Famous quotes

Options
14567810»

Comments

• decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    edited October 2012
    Options
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
    -Thomas Jefferson-
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    edited October 2012
    Options
    My personal favorite quote of all time!

dont-believe-everything-you-see-on-the-internet.jpg
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • Devlon
    Devlon Posts: 355
    edited October 2012
    Options
    "Man who live in glass house, better to dress in basement" - old Chinese Proverb
    Living Room: HK AVR 354 as pre/pro, 2 x Polk Audio Micropro 4000, Adcom GFA-7500, 2 x Mirage OMD-15
    2 x Mirage OMD-5, 1 x Mirage OMD-C1, APC H15, Sony S790, Philips 52" LCD, Beogram 3000, FAT (Firestone Audio Tobby DAC), Harmony One

Den: Sherwood R-972,as pre/pro, 2 x Velodyne SPL-1000R, 3 x Crown Drivecore XLS1500, 2 x Polk Audio Lsi9
    1 x Polk Audio Lsic, 2 x Polk Audio Lsifx, Sony S790, APC H15, Dspeaker Dual Core 2.0, W4S DAC 2, Keces DA-151
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited January 2013
    Options
    "Every time the missus puts on Katy Perry my Oppo dies a little inside." :lol: - AV forum poster
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    edited January 2013
    Options
    "I don't know why people say 'grow some balls'. Those things are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a ****. Those things can take a pounding." Betty White
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited January 2013
    Options
    man who go to bed with itchy butt... wake up with smelly finger
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited June 2013
    Options
    "Do you realize what this means?!....All I need is a healthy ovum, and I can grow my OWN Leonard Nimoy!" -Sheldon Cooper, TBBT:lol:
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Stupidity has a habit of getting its way... You don't have to like it...just have to do it!! Don't know who came up with these,but I kinda like em!!
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited June 2013
    Options
    "A foolish consistency is the hogoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen, philosophers and divines." Ralph Waldo Emerson
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• jbooker82
    jbooker82 Posts: 1,627
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Couple good ones
    This is my swing set. This is my sandbox. I'm not allowed to go in the deep end
    Fireworks make my ears yell!
    AVR: Onkyo Tx-NR808
    Amplifier: Carver A-753x 250 watts x 3
    Fronts: Polk RTI A7 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Center: CSI A4 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Rear: FXI A4
    Sub: Polk DSW Pro 660wi
    TV: LG Infinia 50PX950 3D
    Speaker Cable: AudioQuest Type 8
    IC: AudioQuest Black Mamba II
  • Tornado Red
    Tornado Red Posts: 939
    edited June 2013
    Options
    "I'm not arguing with you....I'm just explaining why I'm right."

Think I may have heard that on CP at one time :cheesygrin:
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited June 2013
    Options
    "You take moose, I'll take squirrel."

"Welcome to the desecration of Carnegie Hall." (FZ 1971)

"This next song is dedicated to the p**ck counting the overtime money backstage." (FZ 1971, after he found out he'd have to pay an additional $600 to use Carnegie Hall past midnight.)
  • obieone
    edited August 2013
    Options
    "The lottery is a tax on stupid people!"- Dave Ramsey:lol:
  • Msabot1
    edited August 2013
    Options
    The Moral Majority Is Neither......
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited August 2013
    Options
    "You take moose, I'll take squirrel."

Hey, watch what you say about moose! That hits a little too close to home!

My favorite quotation is from my high school geometry teacher who was trying to teach us how to factor quadratic equations:

"When in doubt, take something out."

Actually, my favorite quotation of all time is from Shakespeare's Macbeth:

"Will all great Neptune's ocean wash this blood
    Clean from my hand? No; this my hand will rather
    The multitudinous seas incarnadine,
    Making the green one red."

Macbeth Act 2, scene 2, 54–60
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• George Grand
    edited August 2013
    Options
    "Anybody with ability can play in the big leagues. To last as long as I did with the skills I had, with the numbers I produced, was a triumph of the human spirit."

Bob Uecker
  • Msabot1
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Wars begin long before the first shot is fired...and continue long after the last bullet has done it's job....
  • George Grand
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I thought this was supposed to be fun.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,270
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I thought this was supposed to be fun.

No fair quoting my ex-wife. :loneranger:
    Sal Palooza
  • Syndil
    Syndil Posts: 1,582
    edited August 2013
    Options
    "Carter, hand me my thinking grenades."

-Peter Griffin

RT-12, CS350-LS, PSW-300, Infinity Overture 1, Monoprice RC-65i
    Adcom GFA-545II, GFA-6000, Outlaw Audio 990, Netgear NeoTV
    Denon DCM-460, DMD-1000, Sony BDP-360, Bravia KDL-40Z4100/S
    Monster AVL-300, HTS-2500 MKII
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    edited August 2013
    Options
    "It sounds like a dryer without a funnel"
    - My Wife
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Another wife quote
    "It's 6 of one, 1/2 the other."
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2013
    Options
    "Yellow yellow."
    My wife after auditioning my new Emotiva UPA-200 amp.
  • obieone
    edited August 2013
    Options
    "Insurrection is the most sacred of the rights, and the most indispensible of duties"- Marquis de La Fayette:cool:
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,333
    edited September 2013
    Options
    by Jim Tavegia

Why do those whose best meal is fast food chose to comment about 4 star dining. It is pointless. They will never get it. I would bet that for most of them that listening to music is the 2nd or 3rd thing they are doing...not the first.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~