What are YOU drinking tonight? v.II

Options

Comments

• Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well I'm currently traveling with and in the country of Guam. Beautiful ocean front view, and enjoying Margaritas. Now this is work fellas. Real nice out here.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • nikolas812
    nikolas812 Posts: 2,915
    edited May 2009
    Options
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited May 2009
    Options
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    Ice Tea :)

That sounds like a very good idea right now.:)
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Michelob DunkelWeisse tonight.

It's a dark wheat ale.

If you like beer that tastes like bananas(?:confused:) this is right up your alley.

I, on the other hand, do not like beer that tastes like bananas. I won't be getting this again.

1fastz28 wrote: »
    Sierra Nevada pale ale

That's been one of my favorites recently.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • Oblique
    Oblique Posts: 67
    edited May 2009
    Options
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited May 2009
    Options
    "House wine" it's great wine for how cheap it is.
    Blend:
    Cabernet Sauvignon 54%, Merlot 30%, Syrah 11%, Malbec 3%, Franc 2%

btl-house_wine_red.jpg
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • Legion5
    Legion5 Posts: 14
    edited May 2009
    Options
    jagermeister straight
  • Legion5
    Legion5 Posts: 14
    edited May 2009
    Options
    oh and rolling rock
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Honey Moon summer ale, great stuff!
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'll probably make a cocktail of distilled urine and a lemon peel.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Margarita's on the deck with my favorite female company. And a Carona or two and some Captain and Coke. It's nighty night time!

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    edited June 2009
    Options
    +1 on the Richard Hennessey. Louis xiii is WAY overrated!!! Tonight it's original sin hard cider.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Last night had a few 24 oz. "Steel Reserve" 211 High gravity 8.5% lagers. Quite tasty and a few is all it takes. Three 24 ouncers @ 8.5% alcohol does the trick after a long hot day on the car lot.:cool:
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited June 2009
    Options
    1 Steel Reserve + 6 pack = BUZZED.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'm sticking to my New Year's resolution(to start drinking again). Just not over doing it. I might drink a few Steels twice a week. And they are drinkable without having a Camel Light Wide in my hand.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Smithwick's Ale

Was looking for something new, picked up a six to give 'em a try

Nice beer
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,928
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Mike682 wrote: »
    Smithwick's Ale ...
    Smithwick's Ale is pretty decent stuff. The first beer I ever tasted, many moons ago!
    Alea jacta est!
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I can't remember what it was, but we bought some Pear Cider in London last week that was pretty interesting. Not that strong at 4.5%.

Tasted like something between beer and a sweet dry cider.

Anyone know what that might have been...Euro for sure.

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Just bought a bottle of Aberlour A'bunadh (batch 26) Scotch Whisky - bottled out of the barrel @ 60.6% -- will report a bit later... ;)
  • BigMac
    BigMac Posts: 849
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Tonight is a special night for me. I am celebrating the life of my grandmother and my best friend (both passed away recently). I broke out a bottle of wine I received as a wedding present back in 1995. A bottle of Petrus 1971 to go along with 2 steaks,a sweet potato,fresh green beans,and for desert.............blueberry pie. I have kept on drinking and now I am on to a local wine, Naked Mountain. Very good and very popular here in Richmond.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,185
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Y'all are drinking some good stuff.

I'm sitting in a hotel in Lex, KY having a couple Svedka and whatever I have to mix it with. (Last minute graps before I hit the road for a 10 day trip with the wife and two kids)
    That means a couple of Bloody Marys, a couple Vodka Tonics. Something to take the edge off a 1000+mile road trip (each way)

First time going this far with both kids (11 months and 2 1/2 yrs). Covered about 500 miles today and at least half of it was filled with crying. My wife had a minor breakdown before we even left the house. Good thing I know how to deal with stress ;) C2H5OH!
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    edited June 2009
    Options
    BigMac wrote: »
    Tonight is a special night for me. I am celebrating the life of my grandmother and my best friend (both passed away recently). I broke out a bottle of wine I received as a wedding present back in 1995. A bottle of Petrus 1971 to go along with 2 steaks,a sweet potato,fresh green beans,and for desert.............blueberry pie. I have kept on drinking and now I am on to a local wine, Naked Mountain. Very good and very popular here in Richmond.

mmmmm.... Petrus!!
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'm Drinking a Dogfish Head World Wide Stout bottled 11/2008. Delicious!
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,928
    edited June 2009
    Options
    BigMac wrote: »
    Jesus H. Christ, dude! You followed a Ch
    Alea jacta est!
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Tonight, just some rum (Bacardi) & Coke
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Did a Scotch tasting last night with some good friends; we went through about 10 different varieties (Bowmore, Caol Ila, Cragganmore, Glenkinchie. Glenmorangie, Highland Park, Laphroaig, Littlemill, Macallan (10 and 12 years), a Murray McDavid with a Zinfandel finish, and ended with the Aberlour A'bunadh I mentioned in a previous post. All went very well, we prefer the Highlands/Speysides to the Islays (which are very peaty with a high phenol count) and had a great time. I picked up a bottle of Talisker, the only distillery on the Isle of Skye, and it was very similar to the Islays, but not as severe. I like good Scotch!

Tonight: Coors Light with the neighbors -- yuck.
  • CaligulaPolk
    CaligulaPolk Posts: 1,650
    edited June 2009
    Options
    my "other" mom made good tea :D

so im drinking it tonight :D
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Absolut Vodka in various forms....ice w/olive, straight out of the freezer, etc. :cool:
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited July 2009
    Options
    water, then retiring to the sack.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Going to give this a try tonight:
    Grande Absente Absinthe
    GrandeAbsente.jpg

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's