2009 Polkfest - Nov 7/8..North Charleston SC

Options

Comments

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Just got back home. What can I say it was great fest as usuall. A big thanks to Troy and Wendi for opening up there home to us crazy people. I am already sad that its over and looking foward to next years fest in NJ at Lous pad. For those that missed it you missed one hell of a party.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ohskigod wrote: »
    luckily I will not have so long of a drive next year, for Polkfest will take place at my Pad. Polkfest 2010....Dirty Jersey Style!

Are you freakin' serious?!? That's going to be great! A non-HQ PolkFest that I can actually get to!

So sad I missed this one, but such is life. I'll be making the next one, for sure.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,333
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Lightman here....Thanks Wendi and Troy for a rockin' good time. Good times !!!!It was good to see some old friends and make new ones. Tom snores like a busted chainsaw and farts while asleep. Mark...you sir are a great kisser:o I'm hooked on your lovin' now!!
    Patrick.. have you learned to speak English again and I have your underwear.
    Shrimp water makes a good mixer as well. My right leg has a rash on it now....:confused:
    F*ckers....
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Sounds like you had a whale of a time Tom. :eek: :confused:
    Glad I missed this one - well, not really. :D:)
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • kab
    kab Posts: 275
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Wendi and Troy, you're the best. Thanks yet again for making Polkfest special and (mostly) unforgettable.

I won't be drinking Sprite soon, maybe never. In fact, I'm selling my Coke stock tomorrow. Got back this afternoon and saw Hedy's Hyundai in the driveway and nearly gagged. Troy - you should be ashamed.

If you're flying into Charleston soon, dont' rent a Matrix from Hertz. You could end up in the one with the Jim Beam fragrance. Nestor spilled his 20 oz. cup on the console.

Can you get therapy for your liver?

It was great to see everyone. Can't wait for Jerseyfest.

Al
  • treitz3
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Those who attended, do you notice anything about this picture that's out of the ordinary and rather flavorful....er, uh, nasty :eek:?

Get your mind out of the gutter.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=44213&d=1257645097

Man, my head's still spinning. Or is it my house? Troy and TLW, nice to have finally met you after all these years. Y'all are a hoot! Thanks for throwing such a grand shin-dig. Even though I had to keep Doro from humping my leg all evening and despite the fact that nobody could understand what Patrick was saying, I had a blast.

Al, thanks for the conversation and story about the trip to New York that landed you at Polk many moons ago. That was cool and informative. Also, I won't ever let "that photo" get into the wrong hands. Lightman1, you still need to seek professional help. Jesse, your hair? Does it ever age or need combing? I know you are a vampire but come on. Throw us folks who age normally a bone here. Looking forward to having a reason to sinking my teeth into that Sunshine Burger again ;).

Shack Daddy, your wife rocks! Glad to be surprised that you made it. Those who didn't attend? Man, you really screwed up this time. Alright, enough of me and the rana, rana, rana, rana. I'll give you one hint as to the picture.

Could be the reason your breath this morning was rancid.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    edited November 2009
    Options
    janmike wrote: »
    Sounds like you had a whale of a time Tom. :eek:
    Post # 408 was Lightman1. He was at my pad and figured out how to post under my moniker. I did have a great time and I managed to not lose a limb in the process, if you can believe it.

I'm still wondering who's bra Lightman1 was wearing this morning though. When he discovered it, I believe that he turned himself on.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited November 2009
    Options
    This thing always seemed so far off, then it was here, and now it's over. Wow

Troy and Wendi never let us down, thanks for hosting this thing for the 3rd time. Great food and plenty of drinks for all.

Between Troy's gear and the truckload brought by Ted, there was some really great sounding rooms.

Sorry, my mind is mush, I'm not real creative tonight.

So... good food, good tunes and good times, loved it.

Russ
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited November 2009
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Those who attended, do you notice anything about this picture that's out of the ordinary and rather flavorful....er, uh, nasty :eek:?

