Signal Cable MagicPower Cord Review

Options
polkatese
polkatese Posts: 6,767
A great review for Signal Cable. I have two of these, it's definitely a great deal:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue6/signalcable.htm

:D
I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
Post edited by polkatese on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited April 2003
    Options
    There's something about a man with a love for wire..........

damn that sounded ****,but what the hell
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • polkatese
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by mantis
    There's something about a man with a love for wire..........

damn that sounded ****,but what the hell

:lol::lol::lol: "My MagicPower IS bigger than your Kimber"
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Damn

He's trying to give me the beat down with his cable.......

Your wire is getting weak old man......I remain the MASTER.
    Dan
  • polkatese
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Just messing with you, Dan..did you read the article? what do you think?
  • bionicmushroom
    bionicmushroom Posts: 73
    edited April 2003
    Options
    So what all would you want to put cables on? Just power items like receivers, amps, etc. ?
    AVR: Onkyo TX-SR604/s
    Front: Polk Rt1000i
    Center: Polk CS400i
    Surround: Polk FX500i
    Subwoofer: Polk PSW110
  • polkatese
    edited April 2003
    Options
    bionicmushroom,
    I put mine on Power amp and subwoofer. Those seems to be the area that I think would benefit the most. I read people also gain the benefit of using them on DVD and notice improvement..
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Hey Polkatese...
    Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice the other day reguarding my LSi15 and Denon questions.
    Would like to talk to you a bit more about that Rotel you have.
    ninerbj@netscape.net
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • polkatese
    edited April 2003
    Options
    ninerbj,
    you're welcome :) will email you...
  • dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited April 2003
    Options
    When I bought a Rotel CD player and auditioned interconnects about 2 months ago, my sales dude was telling me the next step for me to try was power cords. I'm pretty scepticle, but after reading that article, that guy sounds like me after my interconnect trials.

Does anyone here use aftermarket power cables? If so, what kind?

Polkatese, you have MagicPower cords? Would you back up the article? Lastly, have you tried other power cords?

The more I hear good cable, the more I'm becoming a cable beleiver.

Derick.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • polkatese
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by dcarlson
    Polkatese, you have MagicPower cords? Would you back up the article? Lastly, have you tried other power cords?
    Derick.

Derick,
    yes, I would back up that statement. I had it for almost 3 months now, the first time I plug it in, I noticed immediately that the low is becoming more defined. You'll like the quality of the cable, solid and priced right. I bought two of them, one for the sub and the other one for amp. Frank also offers 30 days money back guarantee, plus, he is great on the after sales service too. I had to replace one of the analog two interconnect and Frank sent a replacement within less than 1 week. Great guy!

EDIT: No, I did not try other power cord, since my objective is to keep the investment to a minimum and cost effective.
  • dcarlson
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Cool...

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Is the cord a simple replacement for a removable type power cord? Or is it wired internally?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • polkatese
    edited April 2003
    Options
    it's plug and play (literally)....:-) (even better than plugging computer devices, in which it is more like plug and PRAY....)
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Ok, thats what I thought it looked like on the website. That sounds like a modest investment for a nice interconnect. I am going to measure a couple things tonight. I think my receiver is the only one that's detachable.

I wish he made a smaller one more like the ones on DVD players, cable boxes etc.............
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    I wish he made a smaller one more like the ones on DVD players, cable boxes etc.............

Check out the Audioquest NRG-1 for that purpose.

http://audioadvisor.com/store/productdetail.asp?sku=AQNRG13&product_name=NRG-1%20AC%20Power%20Cable

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2003
    Options
    AH thx Russman, I will have to check that cable out. :)
  • polkatese
    edited May 2003
    Options
    The Magic Power Cord will be the standard power cord accompanying Velodyne's new Signature 1812 Subwoofer ($15,000 retail, 385 lb.)

Now, that's a BOLD statement and a seal of approval!
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I've been telling you guys, now go buy those Analog Two interconns and suprise yourself even more! Seriously, Frank is a GREAT guy, I'm glad to see him have so much success, and so many happy users.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • polkatese
    edited May 2003
    Options
    oh yeah, analog two rocks! one small complain (nothing to do with the sonic quality) it's just that the cable is a bit stiff and it's not very amenable to sharp bending. So make sure that you have enough room behind your gears to manouver the i/c...btw, his XLR are also awesome!
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    Options
    polkatese,
    sorry I missed your reply.yes I read that.Impressive the feedback.
    I'll have my Kimberkable Powercord on soon,I can't even wait to try this out.Worth just the test itself letalone the sonic Improvements.......or not.....we will see.
    Dan
  • dcarlson
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I forgot about this thread, going to have to bookmark signal cable and give em a try in a little bit.

Derick.

• dcarlson
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Dan, let me know how the Kimber power cord works out for ya...

Derick.

• mantis
    edited May 2003
    Options
    will do,
    expect a full review.This one is long in the making.Something I wanted to do for awhile but never got around to it,Now I'm around to it.
    Dan
  • TonyPTX
    TonyPTX Posts: 545
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I've got a SignalCable MagicPower Power Cord coming in a few days. Should have shipped today. In the mean time, check out what the FedEx man brought by....
    ixos.jpg

ixos-1.jpg

Will give a review when I have time to hook it up in the next week or so...
    Damn....8 lines...I've gotta put my sig on a diet now....
  • polkatese
    edited May 2003
    Options
    whoa, cool looking wire! are we on wire shopping spree?
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I assume this is Ixos wire.

What is the 3rd wire for? 2 pos, 1 neg? Or are we using a run for each terminal?

Cheers,
    Rooster
  • dcarlson
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Ya, what company are those puppies from?

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Bare ends... a kit?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Russ,

The third wire is just a "dummy" wire called the ICC (Inductance Controlling Core) which holds the other two wires together as they repeatedly cross each other at approximately 90 degrees. It has no conductor and is the basis for IXOS gamma geometry technology. Cool stuff and it works.

I have the IXOS Super Gamma 7 biwire and it helped open up my nines nicely for me over the XP wire I had. Have a Signal Cable Analog Two en route also. Can't wait to see what a difference it makes too.

Like you said once, "those that don't know..don't know they don't know." Ah ... this is the truth indeed.

P.
  • polkatese
    edited May 2003
    Options
    That's great, Paul, you're up for a treat with those Analog Two. What I/C are you using now?