edited June 2010
    Options
    It arrived yesterday.
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Strengths:
    Small size, solid construction, ability to daisy chain, inexpensive for full sound, sounds much better than standard TV speakers.

Weaknesses:
    We demo-ed this as a monitor for a miked barbershop quartet, decent performance and sound, but lacks the depth and richness of large diameter monitors. That said, it's small size is much more manageable to move than standard large monitors and will do just fine.

Review:
    Overall a smart compact package; a bargain for what it does: crisp, clear, sound that is much better than what comes out of your TV via your gaming system. Usable as an on-stage voice monitor (though not for a loud rock band). Easy to set up. Highly recommend.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I'm on a road trip from Wyoming to Maryland in a vintage ElCamino my old man is donating to me....starting Saturday....so nothing is going to happen until I return folks. Sorry. Be back in touch when I return Polkies.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Reeltrouble & Montoya, you ready? These are coming back home it appears.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Shipping labels have been sent to Montoya and Reeltrouble1 for dorokusai and Mole'.
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thanks to everyone that particpated in this demo. After Mole' this is going to be closed so we can get something new in rotation....maybe something Blackstone related? :D

I hope that you all take the time to use the link provided in the header to post your review of this product. It only takes a couple minutes and the feedback is invaluable to those that read it and to Polk Audio, so please take the time to do so.

See you in the next demo.
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2010
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Shipping labels have been sent to Montoya and Reeltrouble1 for dorokusai and Mole'.

Montoya? Reeltrouble? What's the word?
  • Montoya
    Montoya Posts: 506
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It is off on it's way.
  • mole'
    mole' Posts: 3,160
    edited September 2010
    Options
    just got home and this was sitting on my door step. ill have time to try it out tomorrow. thanks.
    mole'
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Mole' - Let me know when your done with this demo so I can close it out. If you get time, please post your review with link provided in the original post. Thanks for your help.
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Mole' is done with his demo....any last requests before I retire this demo?
  • mole'
    edited October 2010
    Options

oh man, i forgot i had it. ill post my review up. who or where do you want me to send it to? PM me the info or how ever this works. THANKS!
    mole'
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Unless someone speaks up for a free demo, this will be retired to my closet....as I've not even been able to even enjoy my own piece of goody.

24 hours, and this will be closed for good.
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited October 2010
    Options
    mole' wrote: »
    oh man, i forgot i had it. ill post my review up. who or where do you want me to send it to? PM me the info or how ever this works. THANKS!
    How did you like it considering the price tag? This is disappointing as you can not see them in any store in Canada. I think BB has them on their Canadian site along with crutchfield.ca I believe but haven't seen any in store so far...
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I wish I new the politics around why this product is not getting more B&M facetime....including Canada. It's BS.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,660
    edited October 2010
    Options

I bought one when they were on sale at Fry's for $69. Killer little unit, seriously multi purpose. I need to write a review. The Newegg (I think) deal @ $49 is a no brainer....
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I bought one when they were on sale at Fry's for $69. Killer little unit, seriously multi purpose. I need to write a review. The Newegg (I think) deal @ $49 is a no brainer....

YES, you do Ken :D
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,660
    edited October 2010
    Options
    YES, you do Ken :D

Will do Mark :D
  • TECHNOKID
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I wish I new the politics around why this product is not getting more B&M facetime....including Canada. It's BS.
    Yes, I find this odd too. We are in a global market so there shouldn't be any problems finding US products in Canada especially considering the agreement between the 2 countries. I find ackward that we find all kinds of Chinese garbage in our BM stores and we can hardly find our neibourghs country goods in our stores :confused:
    I tried to hit on that deal too but once I completed the order it was close to 200$ :confused:

Around that same time, I received an email from Polk with a similar offer and as soon as it came to closing the deal, since I was in canada I couldn't complete the deal. At that price tag, as you say it is a no brainer, that would have made a good Xmas gift for my gamer nephew.

Who knows, maybe Newegg.ca might offer a good deal by Xmas as I enlist for their sales. I've seen decent pricing on the monitor 70s in the past and pass the info to Canadian forum users.
    Polk Audio Hitmaster Gaming Monitor - Online Only
    This is from BB Canada, it specifies online only!