Get your mind out of the gutter.

yep, I thought that would be a problem at some point, there was so much more available, but everyone went to that one.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2009
    Options
    so did anyone take a group picture? so we know who all attended?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2009
    Options
    danger boy wrote:
    so did anyone take a group picture? so we know who all attended?

Yes...one of Troy's friends took a group picture and downloaded it on Troy's and TLWs computer. They will have to post it.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited November 2009
    Options
    We got back to B-more about 1/2 hour ago, Scott and Jesse are back behind the wheel again.

Ugg.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Back at the homestead. Many thanks to Troy and Wendy for hosting a great event for a bunch of speaker guys.

I had a great time and I am actually to tired to type so I will thank everyone I can think of tomorrow.

And thanks to Ben for chauffeuring the Strider Express all weekend.

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Russ, Tom, I'm NOT seeing it. If it's an inside deal, tell me so I'll quit scouring that pic looking for Waldo.

Enquiring minds and all that.....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited November 2009
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Russ, Tom, I'm NOT seeing it. If it's an inside deal, tell me so I'll quit scouring that pic looking for Waldo.

Enquiring minds and all that.....

Cheers,
    Russ

I think they're talking about the ice Mark's putting back into the cooler.

Patrick gave Mark the worst case of blue balls, so bad he had to ice the boys down. He returned the ice when he was done with it.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'm back also, picked up Pauly's Monitor 10's for him to pick up. As usually I enjoyed myself and spending time with family members which I truly feel you're all are. A special thanks to Troy and Wendy for their Southern Hospitality, they love putting on a party for us Polkie's and it shows in everything they do.

Thanks again, for putting on a killer PF.

Steve

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Tom, got it LOUD and clear.

Can't wait to see the stomach ache posts in the next 24 hours. SICK man, SICK.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Polkfest '09 ROCKED!!!

A huge THANK YOU to Troy and TLW for yet another Polkfest not to be forgotten.

Great to see old friends again and to welcome Patrick into the fold. Believe it or not, he was an SDA virgin...not anymore. :D

Ben and Scott, it was a joy to travel with you guys and thanks Ben for doing all the driving.

More later........
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2009
    Options
    just got home about a half hour ago, got slammed with traffic in Delaware just before the bridge. Thats how I knew I was gettin close to home.

P.S., I have ben getting numerous inquiries as to wether I am having Polkfest at my house next year. YES, embrace the horror folks, you're comin to Jersey.
    Google "Newark Liberty Airport" and embrace the horror....LOL
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2009
    Options
    WOW, WOW, WOW...

Man, I LOVE Polkfest!!

TLW and I have done a number of bashes here at the Rancho de No Concerno....but PF is far and away our favorite. It is literally a family reunion. Not similar, not like...it's a family.

I gotta say thank you to everyone for coming...everyone says thanks to the host but, really, the thanks goes to the guys that do the travelling. A HUGE thanks go to Al, Mark and Patrick...The Polk Rock stars REPRESENTED. I think Patrick is almost ready for the big leagues.

Doro - thanks for keeping TLW 'satisfied'. I love you brother. Full On.

Micah and his wife Melissa.....it was great to see Micah again. Hopefully we'll see him around the forum. One of the most intelligent and opinionated people ever. Also DEFINATELY married up!

HUGE thanks to RT1....he provided the lion's share of the gear, heavy lifting and kept the show moving. Ted is definately the heart and soul of PF. I love this guy. DJ - did me solid after solid this weekend...

F1Nut- The hair was in full splendor this w/e

Hoosier21 - Excellent. We should have gone to Waffle House. I just don't know if I could have kept it down.

Lou (formerly BIG Lou) - the torch has been passed!

So many memories and GREAT quotes....many which will go unreapeted....

The DEFINATE quote....from TLW to Kim (the neighbor): "put it in your mouth....then swallow"

I'll ramble more later...and do a more thorough wrap up, just wanted to throw this out there!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • TroyD
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ok...the shrimp were triple bagged. The ice was perfectly safe.....

