speaker buzzing

kyle carpenter
kyle carpenter Posts: 1
edited April 2003 in Troubleshooting
one of my speakers is buzzing when i turn up the volume.
what do i do?
Post edited by kyle carpenter on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited April 2003
    kyle,

Welcome to the forum.

Simple, turn it down.....;)

Help us out here with somemore info. What kind of speakers?What are you using for power? Is it a tweeter or driver or all of them that buzz? Does it do it with all sources? Etc.......

F1
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    edited April 2003
    Originally posted by kyle carpenter
    one of my speakers is buzzing when i turn up the volume.
    what do i do?

Dude, Im guessing its your tweeter. Do you use a Yamaha Receiver? If so, it could majorly be your amp! I had a problem with buzzing from my Tweeters and when I upgraded to a better, different brand receiver it went away.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2003
    Tweeters don't typically 'buzz', usually a 'buzz' is a rubbing voicecoil on a midbass/woof. Like F1 said, check your sources, and also swap l/r see if the problem follows the speaker.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ezyernie
    ezyernie Posts: 2
    edited April 2003
    start by swapping the speaker wires in the back of your amp/receiver that will tell you if the problem is the amp or the speakers. if it proves to be the speakers, try to listen to the individual drivers as you play something that you know reveals the problem. That means up close, so don't turn the music up too high. Once you've isolated the failing component, call and get a replacement. You can do the work yourself or pay $55/hr to a local tech to do it.
    B EZ