speaker buzzing

kyle carpenterkyle carpenter Posts: 1
edited April 2003 in Troubleshooting
one of my speakers is buzzing when i turn up the volume.
what do i do?
Post edited by kyle carpenter on


  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 43,621
    edited April 2003

    Welcome to the forum.

    Simple, turn it down.....;)

    Help us out here with somemore info. What kind of speakers?What are you using for power? Is it a tweeter or driver or all of them that buzz? Does it do it with all sources? Etc.......

    Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

    President of Club Polk

  • VR3VR3 Posts: 23,689
    edited April 2003
    Originally posted by kyle carpenter
    one of my speakers is buzzing when i turn up the volume.
    what do i do?

    Dude, Im guessing its your tweeter. Do you use a Yamaha Receiver? If so, it could majorly be your amp! I had a problem with buzzing from my Tweeters and when I upgraded to a better, different brand receiver it went away.
    - Not Tom

    "No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • RuSsMaNRuSsMaN Posts: 17,995
    edited April 2003
    Tweeters don't typically 'buzz', usually a 'buzz' is a rubbing voicecoil on a midbass/woof. Like F1 said, check your sources, and also swap l/r see if the problem follows the speaker.

    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ezyernieezyernie Posts: 2
    edited April 2003
    start by swapping the speaker wires in the back of your amp/receiver that will tell you if the problem is the amp or the speakers. if it proves to be the speakers, try to listen to the individual drivers as you play something that you know reveals the problem. That means up close, so don't turn the music up too high. Once you've isolated the failing component, call and get a replacement. You can do the work yourself or pay $55/hr to a local tech to do it.
    B EZ
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!