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/polk-audio-polk-audio-hitmaster-gaming-monitor-hitmaster/10145538.aspx?lang=en-CA&pcname=&sku=10145538&path=da5f1ab32205fdb14af908ece8abc530en02
    DARE TO SOAR:
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2010
    Options
    OK....so anyone interested in a demo before this is closed?
  • mole'
    edited October 2010
    Options
    TECHNOKID wrote: »
    How did you like it considering the price tag? This is disappointing as you can not see them in any store in Canada. I think BB has them on their Canadian site along with crutchfield.ca I believe but haven't seen any in store so far...

anything under $100 is worth it to me. my daughter loved it in her room with the Wii. i think its a nice lil unit and packs a nice punch for its size and price tag.
    mole'
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Mole' - Labels have been sent to you for that unit to come back home, to me. It's actually mine and I've never been able to listen to it :smile:

THIS DEMO IS CLOSED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST
  • TECHNOKID
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Mole' - Labels have been sent to you for that unit to come back home, to me. It's actually mine and I've never been able to listen to it :smile:

THIS DEMO IS CLOSED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST
    The little baby speaker you gave me this year is coming back for another round of heavy gaming during our Xmas family party in Montreal :biggrin: I was hoping to buy my nephew one as a gift for Xmas 2010 but for some reason I have been unsucessfull to find any in Canada :frown: Unfortunate as it would have been nice to pump 2 of them this year. I've been fired as the official DJ this year since I was sick earlier in the year my sister was worried about me hauling audi and video gear from Ottawa to set it up in Montreal bu the good side is I will be able to focus on the gaming area. My mini mixing console will be available to be used as pre-amp for the Hitmaster which will allow to keep the Hitmaster at lower volume since the input level will be higher which is a good thing! Who knows, there might be good deals on used soon or later here in the FS section :wink::cool:
    DARE TO SOAR:
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2010
    Options
    TECHNOKID wrote: »
    The little baby speaker you gave me this year is coming back for another round of heavy gaming during our Xmas family party in Montreal :biggrin: I was hoping to buy my nephew one as a gift for Xmas 2010 but for some reason I have been unsucessfull to find any in Canada :frown: Unfortunate as it would have been nice to pump 2 of them this year. I've been fired as the official DJ this year since I was sick earlier in the year my sister was worried about me hauling audi and video gear from Ottawa to set it up in Montreal bu the good side is I will be able to focus on the gaming area. My mini mixing console will be available to be used as pre-amp for the Hitmaster which will allow to keep the Hitmaster at lower volume since the input level will be higher which is a good thing! Who knows, there might be good deals on used soon or later here in the FS section :wink::cool:

You as a DJ scares me.
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Labels sent to Mole' for me.

I've spoken with Mole', he's fine and alive and well. We're working out the details for the shipping so thanks for the help guys. I had an incorrect number for him but he immediately responded to the email I sent him....like within a hour. Thanks John, and sorry for the mini-freak out. We've missed you on here and combined with the Comfortablycurt situation, it alarmed me. - Mark
  • adam2434
    adam2434 Posts: 995
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Just noticed that the Himaster is now selling for $40 at walmart.com!

Are they being discontinued already? Hard to believe any money is being made at that price.

Just ordered 2 for home vocal use and for handy portable system(s).
    5.1 and 2.0 ch Basement Media Room: Outlaw 975/Emotiva DC-1/Rotel RB-1582 MKII/Rotel RB-1552/Audiosource Amp 3/Polk LS90, CS400i, FX500i/Outlaw X-12, LFM-1/JVD DLA-HD250/Da-Lite 100" HCCV/Sony ES BDP/Sonos Connect. DC-1/RB-1582 MKII/Sonos Connect also feed Polk 7C in garage or Dayton IO655 on patio.
    2.1 ch Basement Gym: Denon AVR-2807/Klipsch Forte I or NHT SB2/JBL SUB 550P x 2/Chromecast Audio.
    2.0 ch Living Room: Rotel RX-1052/Emotiva DC-1/Klipsch RF-7 III/Sony ES BDP/LG 65" LED.
    2.0 ch Semi-portable: Klipsch Powergate/NHT SB3/Chromecast Audio.
    Kitchen: Sonos Play5.