Options

Comments

• engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,654
    edited November 2009
    Options
    George's VTI's are fantastic sounding.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2009
    Options
    All,

When you get in town...just come on over. I'll be prepping/cleaning up etc....so, just come on whenever. If things aren't 'ready'...I'll put you to work.

That said....Polkfest 2009 is OFFICIALLY F*CKING HERE!!

WE ARE THE MUTHAF*CKAS!!! (some of the older guys will get that)

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Troy we will be on the way shortly. See you in a bit.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited November 2009
    Options
    All-- drive safe and smart--

Bibical Porportions,I tell you,,never in the history of Polkfest,, the local power company has a truck at Troy's disposal, with a crew on site.

Spools of exotic cable are said to be making their way there by tramp steamer.

I'm pumped.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • TroyD
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Just as a for example.....RT1 has a power cord that looks like a set of headers on a street rod.

Getting ready to assemble the Quad rig...

BDT
  • thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Pictures ! You guys have a great time, I feel like a slug for not making it.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You guys have a BLAST, I know you will.

Ted, it sounds like you brought that big **** VD cable.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited November 2009
    Options
    TroyD wrote: »
    Just as a for example.....RT1 has a power cord that looks like a set of headers on a street rod.

BDT

I put black wire ties on mine so we can tell them apart on Sunday.

Ooops, signed in under Scott's name. Those cords are strider's.......
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited November 2009
    Options
    TroyD wrote: »

BDT

I put black wire ties on mine so we can tell them apart on Sunday.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • TroyD
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hokay...The Shane Mann Memorial Auditorium is set up.....the Quads are 'on', the crappy thing is that it takes 24 hours before they are listenable. One channel is almost silent, it scares me every time but give it a day and violia....so tonight, don't get crazy about listening to the Quads.

Time to shower and run some errands!!

BDT
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Goes to show why we call him 'Big Dumb Troy'. It's not Quadfest dipshit, roll some Polks in there while the **** get cozy.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I got the 7A's ready to go...I'm WAY ahead of you there.

BDT
  • DAGLJAM6
    DAGLJAM6 Posts: 635
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Gettin' out of here (work) at noon, grabbing the Classe and some miscellaneous items.
    Troy,you got a loose iec power cord?
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I, Scroton, would like to provide tribute from the far away empire of Jersey. I would like this tribute to be given away in the form of a door prize, that requires no monetary down payment. Anyone who attends said fest should have a no-cost opportunity to secure it.

The tribute is in the form of a Sencore TC162 Tube Tester. It is a small suitcase type affair, in beautiful shape, with complete operating manual.

I will be looking around here for other suitable tribute. At the end of Polkfest, the winners name and shipping address is all I will require.
  • kab
    kab Posts: 275
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Should I bring young Partick over pre-lubricated or sober?

Al
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Al it's not going to matter, if you haven't been building up his tolerence already, he's screwed either way with this bunch.

You sould have been training him for at least the past 6 months.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'm suprised that you guys aren't drinking already.

BDT
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2009
    Options
    well, we just had a short meeting and the theme for this year's Fest is...................

Drinking.......I know big suprise.

BDT's garage looks like a plane load of hi-fi gear headed for every stereo store across the country landed and off loaded.......................its going to be extra Grand this year...

Anna says hi and cant wait to see everybody.

TLW is hotter than ever.

That is it for now.

RT1
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You guys have fun & play safe. And do try to leave TLW's house still standing around her when you leave!

Take lots of pics for those of us who couldn't make it.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited November 2009
    Options
    +1

Have fun !

I would send you a botttle to toast those of us that can`t make it, but I am not sure if you can ship 12 year old scotch....can you ?
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited November 2009
    Options
    beardog03 wrote: »
    +1

Have fun !

I would send you a botttle to toast those of us that can`t make it, but I am not sure if you can ship 12 year old scotch....can you ?

It depends on your local laws and the laws of the destination.

NJ won't let you ship booze because of taxation reasons. It has nothing to do with regulation. They just don't want you buying your booze elsewhere and **** the state out of it's "fair" share.

There is a website out there that will tell you what states do and don't allow it. I will see if I can find it but being as it's tomorrow, I doubt it'll get there in time.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Here we go! Found it!

http://www.ttb.gov/wine/control_board.shtml

Find your state in the list and the state you want to mail booze to and check the laws.

Although the USPS will not ship booze so you'll likely have to go to a private carrier liek FedEx or UPS or something.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,654
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I, Scroton, would like to provide tribute from the far away empire of Jersey. I would like this tribute to be given away in the form of a door prize, that requires no monetary down payment. Anyone who attends said fest should have a no-cost opportunity to secure it.

The tribute is in the form of a Sencore TC162 Tube Tester. It is a small suitcase type affair, in beautiful shape, with complete operating manual.

I will be looking around here for other suitable tribute. At the end of Polkfest, the winners name and shipping address is all I will require.

Wow George, that’s a very gracious gift but we should know that's how you are. Everyone have a great time and safe trips.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • TroyD
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Makers mark rules!!!!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,018
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Strider, The RT55's and stands are great!
    It was great meeting you ,F1nut and Millerlightscott on your way down to the Polkfest. I now have faces and voices to go with you guys whenever I read your posts.
    The wind must have been at your back too, for you seemed to be way ahead of where I thought you'd be.

Strider, The question you had for me "is the money in the truck?" will always be an embarressment to my transaction skills.:o..
    Thank you again for being so gracious at that moment.

I learned that non-drinkers are just as welcomed as anybody at a Polkfest and I'll try real hard to attend the next one.Promise.;)

I kinda wish I was right there now telling you all this in person.

ENJOY
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Just got back to the room. 3:00 AMish...so it was an early night. The first evening was a good start. Tomorrow should be even better. Lots of good food and beverage tonight...including some very special brew. So far we've spent some time listening to some Carver Amazings and Vandersteens powered by Ted's (what else) awesome TUBE amps. Mostly SACDs. Good stuff! Al, Mark and Patrick finally showed up...so PF 2009 has "officially" started.

If you aren't here...too bad...you should be. We'll manage to carry on without you.

More later....
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Tom and I are on our way....see ya soon!
  • Norm Apter
    Norm Apter Posts: 1,036
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If Troy doesn't mind, can someone take and post a pic of his Quad 988s. I'd love to see how these look in a listening environment. Of course, I'd love to hear how they sound but that will have to wait...
    2 Ch.
    Parasound Halo A23 Amp
    Parasound Halo P3 Preamp
    Parasound Halo T3 Tuner
    Bada HD22SE tube CD Player
    Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 antenna
    polkaudio Lsi9s (upgraded cross-overs)
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Bi-wire Interface Speaker Cables
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Interconnects (3)
    IegO L70530 Power cords (3)

HT
    Denon 2808ci AVR
    polkaudio RTi A5s (fronts)
    polkaudio RTi A1s (rears)
    polkaudio Csi A6 (center)
    Signal Cable Ultra Speaker Cables
    Signal Cable Analog II Interconnects
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,386
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Consider it done. We're outta here.......see you guys at the 'Fest!
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited November 2009
    Options
    We got in last nigt,, man,, it was like comin' home after being away for years,, good folks,good sound,good food,,South Carolina Polkie hospitality at it's finest. Troy and Wendi are just fantastic.Sincere thanks for opening your home to up to us

Tubes Rule
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)