Post a video... any video

Comments

• Tony MTony M Posts: 6,571
    You're fine. Yours has room to breath. ;) B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 7,576
    Worth a listen, IMO

MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
    That was some of the BEST 10+ min. of my life well spent!!!

Thank you!
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,987
    edited March 22
    Love my Subaru!

• ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,245
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
    edited March 22

YES. B)
    That guy was pretty awkward and cringe inducing, but yeah he does touch on a few points about how great the handling is and how balanced the car is.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,971
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,607
    Clipdat wrote: »
    That guy was pretty awkward and cringe inducing

Just think: A lot of that was comprised of what would be the final take. And then edited. Getting him to properly pronounce words must have been like pulling teeth.
  • mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 7,576

Something to view when things get a little slow at the office

MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
    Tony M wrote: »

YES. B)

0-60 in 7.4 seconds? My plain Jane automatic Mazda6 does 7.5...
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

If you think acceleration speed matters in this car then it's not the car for you.
    0-60 in 7.4 seconds? My plain Jane automatic Mazda6 does 7.5...

My 6 is acclaimed for it's handling as well thank you very little...

LOL, shame about that front wheel drive though.

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,005

AWD was an option
    FestYboy wrote: »

AWD was an option

Not in 2016 IIRC

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,005
    Correct.
    edited March 22
    If you had watched the video I posted, you would've heard the driver say over and over the power was lacking but he LOVED it ANYWAY!

Is there anything else about your Mazda 6 you'd like to boast about? Tire size? The inline 4? Interior superiority? Sure you have a NICE affordable sports car like the Toyota 86. I almost posted a video that directly compares the 2 cars in a head to head detailed discussion and video between two cars and drivers. It is VERY interesting. And it's funny you brought your Mazda6 into comparrison so quick.

Maybe you should post why somebody should buy your make of Mazda or just post some cool videos of what you own and love too.

I hate to say anything good about a BMW M3 convertible I drove to my absolute joy and thrills one afternoon just to have Mazda6 facts thrown onto the thread as a slap down "so what" comments.
    Post edited by Tony M on
    The Scion FR-S aka Subaru BRZ aka Toyota 86 is a car that you have to drive to understand.

Armchair skeptics on the internet love to trash it's specs like it's low HP and torque rating.

As I see mentioned on here all the time about audio gear and not worrying about specifications and instead just listening to it, I implore everyone who enjoys sports cars to actually go DRIVE one of these cars before judging it worthless because of it's SPECS.
    Tony M wrote: »
    If you had watched the video I posted, you would've heard the driver say over and over the power was lacking but he LOVED it ANYWAY!

• BlueMDPickerBlueMDPicker Old Polk Posts: 6,983
    Wow! I see a business opportunity for box truck repair...

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 19,621
    --- and/or RV A/C unit replacement
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,334
    Is it bad that I was laughing the whole way through that video?
    BlueMDPicker has the right idea lol
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,971
    Don't feel bad, I laughed too. I'd like to to pics of the warning signs on the roads around that bridge
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

I watched a box truck do exactly that one morning. The truck was doing about 25+mph. There were 2 guys in the truck. I saw it coming! I yelled at the truck driver and waved my arms but it was no use. I was on the drivers side of the road standing in a parking area. I wonder if the driver lost his job that day.

I've seen damage from drivers hitting a top box corner up front on trees branches too. They're usually heavily taped up. :s
  • BlueMDPickerBlueMDPicker Old Polk Posts: 6,983
    A little mess-up-a-truck action from a different angle.
    Two takeaways for me:

Where in the **** did they find someone willing to drive the truck??!
    Love how it turned into a Minions movie in short order. :D

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,334
    edited March 24
    Two takeaways for me:

Where in the world did they find someone willing to drive the truck??!

Woah. That does not look like a fun job. That thing got some air!
    Agree on them finding a driver. He must be paid VERY well.
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Two takeaways for me:

Where in the world did they find someone willing to drive the truck??!

Woah. That does not look like a fun job. That thing got some air!
    Agree on them finding a driver. He must be paid VERY well.

Or his next of kin gets paid VERY well. I think Dale Earnhart took a similar blow. :s
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,607
    K-Tel Mood Ring?!?!?! :D