AI-1 Dreadnought - Preliminary Results

Options
2»

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Yep it is one winding on the secondaries on the 555 center tapped, and yes I have the diagrams to set it at 120 or 240. On the secondary the resistance is just under 1 ohm, and with the primaries tied it is 1.1ohm.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited January 2009
    Options
    ben62670 wrote: »
    and with the primaries tied it is 1.1ohm.
    Tied in series or parallel?If its parallel and the DCR's are that close the inductance should be similar so it might be usable.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • ben62670
    edited January 2009
    Options
    parallel
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Systems
    edited January 2009
    Options
    parallel
    Cool,the DCR is a smig higher than recommended but it might do the trick.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • ben62670
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I just realized that using the A1 parallels the inductor that the SDA uses which is why Polk recommends a high inductance transformer. I don't think mine will work well:(
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Systems
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I just realized that using the A1 parallels the inductor that the SDA uses which is why Polk recommends a high inductance transformer. I don't think mine will work well:(
    I would expect a beefy 700-800va transformer to have high inductance as there is a lot of copper wound around that core. Find someone with an LCR meter and check both inductance of the Prim and sec.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • ben62670
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I have an inductance meter, but it reads real low inductance. I don't get it. I used a coil I have to check to make sure that it wasn't reading wrong:confused:
    Thanks
    Ben