chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'll let ya be in my dream if i can be in yours, bob dylan
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited December 2011
    Options
    "I've just seen this guy, who's going to put us all out of work, man"- Pete Townsend, to Eric Clapton, on having seen Jimi Hendrix.

Yeah, he was fookin' good:exclaim::lol:
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • chumlie
    edited December 2011
    Options
    When they asked Hendrix what its like to be the best guitarist in the world. His responce was i don't know. go ask Rory Gallagher.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,036
    edited March 2012
    Options
    "He who covers a transgression seeks love,
    But he who repeats a matter separates friends."

King Solomon - Proverbs 17:9
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,385
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Once a job is screwed up anything done to fix it makes it worse. Murphy

I have never been wrong about anything. The only time i thought i was i was mistaken!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • chumlie
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Friends come and go. Enemies last a lifetime.
  • breal74
    breal74 Posts: 324
    edited March 2012
    Options
    "Somebody's got to go back and get a **** load of dimes" Taggart
  • obieone
    edited March 2012
    Options
    breal74 wrote: »
    "Somebody's got to go back and get a **** load of dimes" Taggart

"Hello boys, Have a good nights rest? I missed you"- Governor Lepetomane

"...What am I, a wabbit?"-Lili Von Shtupp

"Where's all the white women at?"- Sheriff Bart

"little **** shot me in the a$$"- Waco Kid
  • chumlie
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Those who make peaceful revolution imposible will make violent revolution inevitable
    JFK.
  • obieone
    edited June 2012
    Options
    "I didn't get nothing. I had to pay $50 and pick up the garbage"- Arlo Guthrie, Alices Restaurant
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited June 2012
    Options
    When life hands you lemons, make grape juice and leave em' wondering how you did it.

Author: I don't know but my niece told me this and I thought it was cool.
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited June 2012
    Options
    obieone wrote: »
    "Hello boys, Have a good nights rest? I missed you"- Governor Lepetomane

"...What am I, a wabbit?"-Lili Von Shtupp

"Where's all the white women at?"- Sheriff Bart

"little **** shot me in the a$$"- Waco Kid

I think you've had enough beans already !!!!! -(Slim Pickens ?):cheesygrin:
    <iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R6dm9rN6oTs&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited June 2012
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing"....Yogi Berra

This quote was spoken by Vince Lombardi, not Yogi Berra IIRC.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • gdb
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Yeah....way too eloquent to attribute to Yogi !!
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Here are some of my favorite Yogi quotes:

A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.

All pitchers are liars or crybabies.

Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical.

Congratulations. I knew the record would stand until it was broken.

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.

He hits from both sides of the plate. He's amphibious.

How can you think and hit at the same time?

I just want to thank everyone who made this day necessary.

I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?

I never said most of the things I said.

I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question.

I'm a lucky guy and I'm happy to be with the Yankees. And I want to thank everyone for making this night necessary.

I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did.

If the world was perfect, it wouldn't be.

If you ask me anything I don't know, I'm not going to answer.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

It ain't over till it's over.

It ain't the heat, it's the humility.

It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much.

It's like deja-vu, all over again.

Little League baseball is a very good thing because it keeps the parents off the streets.

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

Slump? I ain't in no slump... I just ain't hitting.

So I'm ugly. So what? I never saw anyone hit with his face.

The future ain't what it used to be.

The other teams could make trouble for us if they win.

The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase.

There are some people who, if they don't already know, you can't tell 'em.

We have deep depth.

We made too many wrong mistakes.

When you arrive at a fork in the road, take it. The fork in the road Yogi was talking about is near Berra's home in Montclair, N. J., and both roads lead to his home. When he first said it, it was a simple set of directions to get to his house.

You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six.

You can observe a lot by just watching.

You should always go to other people's funerals, otherwise, they won't come to yours.

"Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself." -- After being told he looked cool.

"Yeah, but we're making great time!" -- In reply to "Hey Yogi, I think we're lost."
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • Jer.War
    Jer.War Posts: 180
    edited June 2012
    Options
    "You can't polish a ****"...
    unknown

"Cream always rises to the top, but turds often float"

[The Ever-Evolving System

LSI15's (PNF Symphony cabels, modded X-Over and subs), LSIC, LSI7's, Rega Apollo CDP (PNF ICON ICs, modified PS cct.), Yamaha RXV-1700 w/ ipod dock, B&K REF200.2 (fronts) Samsung BDP-1600, XBOX360, Patriot Box Office Media Player, 42" Samsung LCD.
  • gdb
    edited July 2012
    Options
    "Facts are stupid things" - Ronald Reagan (at the 1988 Republican National Convention)
  • gdb
    edited July 2012
    Options
    “When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I’m just like, ‘Oh shut up’ I’m so sick of them because they’re always complaining.” ~ Glenn Beck (The Glenn Beck Program," Sept. 9, 2005)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    edited July 2012
    Options
    "Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    edited July 2012
    Options
    "Only those afraid of the truth seek to silence debate, intimidate those with whom they disagree, or slander their ideological counterparts. Those who know they are right to have no reason to stifle debate because they realize that all opposing arguments will ultimately be overcome by fact."

Glenn Beck
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    edited July 2012
    Options
    A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I did not have sex with that woman.

Bill Clinton

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited July 2012
    Options
    gdb wrote: »
    "Facts are stupid things" - Ronald Reagan (at the 1988 Republican National Convention)
    gdb wrote: »
    “When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I’m just like, ‘Oh shut up’ I’m so sick of them because they’re always complaining.” ~ Glenn Beck (The Glenn Beck Program," Sept. 9, 2005)

It could be said that quoting people is similar to quoting the Bible. If you don't have a context to which to relate what is being said, your view of what is being said can be distorted. That is, when you quote a portion of something which is taken from a much larger whole, the true meaning of what you are quoting can be lost to the reader of the truncated quote.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • F1nut
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I'm your huckleberry

Doc Holliday

President of Club Polk

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,258
    edited July 2012
    Options
    "It's not just the heat, it's the heat AND the humidity that's getting to them".

Me. :biggrin:
    Sal Palooza
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,258
    edited July 2012
    Options
    "Never saw an outlaw drive a family from their home".

Woody Guthrie (lyric from "Baby Face Nelson", IIRC, a song he wrote after watching Communist John Steinbeck's "Grapes of Wrath" on the big screen; Woody never actually read the book).

"This land is your land, this land is my land"

Woody, again. :biggrin:
    Sal Palooza
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited July 2012
    Options
    hatred bounces ~e.e. cummings
  • nooshinjohn
    edited July 2012
    Options
    why is a thread closed when its there to educate my ****?

pfb...

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    edited July 2012
    Options
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." ---- Douglas Adams.
  • gdb
    edited October 2012
    Options
    "Syria is Iran's only ally in the Arab world," "It's their route to the sea." M.R. :eek: