B&K in the house!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Oh, and btw, who has left because of Russ? Faster because he got called out on leaving another forum member holding the bag? Personally, I applaud him for standing up for HBomb.

'Sherri' the female impersonator who held the answers to all of Dan's unanswered questions on if size REALLY matters? PUH-LEEZE.

I say ask rlw, OrangeToupee and juice21 and the McGowan Bros. why they aren't still here......glass houses, stones, anyone?

I say let this dog die.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • tntvt
    tntvt Posts: 121
    edited April 2003
    Options
    You know guys I want to thank you for the help!!!!! It will be a new record!!! The new guy with only 25 posts!! Starts a thread that ends up in the HALL OF SHAME!
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by TroyD
    Personally, I applaud him for standing up for HBomb.

BDT

HBombToo!!!! Thanks Russman.

Henry
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by TroyD
    Oh, and btw, who has left because of Russ? Faster because he got called out on leaving another forum member holding the bag? Personally, I applaud him for standing up for HBomb.

I think George left too, after the whole tard dance thing.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited April 2003
    Options
    tntvt, I'm very interested in your 898 - your price is really fair. I can have the money in a couple weeks (or less). Email me if your interested!!!!!! scottvamp1@yahoo.com
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    edited April 2003
    Options
    TroyD,
    if you read this thead,I never said the avr507 isn't a receiver.I only said you can call it an intergraded by the way it's built.

As far as the add amps to a receiver thing,as I told you,I didn't buy Rotel for this very reason(among others).Not that Rotel isn't good,I really think they build one of the best receivers on the market and top 3 in sound quality.The Mantis Theory remains......

You forgot to add George Grand to your list of people who left because of Russ.......and I will add ATCVENOM.Russ told me that George can go eff himself and he would like to kick that little **** of his.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited April 2003
    Options
    ATC is still posting???? I read all his stuff!

HBomb is confused
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Where??he told me he was out...........
    Dan
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2003
    Options
    ATC has posted here, and talked with me on AIM this week, doesn't seem very *gone* to me.

I never said any such thing about George, now about you, possibly. I LIKE George, whether you, him, or anyone else chooses to believe that.

Man, I've got major tired head. You guys carry on, have fun, call it a freakin' box of banana pudding for all I care.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Dan,
    I was told that the B&K silver plate cost $180 (to switch black to silver) can you confirm that? thanks,
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    polkatese,
    it's 100.00.If you already have black.No charge for buying it in silver.

edited
    Dan
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Dude, I can hardly STAND you, why would I confide in you? I see this as nothing more than a futile attempt to toss me under the bus. If there is one person you can't use your Jedi mind trick on, it's Mr. Grand.

Now I have talked with George about YOU many times, but never the other way around as memory serves.

You've got a big bag, I'm not dealing with it anymore, if others want to, be my guest.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Dude you don't have to lie.
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    let me refresh your memory man.It was all over the post you made about the **** dance.When all that went down,George left the forum because of you and your mouth/typing and you know it.I talked about it over IM with you and you said Eff him and all the rest I'll leave out.You know it,I know it,stop lieing.Be a man would yeah...............
    Dan
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Big bag, said no such thing. Read the post yourself.

I'm sorry this post turned this direction, I'm done here. Polkatese tried to kick it back on track, you guys run with it and maybe it will 'miss' the hall.

How about that faceplate, what a cool option.
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    dude thats fine man........say what you want WE know the truth behind all this......it needs not be in here anyway........
    Dan
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2003
    Options
    George's leaving had NADA to do with anything said on this forum, regardless of what anyone thinks.

I know the real story (as does Russ) and neither of us are saying diddly out of respect for those invoved.

Now chill out or I'm willing to bet we will see a resurrection of liv4fam.

Cool receiver by the way.......

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • polkatese
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Thanks, Dan...

I haven't seen the silver, but everybody thinks it has such an impressive look...

reference 50 and av125.7 I think are perfect match for me! I know you think 200.7 is better, but it's such a humongous piece of unit.

