2009 Polkfest - Nov 7/8..North Charleston SC

Options

Comments

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The Fest is rockin, the tubes are glowin, Doro's butter is gettin hard. Patrick is all we could hope for, young, tender, and eager.....a fine fellow actually, not sure if his head though is handling the liquor in the Mason Jar.

The gear is stellar, lots of good music and of course kickin it with all the Polkies. My third SC Fest at BDT's and it just keeps getting better, what a host.

FA will do her stuff today, we have a high wire being put up for a full on performance.

RT1
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Just finished about 9 pounds of pancakes. The perfect food foundation for 24 hours of drinking.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Strider, The RT55's and stands are great!
    It was great meeting you ,F1nut and Millerlightscott on your way down to the Polkfest. I now have faces and voices to go with you guys whenever I read your posts.
    The wind must have been at your back too, for you seemed to be way ahead of where I thought you'd be.

Strider, The question you had for me "is the money in the truck?" will always be an embarressment to my transaction skills.:o..
    Thank you again for being so gracious at that moment.

I learned that non-drinkers are just as welcomed as anybody at a Polkfest and I'll try real hard to attend the next one.Promise.;)

I kinda wish I was right there now telling you all this in person.

ENJOY

Great meeting you as well, Tony. As those were my first set of Polks, and first kind of hi fi gear of any kind, I'm glad they have found their way to someone who'll appreciate them.

The 'Fest is just getting started for the day, should be only about 3 hours away from you at the most, come on down. Troy and Wendi are excellent hosts, you'll have a blast!
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited November 2009
    Options
    RT,

My 10's arrive ok ? :)
    Life without music would
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Havin a rocking time at the fest. Good food good friends and good music. Troy and Wendi are awesome hosts and know how to throw a party. We raised a nice amount of money for the Githens center and I won a pair of Rti 1a's. Going back to the festivites I am getting sober sitting here in front of the computer.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That's great to hear Dave. I'm with you all in spirit.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited November 2009
    Options
    have a drink for us...!!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Having multiple drinks for everyone not here. Joe hows everything going up there? I hope Phylissann is feeling better.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Drunk with envy here. Really wanted to make it and hook up with some old friends and make some new face to face friends.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Whatever "Rockford Audio Society". If you guys had any balls you would be here. Losers.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2009
    Options
    pics or it didn't happen :p you guys know the rules. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Just added some to the post above.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the pics. Wish I was there.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Damn I'm jealous.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Troy holding court

4084090541_db096e9505_o.jpg

SDA Rig

4084848460_606cf2ac17_o.jpg

Jesse and Ted at work

4084848284_b430b296a7_o.jpg

Listening to the SDAs

4084848106_2c3bafb044_o.jpg
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • shack
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Patrick at Polkfest...before the incident...

4084089813_c0045d3ee2_o.jpg

When Ted wasn't looking...Somebody added an iPod to the rig.

4084089589_70b5c6d01a_o.jpg

The Quad rig.

4084847514_419d7d533c_o.jpg

The Amazing rig.

4084089145_05579b22c3_o.jpg

I can't believe I've been to EVERY ONE of the Polk Fest things....

4084847094_138ea459af_o.jpg

How to flatten a record.

4084088709_e9069d2614_o.jpg

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It looks like you tested out the machine out on the guy in white.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You're all banned!
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Faceman--we actually used it on several of his body parts................................one of them now strongly resembles a carpenters pencil.

RT1
  • shack
    edited November 2009
    Options
    All of you that DID NOT attend PF...you F****D up.

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Salt in the gaping wound Shack, thanks. Beleive me, some of us know how bad we've f'd up and are just trying to make things right.

Quit posting and drink more. Your post is way to coherent for this far into PF. Give Abernathy a reach around for me, he has no idea how much I miss puking in front of him off Troy's deck.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2009
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    You're all banned!
    Thanks
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    he has no idea how much I miss puking in front of him off Troy's deck.
    Sounds like good times.:)
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Where is my **** liver????

Bdt
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • TroyD
    edited November 2009
    Options
    There is an Emotiva amp in the front yard.....we pissed on the ashes. It sounded like **** on a pair of Pioneer floorstanders.....

Jesse just spit on a receiver...it would have been awesome but it was my receiver. ****.

BDT
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2009
    Options
    another polkfest comes to a close. Dave and I had a blast as usual. There was food, tunes, alcohol, leg humping, more alcohol........repeat as needed.

thanks again to Troy and Wendi for hosting us yet again.

I got a long drive tomorrow (12 hours or so) but it was worth it.

luckily I will not have so long of a drive next year, for Polkfest will take place at my Pad. Polkfest 2010....Dirty Jersey Style!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the pics shack. Everyone have a safe trip home.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Glad all you folks had a great time. Can't wait to see the rest of the pics. Safe journey home all.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • TroyD
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Holy ****...

My head is KILLING me...we blew the doors off this one. Believe it!

I think we actually did have a human sacrifice last night.

BDT
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hat is off to you Troy for hosting. I can well imagine the time and work you and your family put into this. Well done Sir.

PS - Did you ship the sacrifice home or will it remain a permanent resident somewhere on your property.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • shack
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ok...is anybody missing? Patrick are you still with us?

Troy...I think I saw your liver last night in the front yard. It was disgusting, so I doubt you want it back.