Lesse...Thursday, rolled into town about the same time as RT1 and DJ. Had an nice dinner and some drinks. Ben, Scott and Jesse rolled in and we filled the garage with enough boxes to make it look like a warehouse.

Friday...people started rolling in. Ok, this is what I don't understand. I went from sober to PLASTERED and a short time and I'm not sure when/how it happend. Well, until I realized that a full fifth of Makers Mark -GONE. 2 cases of beer - GONE. Some of the smoothest, best moonshine ever -damn near GONE....wrapped up about 3AM with Mark filling his pockets full of cheeze-it's for a later snack.

Saturday - Broke Patrick's SDA cherry, killed a Carver, drink-drank-DRUNK. Now, the soju concoction - SOMEONE had a real soju experience. SUCCESS. I've seen that stuff do some STRANGE things to people and this was no exception. Sprayed corn/shrimp over the side of my house about 2AM.....things get pretty fuzzy after that.

The upside is that the the lawn didn't catch fire this year...

Hmmmmm....

BDT
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Glad everyone had a fun time and hope Patricks Cherry didnt bleed too much :D:D

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I had an absolute wonderful time at Troy's house this year. It wasn't exactly the same since we were missing some regulars but I think we did ok.

It was awesome to see my other family members and to establish some new ones into the fold. It takes a couple of these to get you into the family. Micah and his super cool wife Melissa were a blasty blast....like Troy said, he married UP. George Daniel and his wife Janice dissected every rig in the house and she knows good sound for sure.

I remember washing some dishes on Saturday and someone walking up to me and dropping two "aspirin" in my hand, which I naturally popped right down the gullet. Then he says, "Oh, you probably should have just taken 1 on those...." Seriously?! Thanks for the safety briefing beforehand. Thankfully I'm still alive and don't recall being raped.

I immediately humped Troy upon arrival and Wendi and I made a pact to do shots together the entire time. We did pretty good in that and using her as a heating blanket late Saturday night was a big highlight for me :)

The Wolcott tube monoblocks were freaking amazing on the vintage Polk 2.3TL. What was equally impressive was the diminutive Polk RTiA1 bookshelf and Polk TSi500 loudspeakers on the same rig. The most surprising being the little bookshelf. The gear was not only ecclectic but well rounded. We also got to hear and touch...Quad, Consonance, Denon, Conrad-Johnson, Dodd Audio, VPI, MIT, Signal Cable, Carver, Vandersteen and a host of others.

You CANNOT ask for a better pair of hosts. Troy and Wendi continue to set the bar for these events. New Jersey better be good or some heads are going to roll.

I think the actual quote is "Put it in your mouth first and then swallow it." I know everyone heard it and it was hilarious either way. You are a dirty dirty girl Wendi.

Troy(D), Jesse(F1Nut), Ted(RT1), Steve(Shack), Scott(MLS), Ben(Strider), George(Daniel), Steve(DJ7), Lou(Ohskigod), Dave(DAGLJAM), Tom(Treitz3), Russ(Hoosier), Russ(Lightman), Dave(Fireman32)...you Polkies define what it means to be a part of this forum and our subsequent "family". Hopefully the buzz will continue and we can carry on the positive stuff into the actual user forum.

PatrickC...you knocked me out man. You never stopped having fun, pimping the ladies or said no to anything that was handed to you. You were immersed within a hardcore group of folks and you held your own...my hat is off to you sir. Please don't ban me.

Al(KAB)...I told you not to do that Soju crap and yet....well, let's just move on. Thanks for your support and to Polk overall for making the event an extra worthy event and experience. It isn't a Polkfest without you!

To all those Polk folks behind the scenes, Shelia Edwards and Toni Tucker for example, thanks so much for your continued support of these crazy events. You are as vital as the actual attendee.

Troy - I love you man.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Some more thougts from me. As always PF is an amazing time and I look foward to it every year. Troy and Wendi are one again great hosts.

