Special Event - Polk HQ - April 9,2009

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited April 2009
    I hear this is just a ploy from Doro to get newbs to model asslees chaps. I hope everyone who attends leaves an anal virgin except Lightman.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,707
    edited April 2009
    ESAVINON wrote: »
    I won't be able to attend. Last minute problem.

I'm sorry you can't make it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited April 2009
    Russ - What made you think you were allowed to visit anyways....hello? restraining order....
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited April 2009
    Does anyone have a keg tub?
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited April 2009
    I have a red one.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited April 2009
    I have a red one.

I'll be down laughing my **** off for awhile.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited April 2009
    In case someone missed the update in the first post:

*UPDATE*

Hi Mark,

The sked we are thinking of for April 9 is:

5:30pm – 6:00pm Arrive, Meet and Greet
    6:00pm – 6:30pm Dinner – might include discussion of 1 product
    6:30pm – 8:45pm Demos and focus groups
    8:45pm – 9:00pm Wrap-Up

Demos:
    2 products on their way to market (home theater, outdoor)
    2 products still in development (home theater, home audio/theater)

Focus groups:
    4 products in the concept phase (home audio, home theater, home audio/theater, new product category)

Do you think the timing would work for everyone?

Thanks,
    Monica
    [/I]
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited April 2009
    F1nut wrote: »
    I'm sorry you can't make it.

I'm still trying to make this trip. I really want to go but my truck needs work and the better half is really pissed off about that iowa trip. She says she's not going to let me bring any more speakers home. She wont let me use her mini van either. I may even be locked out of the house if i leave.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited April 2009
    I'm still trying to make this trip. I really want to go but my truck needs work and the better half is really pissed off about that iowa trip. She says she's not going to let me bring any more speakers home. She wont let me use her mini van either. I may even be locked out of the house if i leave.
    Start leaving your speakers here, it's become the new trend around here. :D
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited April 2009
    I'm still going to iowa. I may have my truck fixed by friday.
    The SRT rules over all.
    I just hope i don't find my other SRT in the curb when i come back.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited April 2009
    GV#27 wrote: »
    Cool I'm in.
    Oops sorry forgot the :D

It would be interesting but too far to drive.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited April 2009
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Russ - What made you think you were allowed to visit anyways....hello? restraining order....

Damn! I thought that ran out last month. When can I come within 500' of your house again?
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,330
    edited April 2009
    It is killing me but I'm not going to be able to make it after all.
    Stan
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2009
    The usual Club Polk attrition rate has already been factored in....sorry you can't attend.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • CaligulaPolk
    CaligulaPolk Posts: 1,650
    edited April 2009
    doro any1 can take over my place.

my babysitter cant make it tonight to watch my kids. im pissed off at her and ill deal with her next time!! :(

was looking forward meeting ya all tonight :(:(:(
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited April 2009
    dorokusai wrote: »
    The usual Club Polk attrition rate has already been factored in....sorry you can't attend.

I will be there:D If I am late for dinner just save me a cookie.

Jim
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited April 2009
    I started tailgating in the Polk HQ parking lot at 9am when I lit the smoker and had my first mimosa.

Figure on ribs starting to come off the grill around 5 or so; a bit rushed but whatever.

Does anyone have some food grade lubricant they could bring?
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2009
    I always carry lubricant. Save me some ribs.
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited April 2009
    Ben,

I will take a cheese burger medium rare and a dog.:rolleyes:

Thanks.

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited April 2009

Ed, you really enjoy life on the edge huh?
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited April 2009
    doro any1 can take over my place.

my babysitter cant make it tonight to watch my kids. im pissed off at her and ill deal with her next time!! :(

was looking forward meeting ya all tonight :(:(:(

Don't even try it. You signed up for you, +1.
    Make the +1 stay behind and get your a$$ down there-I think Doro has plans for you (something about pants with holes in them????). ;)

I'm leaving now, I hope I make it in time. :o

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited April 2009
    Have fun guys, just too far for a quickie up north for me.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• jacob.simpson
    jacob.simpson Posts: 481
    edited April 2009
    What Happened, and eager to hear about those new products, and How did you guys enjoy the evening. Please update. (Excuse if any Ladies out there, are also included)
  • CaligulaPolk
    CaligulaPolk Posts: 1,650
    edited April 2009
    mmadden28 wrote: »
    Don't even try it. You signed up for you, +1.
    Make the +1 stay behind and get your a$$ down there-I think Doro has plans for you (something about pants with holes in them????). ;)

I'm leaving now, I hope I make it in time. :o

lol, +1 will interpret for me thats why she would have to go with me :(

babysitter's spring break this week and she had to go out of town! :(
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited April 2009
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2009
    What Happened, and eager to hear about those new products, and How did you guys enjoy the evening. Please update. (Excuse if any Ladies out there, are also included)

Sorry man....the only thing that can be talked about is what's currently on the market, like the IHT. The rest is officially locked up in legal documents :cool:

It was an excellent turnout and thanks to all those who put in the windshield time to attend. What was even better was seeing some folks that are new, old or haven't posted in awhile.

Treitz, and that horrid Polo tribute to Carverfest that put me in a blind rage, immediately Muay Thai clenched and began to wrestle in a kiddie pool filled with jello. Al Ballard just happened to have that setup ahead of time. He quickly got the upper hand after freaking me out with a bunch of Stone Cold Steve Austin phrases that had me bewildered yet mesmerized at the same time. I could go on but it essentially ends up with us exchanging digits.
  • jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited April 2009
    Thanks again Mark for everything. Polk Audio again gets a big thank you for the hospitiality. Good food and beverages. Great to see everyone and the new folks I met. Damn the night went by fast.

Jim

PS Thanks for the new speakers;)
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2009
    I live to serve Polkies.

Also, I forgot to mention but we'll have some additional products available for demo soon, they left with the participants, but 2 new wireless subwoofers and a pair of OWM5. Check out the product pages for the OWM stuff. And even better, we're ironing out the shipping issues as well with Polk Joe....so those of you who have stuff now....we'll get it moving again. I apologize for dragging my feet on that issue.

We should have in rotation, RTiA5, OWM5, 2 IHT systems, TSi500(Jason email me plz), VM30, VM20, and 2-3 subwoofers.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,707
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, thanks for the new speakers.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited April 2009
    Just got back home a little bit ago. Had to bail off 695 onto 83N. It was completely shutdown and quite a bit fire and police activity. It didn't put me too far out of the way, just had to detour through Lancaster and pay homage to the Bose store on the way home. :rolleyes: I only dozed off twice, but I woke within minutes-all is well ;).

Thanks to Doro and the PolkAudio staff for hosting the event and demos and the opportunity to contribute. It was great finally getting to meet some fellow Polkies-and put faces to a few names. :cool::cool: And yes, the night did fly by fast.

The demos were great, but the entertainment was awesome-I'd never seen real live jello wrestling before--I gotta tell ya though-I'd swear they were both pros-they both knew how to handle themselves (and each other) in the jello as if they had done this many many times before. Unfortunately, when I was laying my bets down I must have gotten too close to the action as some jello splashed onto my pants--My wife is not going to be happy :eek::eek: Just how am I going to explain that to her? I saw some flashes going off--whoever took those pics, please PM them to me ;).

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's