Definitive Technology

Options
2»

Comments

• rs159
    rs159 Posts: 1,027
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Heard it, damn near shook the drywall down. Stuff in the display case fallin over, lights rattlin, good thing i kept small children and animals out.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Check this out.......Hey Russ/Troy???We need to step in here?
    I'm feeling left out are you guys?
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • rs159
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Which svs you gettin? that $4000 unit with the 4 drivers and 135db?
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by rs159
    Which svs you gettin? that $4000 unit with the 4 drivers and 135db?

the $550 PCi

Im looking for a little more sound tha bass exstention.....I got a sub to hit to 10 hz, now I just need that.....THUMP

Man when I played I love big speakers.....We have a laundry room about....7 feet outside my room, and on a shelf are a whole bunch of game boards.....and after playing it....they all fell to the floor.....talk about a mess
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • rs159
    edited February 2003
    Options
    I have my system in a bedroom 10X11X8. I got a PSW202 to hold me over till i could get an svs. I don't what is is, but i love big speakers can make ANYTHING sound loud as hell. I know most of it's above 40hz, but DAMN...

Probly what i'll do is keep my rti28s, get another 202, put the 28s on stands on top the 202s, and use the svs 20-39 pci for deep bass duty. (When i get everything in the basement, of course). Then get the outlaw 1050 to replace my stereo receiver, then 2 RTi38s, csi40, and csi30 for surround.
  • rs159
    edited February 2003
    Options
    by the way, did any of you see my um... artistic representation of my feelings for a certain audio manufacturer in the forum test area?
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited February 2003
    Options
    bose? lol! doctor blose....lol

Man if i had my way.....id get 10 - 18 inch subs....haha
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,842
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by MxStYlEpOlKmAn

Man ill tell ya, thos klipsch on my dad's got some 15 inch drivers, and You just dont get that sound from a 6.5 inch driver...when u hear a thump from thos 15 inch drivers, it makes a 6.5 inch woofer run and hide for its momma.

Alright, just for **** and giggles let's see something.

Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL: 4 - 1" tweeters, 8 - 6.5" mid-drivers and 1 - 15" passive radiator. Overall frequency response is 10Hz - 26kHz. That's TEN Hz!!! Lower than most subs will go.

Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3TL: 3 - 1" tweeters, 6 - 6.5" mid-drivers and 1 - 15" passive radiator. Overall frequency response is 12Hz - 26kHz. That's TWELVE Hz!!! Again, lower than most subs will go.

The advantage of using the smaller drivers, coupled with the PR is faster, tighter and deeper bass with alot less distortion than is possible with a large diameter woofer. Now that you've got your learn on, who's going to run and hide??? ;)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Personally i think it'd b a even pull, not sure if u could tell the difference, the klipsch chorus II were the 3,000 dollar speaker by klipsch and the 1.2tl were the 3,000 dollar speaker from polk. They both can probally pull their own in certain areas
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited February 2003
    Options
    SLAM! and Jack Squat is out in the Snow.
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Jack squat is still hanging in, ill bring the klipsch, u bring the polk, and we'll all have fun....personally i like the polk sound more than the klipsch, so i would like polk better
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • HBombToo
    edited February 2003
    Options
    did you finish your algebra?

got your multivariable's on?

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by HBombToo
    did you finish your algebra?

got your multivariable's on?

HBomb

we doing graphing...no skool here tho.....ice all around
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • HBombToo
    edited February 2003
    Options
    ya better brush up on your english or you'll write as poorly as ME.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,842
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by HBombToo
    SLAM! and Jack Squat is out in the Snow.

:lol: HBomb's da man.

Sorry Trey, but that's too damn funny, especially if you saw all the effin snow we've got here.

As for the Klipsch, Polk shoot out, I found the Klipsch boomy in comparison. But, that's just me.

Sounds like you and your classmates are going to be spending alot of time in school this summer making up all those snow days.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by ATCVenom
    Truthfully, your system can improve 10 fold if you were to position them properly in a a different, spacious, room.

Careful ATC.......last person that told him that was perceived to be attacking his rig..........:rolleyes:
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Mx did you get some new speakers? show us some pics if you did guy. i wanna see em. take a pic of you with them..
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • JoshG
    JoshG Posts: 2
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by ATCVenom
    lol You wanna see MX with his speaks eh.

Be afraid MX, be very, very, afraid...............
    :eek:
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by mantis
    Check this out.......Hey Russ/Troy???We need to step in here?
    I'm feeling left out are you guys?

Why?

I'm not much of an expert on Def Techs. I've demoed them 3 times and really have no opinion. I wasn't floored by them and thought they were pricey.

As far as Sid goes, obviously his tastes are for loudness and bass response. Personally, how loud a speaker plays and deep bass mean little to me. Then again, he is 13. At 32, my tastes are a lot different than when I was 13.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • rs159
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    bose? lol! doctor blose....lol
    actually, i was talking about "Testing 3rd party smilies"
  • rs159
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by brettw22

Careful ATC.......last person that told him that was perceived to be attacking his rig..........:rolleyes:

I definately wasn't attacking it, it just pains me to see setups that could be 20 times better if they weren't in such a tiny room or set up wrong. Prime example: people who buy really good mini systems, only to plop the thing in a corner with the speakers a whopping 12" apart. Oh well, I guess if a minisystem is your prime source of audio enjoyment then you probably shouldn't be expected to know better. No offense MX, just trying to help.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited February 2003
    Options
    W/E yall say, my main speakers are about 10 feet apart, and my center is about 4 feet from each main. w/e u say. ATC didnt say nething bad, he just told me my rig could be better if I did this and this, he didnt slam my rig in saying it wasnt a rig.

F1 - our schol district stops counting snow days after 5 days missed, they will make us go to school on saturdays before we go during the summer.

danger - no new speaks, and no im not going to take a picture of me with my speakers....
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • TonyPTX
    TonyPTX Posts: 545
    edited February 2003
    Options
    I listened to a pair of Defin 10B's this weekend as I was doing my tower speaker shoot out. I know they weren't in the best place (position setup) for a good listening, but I wasn't overly impressed with their sound. It sounded good, don't get me wrong, but just not jaw dropping. Was was impressive was the asking price of $550 for a pair of Definative Tech 10B. Speaks were hooked up to a Pioneer Elite reciever (not sure what model)
    Damn....8 lines...I've gotta put my sig on a diet now....