RTi150's vs. LSi15's

2»

Comments

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited January 2003
    Thanx Dan you're the best. I don't think my homemade bi-wires are cutting it for the 9's.

Maurice
  • infinitiqx4
    infinitiqx4 Posts: 80
    edited January 2003
    I have heard the 150s in 2 different CC stores... big difference in setup. First sounded amazing. Second, horrible.

There is another option though. Get a good salesperson and tell them you're looking at both the speakers and a receiver. At least at the stores I've been to, they'll hook the speakers directly up to whatever receiver you want AND you can play with the settings ;-)

I really wish I could find a place with BOTH lsi and rti, I want to compare them side by side.

ANYBODY IN CHICAGO HAVE LSI? RTI15? I'd like to hear these in a real setting.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    edited January 2003
    The only place I know of that carries both LSi and RTi speakers is the Crutchfield store in Charlottesville, VA (the catalog company has a brick and mortar store there). I haven't been down there for a year or so, but they had a variety of good set-ups in real home theater rooms the last time I was there. I was very impressed. They also have open box returned items too. Could be worth a trip for a mid-Atlantic resident in the market for either LSi or RTi speakers.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited January 2003
    I really wish I could find a place with BOTH lsi and rti, I want to compare them side by side
    It's like a old wound that won't heal.I hope one day Polk makes an aggressive more into better retailers,then Demoing won't be such an issue.I think we all can agree that CC isn't a good place to demo.Even if they carry what your going to buy,there rooms just sound horrible.
    A side note, would be Polk getting a demo room built to there needs.Dreaming I know but would help.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • 19ram98
    19ram98 Posts: 18
    edited January 2003
    Hey if you are headed to Nebraska anytime soon, the place where I work has both the LSi and RTi lines on display. I think each speaker runs $769, for both lines.
  • stubby
    stubby Posts: 723
    edited January 2003
    Do you by chance work at NFM? I see they have both lines in their store. My inlaws live up there so I get to "visit" fairly frequently.

Stubby
    SRS 3.1TL
    Harman Kardon Citation 5.1
    Anthem AVM2

• 19ram98
    19ram98 Posts: 18
    edited January 2003
    Yep NFM it is. They also have an electronics/appliances store in Des Moines (no clue as to what they keep on stock), and are opening a larger store in K.C.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited January 2003
    I haven't been there, but I don't think the Des Moines store keeps any Polk stuff onhand.
  • jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited January 2003
    Mr. Buffet has good taste in music. I remember when NFM was a single floor furniture and carpet store. F***'N Disney world of the Mid-west now. Mrs. B took personal care of our family, Sweet old lady.
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2003
    Agreed, CC is not a great place to demo, however, I still think that Polk selling at CC is pure genius.

Matt Polk's philosophy is to put good speakers into as many homes as possible. Selling at CC makes this possible as I'm sure they sell EASILY double what they would selling at boutiques only or even Tweeter. Take Boston Acoustics, sold in Tweeter and boutique stores, Polk, I'll bet sells a hell of a lot more speakers than BA does.

The other great thing about selling at CC is the LSi. If it weren't for all those boxes moving through CC, the LSi's would either be non-existent or a LOT more expensive. Trickle-down economics, see, Reagan was right.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited January 2003
    Polk would love to be in a store like Tweeter.We have much better gear than CC not to mention better sounding sound rooms.I would like to see Polk come back home.Here in Pa,Tweeter used to be Bryn Mawr Stereo and video,Tweeter bought us,then brought Boston Acoustics with them,sad to say but they felt Polk and Boston where 2 close and Polk had to go.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.