Ref50Flarge.jpg

ST125_3LargeSlvFront.jpg

ain't these a beautiful pair..:p
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    polkatese,
    I don't understand your logic here.Granted they are a impressive combo.I believe not enough gain is here over just going with the avr507.If you go with the Ref200.7 well thats a new league there...O man the Balanced outputs and inputs.....o yeah.
    I would listen to both side by side and see if it's worth going this route or just going all the way with the ref200.7.I heard it go many times man and all I have to say is WOW......Weak in the knees and all.
    Dan
  • polkatese
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Dan,
    it's a calculated logic based on what I have, in terms of space, heat dissipation, and shelf depth. As you know, my system is constraint by the wall unit size. I had listened to both, at about reference listening level, I didn't notice any difference. Both has balanced inputs. I had listened to 125.3 and ref 200.7 paired with ref 50. ref 200.7 is 19 inches depth, 125.7 is 16 inches. Spec wise, the only difference is dampening factor and obviously power rating. Also, ref 50 and 125.7 is almost the same height (not that it matters), sonic quality is identical...
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Thats cool you did a side by side.Isn't it cool how B&K amps sound almost identical?I think thats cool as they really do a great job.Owning the Ref50 will yield benefits down the road as well.Huh so the Rotel is going to bedroom duty........wow high end in the bedroom,I love it.You rock man.....
    Dan
  • polkatese
    edited April 2003
    Options
    We'll see, one think that I haven't experienced is LSi with B&K. It is a leap of faith at this point....I used SF Grand Piano for the audition and comparisons...don't have the gears yet since I am waiting for the silver, but will let you know when it's setup. thanks..
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Grand Piano's, what a speaker. Anything with an 'optional floor plinth' ranks fairly high, in cool factor alone.

Cheers,
    Rooster
  • polkatese
    edited April 2003
    Options
    yeah, Russ...when I grow up, I wanna be one!
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    polkatese,
    The Sonus Faber line is one hell of a line of speakers.In all my listening and Installing speakers,Sonus has earned my respect over time.When we first got them,I didn't like them as I felt they where extremely gaudy with all the leather and all.I also felt they where over priced not sounding a whole hell of alot better the speakers costing less(Imagine that).Vienna give me a hell of a run,but I always found something a didn't care for somewhere.I would do a complete 7.1 system with Sonus(REL of course)Like the walls all the way around and the center channel.That would make for a hell of a system.
    It sounds like it's a go with the Ref50....damn dude you kill it dead......alittle envy over here.I wanted the ref50 but felt it was alittle out of my priceclass as I am rebuiding my entire Home theater from ground up.....Man and your getting silver.......I must say I'm suprised.But man your going to be shocked how effin sweat it looks....it sets itself apart from the rest......you'll see.
    Sound quality you will not be depressed,You might just be shocked on how well they mate together.Rotel is a hell of a good sounding receiver,but B&K has a tad better midrange(it's close man)and high's are slightly sweater.Bass seems to be alittle more forward but superclean nonetheless.B&K has a notch filter to help with a group of peaks your room will most likely have.When you get it,I can help you with the Notch filter.Read the manual(trust me it's worth spending the time).The B&K isn't the easiest to setup.Your also going to Love the THX ULTRA2 processing.I feel a THX support thead coming from you once you start using it.It makes a big difference.
    SO when am I invited over for Dinner and a movie????;)
    Dan
  • polkatese
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Dan,
    B&K has a notch filter to help with a group of peaks your room will most likely have.When you get it,I can help you with the Notch filter.Read the manual(trust me it's worth spending the time).The B&K isn't the easiest to setup.Your also going to Love the THX ULTRA2 processing.I feel a THX support thead coming from you once you start using it.It makes a big difference.

Thanks for the offer, and yes, I will be nagging you on this subject. You're right on, the ref50 setup is not straight forward, in fact, I already downloaded the bksuite into my laptop, ready to spend time learning its features. I decided with the silver since EVERYBODY that I talked to recommend silver, even the dealer! we'll see how seamless the matching with the rest of the gears!

One other thing, I am dying to do a shoot out, side by side, between the two. I read somewhere, a guy was auditioning to go with 1065 and decided to do a shootout at his house, between 1066/1075. In his opinion, there is a very distinct and noticable difference in tonal quality. Needless to say, he went with the separates. Personally, I really like 1065, it's very clean and detailed sounding. So, I am keeping it....

btw, anytime you are in the neighborhood, you're invited!
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Very cool polkatese,
    Can't wait untill you get it.I would be a great read to hear the difference between B&K and Rotel(your views anyway,I already voiced mine).
    Silver is IN right now so everyone is HOT for it,even me and I'm never really into "whats hot now".I have been beat on the black or all black gear for awhile,maybe why I like the look of Pioneer Elite,at least it's shinny instead of flat.......
    If I'm in the neibhorhood,I'll be sure to let you know ahead of time......Thanks man.
    Dan