B&K in the house!!!!

Options
tntvt
tntvt Posts: 121
edited April 2003 in Electronics
Just got my new B&K AVR507 hooked up. Even without fine tuning this thing is amazing!
Thanks for the advice Mantis!:D
Post edited by tntvt on

Comments

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Tntvt,
    great unit! Congrats and don't forget the long 500+ words review when you are ready! I am sure Dan agrees with me on the review
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,058
    edited March 2003
    Options
    tntvt,
    O yeah there's my baby,I mean your baby.Niceman.What a world of exploring you have infront of you.
    And I will also be waiting for the 500+ word review aftersometesting and playing.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Tntvt,

Very sweet dude. You left enough money in the budget for a nice rack to mount that baby on didn't you?? If not who cares...you've got the best receiver out there.

What did you upgrade from?

"Made in the USA" and the B&K never lets you forget it everytime you turn it on.

Congrats and enjoy.

P.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2003
    Options
    what does a unit like that run?

thanks, al
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • danger boy
    edited April 2003
    Options
    what does a unit like that cost?

thanks, al
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Bi-polar? Nail, head, hit, that whole thing. ;)

Thats so high-tone, no common man receiver here. I'm betting it set him back about as much as a used Toyota, a NICE one at that. 5spd, A/C, floormats, the WORKS.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • tntvt
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Retails for 4 grand found it for 3200.00 worth every penny!
    upgraded from an Onkyo 898 (Comming soon to the flea market forum).
  • danger boy
    edited April 2003
    Options
    ummmmm.. tntvt, how do you wire three front channel speakers? what powers three fronts and doesn't blow an fuse?
  • tntvt
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Danger Boy- With the Onkyo 898 I had the cs1000p running out of the receivers center channel and the two cs400s out the center preout into an Integra two channel amp. The B&K seems to have ample power to run the three in series. No problems yet. If any occur I'll have to purchase a B&K two channel amp.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited April 2003
    Options
    tntvt, congrats man!!!!! Did ya get your projector yet???
    I wish I had the money for your Onkyo 898. I would put it in my main HT and put my 787 in the living room HT.:(
    Maybe we can work something out.;)
  • BeginnersLuck
    BeginnersLuck Posts: 213
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by tntvt
    The B&K seems to have ample power to run the three in series. No problems yet. If any occur I'll have to purchase a B&K two channel amp.

What are you talking about when you say the B&K seems to have ample power to run the three in series?

I don't think you are running your center's in series...Most amps can push a center and preamp out...

-BL
    TWFTPQ
    Receiver: Outlaw 1050
    Amps: Outlaw M-200 x 3 (Powering Mains and Center)
    Mains: RT800i; Center: CS400i; Surrounds: F/X500i
    Sub1: 214L Vented Tempest
    Sub2: 122L Sealed Tempest
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Why can't he run his speakers in series?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited April 2003
    Options
    My question. Did you consider seperates instead of a receiver for $3,200?

Peace Out~::D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Ron-P,
    in my opnion there are NO seperates at 3200.00 that can take out the B&K avr507.You'll be very hard pressed to find better.I searched my tail off before I bought my B&K.The B&K is a intergraded anyway,it's like having seperates in one box.
    Dan
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Anyone care to list the specs on this bad boy?

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2003
    Options
    edited, Dan knows it all.
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    It has a Tuner in the Preamp,it's a preamp.
    (ref30,ref50)
    Sorry Russ try again.................
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Doc,
    you got i
    AUDIO SPECS

AUDIO
    AVR 507
    AVR 505

Surround Sound Processing *
    DOLBY DPL/DPLII/EX

DTS-ES/Neo:6

THX Ultra2
    DOLBY DPL/DPLII/EX

DTS-ES/Neo:6

THX Ultra2

Power Rating 8 ohms
    7 x 150w
    5 x 150w

Power Rating 4 ohms
    7 x 185w
    5 x 185w

Damping Factor (50 Hz)

IM Distortion (SMPTE)
    .09%
    .09%

THD
    .09%
    .09%

Signal to Noise Ratio, A Weighted
    95dB
    95dB

Audio Inputs (Stereo)

Digital Inputs: Coax/Optical
    6/5
    6/5

Digital Outputs: Coax/Optical
    1/1 Zone A
    1/0 Zone B
    1/1 Zone A
    1/0 Zone B

