humor in a title award. I'm freakin' dyin' over here!
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • D.Invax
    D.Invax Posts: 7
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I thought the i386 folder is only present on the windows CD? Well you do not need it, unless you want to install a windows component - now you will have to insert the windows CD instead.
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited December 2009
    Options
    D.Invax wrote: »
    I thought the i386 folder is only present on the windows CD? Well you do not need it, unless you want to install a windows component - now you will have to insert the windows CD instead.

Go away. You're killing my humor buzz.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • schnottus
    schnottus Posts: 15
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This thread is amazing, glad it was brought to the top where I could discover it.
  • danny1436
    danny1436 Posts: 11
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I am absolutely enjoying this thread.
  • sk1939
    sk1939 Posts: 295
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Interestingly, he is not the first to come up with a cardboard subwoofer...
    Cardboard PC sub
    What happens when you have too much time, money, and subs.
    What happens when you use A REAL SUB in cardboard
    Proper sub enclosure (although I don't know why he chose his Carver amp and Nad pre to power it rather than his car amp...)
    This was an interesting read though.....completely hilarious at his expense.......there's a reason sub boxes are built out of wood and not paper....
    Home:
    Onkyo TX-6500MKII/Polk LSI 9's (A)Polk TSi 100(B)/Polk PSW 10/Onkyo C-S5VL/Technics SL-QD33
    Home 2 (Playback):
    Dynaudio BM5A MKII/Dynaudio SUB 250MC/Audigy 2 ZS
    College:
    JBL LSR 2325P/JBL 2310SP/MOTU UltraLite MKIII
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited June 2010
    Options
    TTT for the newbs.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Classic!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Is that when it WAS fun here F1? now it's just a useless effort of psyche and effort? Just curious since I noticed your tag today.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • dane_peterson
    dane_peterson Posts: 1,903
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Oh. My. God. Even my WIFE laughed at this... I have tears running down my face!
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I haven't been on the forum in years and this is one of the first resurrection emails I got. Hilarious. It's a shame we never got a pic of the actual box he had.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,311
    edited June 2010
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Is that when it WAS fun here F1?
    Allow me to answer for him. Yes. If you fail to see that? No amount of drugs will help you.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Wrong thread.....

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Airhole.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • BeefJerky
    BeefJerky Posts: 1,319
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Ahh, I was wondering when this fantastic thread would be resurrected again...
  • Zaigrith
    Zaigrith Posts: 42
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Can you please take some pics of this? This sounds amazing.
    Edit: Seeing as OP hasn't been around in a while, who else has a cardboard box sub enclosure. There has to be someone out there right? Right?
    HT:
    TV: Samsung UN55C8000 | Player: OPPO BDP-95 | Games: Xbox360 / PS3 | Party Music: Squeezebox Duet
    Mains: LSi15 | Center: LSiC | Surrounds: LSiFX | Sub: SVS 20-39pci
    Pre-Amp: Outlaw 990 | Power-Amp: Outlaw 7700
    Cabinet: Salamander Synergy Twin 30 | Speaker Wire: Lowes 12AG w/ monoprice banana plugs
  • Teseract
    Teseract Posts: 44
    edited July 2011
    Options
    When I was a young, extremely broke punk I found some old woofers and tweeters in my Dad's pile of junk in the basement. I think the woofers were rated for 4W and the tweeters who knows.

I did the same thing as this, making boxes out of cardboard boxes as I had no money and no way to get to town to buy anything if I had money.

They sounded like hell but they were better than nothing.

Mine were sealed with packing tape... venting isn't much needed when you're running 4W max and running it purely off the .5W coming out of your PC's sound card line out. ;)

And no, I couldn't get a job... I was around 14 years old and the nearest store (a grocery store) was 8 miles away and anything resembling a proper strip mall was 10 miles away.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited July 2011
    Options
    well,, at least you tried. Good on you.:smile:
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    edited July 2011
    Options
    strider wrote: »
    Airhole.

Heh,heh,heh...he said airhole.:biggrin:
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • Teseract
    Teseract Posts: 44
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I will say this, being dirt poor but surrounded by old technical junk taught me to be resourceful at least. ;)
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Teseract wrote: »
    I will say this, being dirt poor but surrounded by old technical junk taught me to be resourceful at least. ;)

yep, you tend to get creative-- me,,I'm a scrounger,,amazing what you can come up with.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • porter1173
    porter1173 Posts: 14
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This has to be the funniest thread I have read in a long, long time. Not too sure how I missed it the first time around. Good stuff............
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited August 2011
    Options
    First time ?? Shoot, this one's been around the block more times than a 50 year old hooker!:biggrin:
  • SDA1C
    SDA1C Posts: 2,069
    edited August 2011
    Options
    one Second hand sub --- free
    one Old cardboard box --- free
    one Completely clueless dip$hit that tries to stick it all together --- Priceless
    Too much **** to list....
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited March 2013
    Options
    ***cough***
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,894
    edited March 2013
    Options
    LOL!!!!!

The cable that looks like a snake made you do it..