Special Event - Polk HQ - April 9,2009

Comments

• CaligulaPolk
    CaligulaPolk Posts: 1,650
    edited March 2009
    F1nut wrote: »
    Ok, I was going to treat everyone except CaligulaPolk to dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, but it looks like I don't have to now.

Im offended!! :(:( cheapskate!! lol :p

however, i look forward meeting you guys who attend
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • Norm Apter
    Norm Apter Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2009
    Just noticed this thread. This is one of those times that I really regret having moved to the West coast. If I was still living in VA, I'd be all over this. Sounds like it will be a blast for all those attending....fun times and undoubtedly great sounds.

Hopefully one of these times a trip back to see my family will coincide with such an event or, even better yet, PF.

Or maybe I should take the reverse approach: plan my next trip to VA around one of these events! :)
    2 Ch.
    Parasound Halo A23 Amp
    Parasound Halo P3 Preamp
    Parasound Halo T3 Tuner
    Bada HD22SE tube CD Player
    Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 antenna
    polkaudio Lsi9s (upgraded cross-overs)
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Bi-wire Interface Speaker Cables
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Interconnects (3)
    IegO L70530 Power cords (3)

HT
    Denon 2808ci AVR
    polkaudio RTi A5s (fronts)
    polkaudio RTi A1s (rears)
    polkaudio Csi A6 (center)
    Signal Cable Ultra Speaker Cables
    Signal Cable Analog II Interconnects
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited March 2009
    What's the Tally?
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited March 2009
    FWIW, I'm out. I'd love to attend but logistics and time won't allow me.

Have Fun and hopefully some pics (w/o the top secrets) will be taken and posted.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited March 2009
    I'm still in.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • chargerman426
    chargerman426 Posts: 419
    edited March 2009
    I'm in.
    If life had more tubes it would be a lot smoother.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited March 2009
    I'm in...oh wait, nevermind.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited March 2009
    I count 15 +/-.

But I had to take off one of my socks. YMMV
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2009
    The folks I have so far, and post if you're not coming.....

dorokusai
    F1Nut
    Beekyman
    Edsavinon
    Face
    CaligulaPolk +1
    Chargerman426
    Treitz
    GV#27
    Spwuinmk67 +1(?)
    Strider
    MillerLiteScott
    Jtgranby
    Mmadden28
    Vette C6.r
    HearingImpared
    Skrol

Anyone else?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • jacob.simpson
    jacob.simpson Posts: 481
    edited March 2009
    I would have loved to attend, since its on
    Good Friday weekend, have to go to church on Good Friday and Easter, cant miss Church on those days. Wishing all those who are going to attend a Happy Bash.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited March 2009
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I'm still in.

In, but only if Tom lets me ride b*tch and calls me sweetcheeks every 50 miles. That's some man,there!
    It'll be good to you folks again.
    Lightman
  • treitz3
    edited March 2009
    I don't know what in the hell you just said slacker but you are welcome to ride up with me in the back of the truck.......and I hope it rains the whole way. The accommodations may be an issue though as I'm staying with a fellow Polkster and I don't know if they have the accommodations for more than one. I'd love to have you come but we need to figure out accommodations bro'.

Take a bath smelly. :p
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2009
    FAAAK....about a month too early.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited March 2009
    Is this meet going to be kid friendly?
    My 15 year old and my 12 year old may be interested in coming.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • lightman1
    edited March 2009
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I don't know what in the hell you just said slacker but you are welcome to ride up with me in the back of the truck.......and I hope it rains the whole way. The accommodations may be an issue though as I'm staying with a fellow Polkster and I don't know if they have the accommodations for more than one. I'd love to have you come but we need to figure out accommodations bro'.

Take a bath smelly. :p

I'll sleep;) on the other side of said polkster or sleep right next to you. Your choice. if not I'll hitch a ride and stay a the no-tell mo-tell down the road.
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited March 2009
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Food will be provided....sandwiches and the sort.

I'll add a loose list of what you'll hear and/or see next week but most of it is private and for the attendees only.

whats up with loose list ? :D
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2009
    You're the only one on it.
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited April 2009
    CP you have to sit in and face the corner all by yourself. ;)

After you sort the sandwiches of course.

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited April 2009
    mmadden28 wrote: »
    CP you have to sit in and face the corner all by yourself. ;)

After you sort the sandwiches of course.

dang, ok, count me out!!

• dorokusai
    edited April 2009
    OK...this just in....

Hi Mark,

The sked we are thinking of for April 9 is:

5:30pm – 6:00pm Arrive, Meet and Greet
    6:00pm – 6:30pm Dinner – might include discussion of 1 product
    6:30pm – 8:45pm Demos and focus groups
    8:45pm – 9:00pm Wrap-Up

Demos:
    2 products on their way to market (home theater, outdoor)
    2 products still in development (home theater, home audio/theater)

Focus groups:
    4 products in the concept phase (home audio, home theater, home audio/theater, new product category)

Thanks,
    Monica
  • treitz3
    edited April 2009
    Oh, I can't wait! :D
  • Yellowneck
    Yellowneck Posts: 11
    edited April 2009
    I am new to this forum and would like to know if I can attend this event. I can more than likely leave work early to make it there. Also where is there? I have never been to the Polk HQ before. If anyone living in the northern VA area is going please let me know. Is it too late to ask to be invited?

Thanks
    Picture - VZIO Plasma/Source - Panasonic DMP-BD10/receiver - Yamaha RX-V863/Center - CSi40/Fronts - RTi10/Surrounds - T90e(same as monitor 60)
    Sub - Velodyne DLS-3750/Amps- Carver A-705x surrounds and center - Carver TFM-15cb fronts
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2009
    You're in, just show the heck up.

I added the address to the header of the thread. Thanks, that would have been helpful I guess.
  • spwuinmk67
    spwuinmk67 Posts: 797
    edited April 2009
    Anyone still planning on getting together either before or after the event? Me and the girl friend are gonna be at Inner Harbor during the day walking around, and probably stopping the the national aquarium if anyone would like to join us.
    1993 Ford Ranger super cab:
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    MB Quart QSD216
    in need of amps and subs

Home:
    52" Sharp Aquos
    PolkAudio Monitor 10's
    Harmon Kardon HK3375
    Xbox 360
    PolkAudio XM tuner

Owner and co-designer of www.basicholdem.com
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited April 2009
    I won't be able to attend. Last minute problem.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • lightman1
    edited April 2009
    I know some, if not all, of you will completely devastated to hear "I can't make it."
    Now don't start crying and screaming out "Why Lightman, WHY???!!!"
    Seems this job thing I have is f*ckin' up my free-wheelin', all around swell guy lifestyle y'all have become accustomed to.
    I guess I'll see you pack of Hacks at the next one.
    Now get a hold of yourselves and stop making a scene! You'll live! I promise.

send me some spy pics
  • treitz3
    edited April 2009
    Pansy.
  • lightman1
    edited April 2009
    Stop following me around, Freak!
  • treitz3
    edited April 2009
    Do not deter from the subject. You are still a Pansy and you let us down.

Pansy.
  • Ender
    Ender Posts: 603
    edited April 2009
    Damn, why do you guys have to be headquartered in some obscure corner of the United States? Lol.
    SDA 1C, SDA 2A, SDA SRS 2, CMT-340SE, Swan M200MKII, Swan D1080MKII, Behringer MS40

Outlaw Audio M2200 x2, GFA 555 II, BGW 750C

GDA 700, Outlaw Audio Model 990, Sansa Fuze, X-Fi Platinum Fatality