We get to Troys house early friday afternoon and his garage looks like he was opening his own store. We could not walk around as there were so many boxes. Mostly from Ted who I think shipped his whole system down here to prove why tubes rule. Started drinking and the rest of the night got fuzzy.

Saturday was an awesome day. Alot of good food and drink and of course music. Patrick is no longer a PF virgin.

Steve remember your camera next year its a good thing Shack showed up with his camera.

Lightman you look good with a bra.

Untill next year when we meet in the garbage state, the armpit of america, my old home NJ. I have been to many of Lou's partys and I am sure next year he will not dissapoint anyone.
  • TroyD
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That little bookshelf speaker was freaking amazing. For those who don't think that the current Polk lineup has the chops...man, I tell you what...I was REALLY amazed.

Yes, hearing the 2.3tl's which have been dormant for the past couple of years on Ted's rig has REALLY got me jazzed about SDA again. I had actually thought about turning them....now, I'm thinking about building a rig around them again.

That's the other great thing about PF, it gets me pumped up again about the hobby.

BDT
  • TroyD
    edited November 2009
    Options
    sojushots.jpg

kettlesanyone.jpg

wtfmark.jpg
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It was good to be back at Troy and Wendi's home for PF. They are the ULTIMATE hosts! They were really missed at the last two events. They have great friends and neighbors who fit right in (now that is scary).

As everyone has said...the BEST thing about PF is getting together with your friends for a weekend...and just having fun. Music, beer, food, liquor, more food, more beer, more liquor, gear, stories, laughter, fun...you get the picture. It was an absolute blast.

Ted went above and beyond bringing a TON of great gear to the event. Tubes evidently rule...at least at PF when Ted is in charge of the gear.

We raised a bunch of money for the Githens Center by having a raffle. Polkies walked away with a pair of TSi500s, a pair of RTiA bookshelf speakers, a tuner and some other stuff. Thanks to Polk and every one who donated the prizes and all those who contributed to the cause. Lots of folks put money in the till and wanted no raffle tickets - Kudos to them!

Patrick showing up was cool. The kid can hang in there with some hardcore Polkies. We tried to get him to ban everyone that didn't show up to PF. It almost worked...then somehow he got out of the handcuffs...he never gave up his password either. Shame on Justin for never running the PF gauntlet. Hell...even Micah showed up for one...FINALLY...and that was cool as well.

Al has become one of us. We won't tell the guys at DEI ;)...we want to keep him around.

Downloading...then posting pictures during the event after several hours of drinking...with several supervisors who have been drinking more than you...was an interesting experience. It only took an hour (with several trips to the keg). The next batch I post should go much smoother.

Thanks to Polk Audio and all of those behind the scenes for supporting all of us crazy folks. We really do appreciate it...and let others know.

There are so many quotes and stories that COULD be told. Thing is...you had to be there. What happens at PF...stays at PF...sorta. If you want to know about EVERYTHING...you gotta come. See you next year.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Some very prolific posts from some genuine human beings.I just want to say,Thank you to Troy and Wendi for opening your home up to/for all of us.For those of you who did not attend,,if you hear rumors of "audio secrets" and secret signs,handshakes and fraternities,, well then you'll just have to show up and find out for yourself,,Eh?

It was just heartwarming (for me) to see/meet new friends/old friends,glad everyone made if back safely.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Patrick C wrote: »
    Hey guys Polk Fest was freakin great,

I think I am still alive....

I had a great time. Troy thanks for having me down and all the hospitality that you and Wendy showed. I truly appreciate it. I am really glad I went. Now I have a face to place with many of the names I consider banning on daily basis :)

I am no longer creeped out by most of you, which is a good thing. However lightman you still creep the hell out of :p

This is going to be one rough work week after a weekend like that.

trietz...don't worry i found my underwear

Don't ban me bro! :p

I'll take your place as youngest attendee next year. :D
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I am no longer creeped out by most of you

I guess I still have a ways to go.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney