Special Event - Polk HQ - April 9,2009

Comments

• Vette C6.r
    Vette C6.r Posts: 1,560
    edited March 2009
    is this a listen only deal or will anything be for sale ?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited March 2009
    As stated.....
    They will be displaying and running demos of existing product lines, "new" and even conceptual equipment. Some of the ideas may only be on paper, so that's pretty cool in my book. The purpose is to get some serious feedback from the public and private sector network.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited March 2009
    Is anyone getting a hotel room for the night afterward? 10pm would be late to start a 3 hour tour to get home.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,330
    edited March 2009
    I hope they have room for us all. Count me in.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2009
    ESAVINON wrote: »
    I can pick you up.

Thanks Ed, I'll take you up on that.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited March 2009
    Joe, you will be muzzled and handcuffed during the visit.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited March 2009
    And wheeled around on a hand truck like Lector.

Mark, I can't make it and I'm going to give you a chest slam when I see you.
  • nadams
    edited March 2009
    So, I was thinking maybe a night out afterwards, if anyone is interested. I don't know anything around baltimore... so I was checking to see if anyone else is planning on spending the night. I could use a good two days off :)
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited March 2009
    Damn!!! I just realized that I will be on the Disney Cruise that week. Please remove me from the list. Thanks, Jeff
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2009
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Joe, you will be muzzled and handcuffed during the visit.

Thanks for not using the straight jacket this time.
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited March 2009
    Thanks Ed, I'll take you up on that.

That's the least i can do for you bud ;).
    I still think of that record by leinsdorf i heard at your house.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited March 2009
    ESAVINON wrote: »
    That's the least i can do for you bud ;).
    I still think of that record by leinsdorf i heard at your house.

That sounded excellent!
    Carl

• CaligulaPolk
    CaligulaPolk Posts: 1,650
    edited March 2009
    Who attend the meeting, should share their pics in here so we get to know what we look like before meeting you all.
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited March 2009
    How many heads so far? Dorousaki?
    puppet-heads-l.jpg
    dont forget include 2 heads here
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • nadams
    edited March 2009
    My head is out. Don't want to take the time off work now with everything else going on. Have fun, guys!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2009
    Looks like roughly 11....with a couple maybe types.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited March 2009
    Who attend the meeting, should share their pics in here so we get to know what we look like before meeting you all.
    I would do that but I value my camera. :eek:
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited March 2009
    I am there in spirit....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited March 2009
    Anyone wanna meet for dinner before this meeting start? What resturant is nearby the HQ? Can Doro please list few resturant (NOT FAST FOOD) for polkies to get together before attend meeting.

Whatcha guys say?

• spwuinmk67
    spwuinmk67 Posts: 797
    edited March 2009
    I'll def be at the HQ with the g/f. Dunno about dinner though, gotta see what time we are able to leave NJ.
    1993 Ford Ranger super cab:
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    MB Quart QSD216
    in need of amps and subs

Home:
    52" Sharp Aquos
    PolkAudio Monitor 10's
    Harmon Kardon HK3375
    Xbox 360
    PolkAudio XM tuner

Owner and co-designer of www.basicholdem.com
  • F1nut
    edited March 2009
    Anyone wanna meet for dinner before this meeting start? What resturant is nearby the HQ? Can Doro please list few resturant (NOT FAST FOOD) for polkies to get together before attend meeting.

Whatcha guys say?

I'll work up a list of places in the next day or two.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• CaligulaPolk
    edited March 2009
    F1nut wrote: »
    I'll work up a list of places in the next day or two.

and its u paying

• mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited March 2009
    Looks like roughly 11....with a couple maybe types.

I just sent you an email. Hopefully its not too late to add me to the list. :o
    I'm 95% sure I'll be able to make it. :cool:

peace

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • F1nut
    edited March 2009
    and its u paying

Who said I was going to meet for dinner? :p

President of Club Polk

• mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited March 2009
    and its u paying
    F1nut wrote: »
    Who said I was going to meet for dinner? :p

My wife goes to dinner all the time with her friends w/o me and I still end up paying :rolleyes:

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited March 2009
    I have to check.....but our local airport Chicago/Rockford International just announced service to BWI. Ridiculous low initial kick-off pricing. Flying direct out of my own city, not having the headache of taking a 60 minute bus to O'hare makes this very tempting. Not sure if service will be ready by Apr 9........
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited March 2009
    Damn, service doesn't start until 6/1 then it's Monday's and Friday's only. Guess I'll check O'Hare, but probably going to be a bust.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2009
    Food will be provided....sandwiches and the sort.

I'll add a loose list of what you'll hear and/or see next week but most of it is private and for the attendees only.
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited March 2009

I'll add a loose list of what you'll hear and/or see next week but most of it is private and for the attendees only.

Now thats cool!!! F1nut is glad hes out of paying us food!! :D

• F1nut
    edited March 2009

Ok, I was going to treat everyone except CaligulaPolk to dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, but it looks like I don't have to now.

President of Club Polk