Kimberkable in a 3 way battle.....

Options
2»

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited March 2003
    Options
    SInce this is my thead,I'll chime in on how the Kimber Kable Hero's are doing,they are alive and well,sounding incredible each and every time I listen.After this weekend with them, not even burned in,I'm very happy with them and Now I'm considering all Kimber for my theater system.......it's almost 100%.After the burn in,Tranaparent and Kimber head to head for the final.....we shall see.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2003
    Options
    i read your review on the kimbers.. where are you using them? Are they between your CD/DVD player to your pre/pro or amp?

I use silvercat cables between my pre outs to the amps. the silvercats also have locking rca connects. they are great aren't they? Where did you buy your kimber heros?

thanks, Al
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • mantis
    edited March 2003
    Options
    danger boy,
    I use them on my DVD player(Pioneer Elite dv47a) to the 6 channel in on my B&Kavr307.
    above the sound quality,the built quality is top notch.I so love the locking WBT ends.No more broken rca's,no more fighting with it to come off,and it locked into place beautiful.

As I write this,I'm considering using all Hero's for ALL analog outs.I'm also considering using 8TC/4TC bi wires terminated with locking banana WBT ends on the amp side and WBT spades on the speaker side.

I purchased them from a local audio and video shop around my way.It's called the AUDIO LAB in fairless hills,Pa.The owner I have know for years now,he's very knowledgeable and I like talking to him.He carries Cardos,Ixos and Kimber Kable.
    Dan
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2003
    Options
    so do you use three pairs of kimber kables then? from dvd player analog out to the 6 channel in on your B&K avr307? or do you use two channel to your B&K?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • mantis
    edited March 2003
    Options
    I'm just doing 2 channel at the moment.I waiting (and waiting ) for my new house to be finished to purcgase the rest of the Lsi package and REL sub.
    So 2 channel I have been for awhile now.......I only bought 1 pair of Hero's for demoing.....there passing the test with flying colors......so far
    Dan
  • dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Dan, thanks for the recommendations, you've given me a starting point to planning. Sorry I hijacked your thread a little.

My update on the Heros: I was demoing some with the WBT ends starting to wear through the black paint from use. So when I bought some Heros, I grabbed a brand new pack.

There's definitely a burn in period, because the brand new Heros didn't sound so great yesterday. I let them play straight for about 36 hours and I'll let them play a few days on my old CD player. I can't wait until they burn in because the demos I had continued getting better and better as I was listening to them. No regrets at all, by far well worth the price.

Derick.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • mantis
    edited March 2003
    Options
    dcarlson,
    it's all good my man.Talking about the Hero's led us to your system.You got the basis for making a great system.
    Dan