Surround Outputs

Number of Zones A/V

Number of Amp Channels

Frequency Response
    5 Hz - 45 kHz
    5 Hz - 45 kHz
    Dan
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2003
    Options
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Dan, it's a HOME THEATER RECEIVER. It even says so on B&K's website.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited April 2003
    Options
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited April 2003
    Options
    very, very, nice! Did you look at the Marantz SR14? That's supposed to give the B&K a run for the money.
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    then laugh then.......I'm out
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Bottom line here........it's a receiver built like a intergraded.
    Dan
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2003
    Options
  • tntvt
    edited April 2003
    Options
    RUSS- Where did Manitis say the 507 was not a receiver?

Beginnersluck- You don't have to fret. I went to the theatre room and checked. The centers are still in series. No one changed them when I wasn't looking!

Scott- The HS10 came today! After a month on back order. If you are interested in the 898 it is one year old. I paid 1500 for it and would let it go for 500. The Ingera 2 channel amp is 2 months old, paid 300 let it go for 100.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2003
    Options
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Tntvt,

I wish I had known you were going to be upgrading. I would love to take your 898 of your hands. I have the money, but only if I could find a way to get rid of my month old Onk 600.
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Sorry Russman I never said it wasn't a receiver.
    your quote of mine Russ holds no water as I was referring to the 2 preamps listed.
    It has a Tuner built in, its a 'receiver'.
    This is your quote of what a receiver is,then by this logic Russ,B&K's preamps are recevires since they have a tuner.
    This is no different then anything else you **** have to do.You and Troy don't have the ability to be opened minded at all.You call me dense,look in the mirror boys.........Just read the last thead Troy was trying to make me look like a **** about adding the nessary amps to the Rotel rsx1055 to get it to 7.1 statis.Same kind of thing here.

Look If you really want to know why I call the avr307/507 a intergraded,I'll be more then happy to go deepinto detail why.If your just looking for a way to have a pissing contest,I'll pass.
    Russ you disapoint me to no end Bro,We talked about "cleaning up" the forum awhile back and you haven't kept your end of the bargin.Sad.....You even caused a member to leave the forum or should I say 2,and got how many theads put into the Hall Of Shame?????????Dude make up your mind on your conduct.

I choose my path and I walk my path.........

I will take a minute to say "I'm sorry to those looking for Information about B&K on this "could have been"cool thead.You know tntvt started this thead juiced up that he bought a new RECEIVER and **** like Russ have to or need to find reasons to cause a pissing match.Very sad.

This is exactly why so many great people leave the forum.It's a shame because Russ on IM seems to want this place to run smooth and be a really great and fun place to share Ideas and talk about what we all love......

Russ,it's your delievery not what your looking for Bro,just like when we where on IM,you just got pissed off and left out with no close,then you come right in here and copy and paste"what you need"to find a way to make me look like some kind of ****.
    Whatever dude,don't IM me anymore unless you wanna talk about a given topic.Come like that again and I will not answer back.........

Like I said,I'f anyone(including you Russ)wants to know why I call the B&Kavr507 Home Theater Receiver a Intergraded,I'll be happy to go into detail.Other then that.....forget about it.......
    Dan
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2003
    Options
    **** (as in plural) which I assume to include me, and I never said a word on this subject.

As far as this unit goes, looks a a tres cool receiver (the price is a little overwhelming but that's beside the point). Simple fact of the matter is, if you have a tuner, preamp, amp residing in the same chassis, call it what you like, but it's a receiver. Prone to the same issues that all receivers have. It's not an integrated amp by the simple fact that the all three components reside in the same chassis. Same thing with the Sunfire Ultimate Receiver. It's the Theatre Grand preamp with receiver grade amps (according to the Sunfire website). It's a receiver, a good one, but still a receiver. Period. End of story. If it could be considered an integrated amp, I'm pretty sure it would be marketed as such. Besides, what so terrible about calling it what it is?

Oh, and while I'm here, rather than going back to another post, since Dan brought it up. In the other post, I was not trying to make Dan look like an ****. In fact, I thought I was quite civil. Adding amps to a receiver is adding amps to a receiver. Regardless of the circumstance (preouts are preouts regardless of channel) and in either case the amps aren't matching (Mantis matching theory). My point is I was confused in that Dan in one posts scoffs at the notion and in another, he endorses it. To me, that's waffling on the issue.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut