Cheerleader beatdown

Danny Tse
Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
edited April 2008 in The Clubhouse
I can't believe there are morons such as these people....

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=4609528&page=1
Post edited by Danny Tse on

Comments

• engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited April 2008
    That is very sad stuff. Give someone a public place to show off and they will.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,185
    edited April 2008
    Those kids parents should be next. they all should get a beat down for allowing there kids to act this way. I believe 90% of what kids do comes from the home.

If that happened to one of my kids there would be hell to pay.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited April 2008
    Sickening.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • jaysonbarnett
    jaysonbarnett Posts: 257
    edited April 2008
    All of that started from MYSPACE and it is he said she said bull crap
    Audio:
    Onkyo :tx-sr805
    Polk: rti8's
    Polk: rti4's
    Polk: fxi3's
    Polk: csi'3
    Velodyne: VRP 1200
    Epik: Caliber
    Video:
    Panasonic:TH-42PX60U 42"Plasma
    Power Conditioner:
    Monster Power
    : HTS 3600 MKII Home Theater
    Dvd:
    Sony: BDP-350
    Game Systems
    WII
    PS3
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2008
    Holy crap. I saw another story on this and the defense attorney thought community service and counseling was a fit punishment. Goes right up there with time out.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • noimposse
    noimposse Posts: 264
    edited April 2008
    Thats pretty messed up. I did some pretty stupid things when I was 16, but they don't even compare to this...
    Ghetto Rig
    Power: HK AVR245.
    Screen: LG 24" 1080p.
    Speaks: Rti4.
    Source: PC. PS3. Xbox360.
    Cables: BlueJeans. Monoprice.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited April 2008
    I saw an interview this morning with the mom (of the beaten girl) and someone from the police. The cop said not one of the 8 that were involved in the beating showed one bit of remorse. He said most of them were joking and saying things like..."Well, i guess we're going to miss spring break now. Oh well."

They need to hit everyone one of them with maximum felony charges and to do time. Ya wanna do stupid **** like that, ya do the time then. Maybe when actual jail time hits, then it will sink in. Then again, maybe it won't.
    No excuses!
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited April 2008
    I can't imagine being a parent and having that happen to my daughter. I would bludgeon each and every one of those kids to within an inch of their lives.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited April 2008
    Word.
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,845
    edited April 2008
    engtaz wrote: »
    That is very sad stuff. Give someone a public place to show off and they will.

engtaz

way beyond sad...they beat her the first time till she passed out and then beat her again as she came to.....
  • jaysonbarnett
    jaysonbarnett Posts: 257
    edited April 2008
    this crap happens ever day
    Audio:
    Onkyo :tx-sr805
    Polk: rti8's
    Polk: rti4's
    Polk: fxi3's
    Polk: csi'3
    Velodyne: VRP 1200
    Epik: Caliber
    Video:
    Panasonic:TH-42PX60U 42"Plasma
    Power Conditioner:
    Monster Power
    : HTS 3600 MKII Home Theater
    Dvd:
    Sony: BDP-350
    Game Systems
    WII
    PS3
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2008
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,448
    edited April 2008
    Eh, I'd take all 8 of them out back and introduce them to Mister .45. There's no need for any of them to reproduce. End of story and a huge savings of taxpayer money.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,601
    edited April 2008
    Typical. Too full of themselves to realize how serious this is, and
    they made the job of convicting them easy. Videotape and stupidity
    go hand in hand. I don't see how they think that this is just going to
    go away. If they don't get jail, the civil lawsuit will destroy them and their
    families.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited April 2008
    I'm with F1 on this one... Let me know where and you can use my trusty Glock .40 cal as well. Just don't do it too fast now, start with the feet...

Hope they get 10+ years. That will teach them... maybe.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• kingtut
    kingtut Posts: 813
    edited April 2008
    Canning the attackers (like the they did to the teen in Singapore), then long jail sentences to set examples to prevent other kids from doing the same damage.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited April 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    I would bludgeon each and every one of those kids to within an inch of their lives.
    F1nut wrote: »
    Eh, I'd take all 8 of them out back and introduce them to Mister .45. There's no need for any of them to reproduce. End of story and a huge savings of taxpayer money.
    MrNightly wrote: »
    I'm with F1 on this one... Let me know where and you can use my trusty Glock .40 cal as well. Just don't do it too fast now, start with the feet...
    Hope they get 10+ years. That will teach them... maybe.
    kingtut wrote: »
    Canning the attackers (like the they did to the teen in Singapore), then long jail sentences to set examples to prevent other kids from doing the same damage.

Bunch of flaming liberals.

Well .... okay, maybe for those punks.

As to the "parents" ? Well, I can't help but think of an infamous line from the movie, "Hellraiser":

"Welcome to Oblivion".
    Sal Palooza
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2008
    Polk County beatdown.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited April 2008
    I saw an interview with the mother of one of the girls who hosted the girls. She was DEFENDING the attackers. Lets you know the fruit....
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited April 2008
    We always think that women or in this case girls are less violent than men.

However, there have been studies that show that isn't the case. The number of domestic violent incidents between **** women is just as high as between married couples.

But I just love all the suggestions to take them out back and give them a wippin with a gun.

That would teach them a new lesson.

Stopping violence with more violence doesn't sound like a sound idea to me, but I could be wrong. You can punish some one with out drawing blood. If these grils had used other options to punish that girl there would be no news story here. And if these were boys there would be no story here.

I bet there is much more to this story.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2008
    eye for an eye.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited April 2008
    bikezappa wrote:

I doubt it...unless you consider the fact that they are a bunch of over-indulged, poorly parented ****, with the morals, decency and common sense of a maggot...much more info.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • bobman1235
    edited April 2008
    bikezappa wrote: »
    We always think that women or in this case girls are less violent than men.

However, there have been studies that show that isn't the case. The number of domestic violent incidents between **** women is just as high as between married couples.

But I just love all the suggestions to take them out back and give them a wippin with a gun.

That would teach them a new lesson.

Stopping violence with more violence doesn't sound like a sound idea to me, but I could be wrong. You can punish some one with out drawing blood. If these grils had used other options to punish that girl there would be no news story here. And if these were boys there would be no story here.

Two things.

One, I have no idea what studies you're looking at. To say that in general women are just as likely to be violent offenders as men is patently insane. Domestic violence is a very, very small subset of violence as a whole, and a bunch of cheerleaders kidnapping and beating a fellow cheerleader is not domestic violence.

TWO, I don't think anyone here thinks physically punishing the girls responsible would "cure" them, but it should would be satisfying. And, as at least I said, if I was a PARENT of one of these girls, I wouldn't be looking to rehabilitate them, just to punish them. Badly.
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited April 2008
    I have no problem with a one on one fist fight, but crap like this is... well I can't even put it into words.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited April 2008
    Man . . . I've been in some fights as a younger kid, but I never took it so far as to give someone a concussion and hearing loss. That is just insane. Even where I have gotten my **** kicked, it was nothing but bruises.

Also, what kind of f-ing cowards have a gang fight. That is just lame. I hope the prosecutor does the right thing and nails them hard and fast. I want to see those girls with the animals in the women's prisons.

Finally, why no conspiracy charges? That would ratchet the likely conviction and punishment way up.
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited April 2008
    Two things.

TWO, I don't think anyone here thinks physically punishing the girls responsible would "cure" them, but it should would be satisfying. And, as at least I said, if I was a PARENT of one of these girls, I wouldn't be looking to rehabilitate them, just to punish them. Badly.

I disagree. My dad only hit me once in my life when I picked a fight over a stupid matter. I never did it again. And, I sure as hell didn't come back at my dad or retaliate on someone else. If done right and if you educate the person receiving the beatdown about why they need it, then I believe success rates would be good.
  • bikezappa
    edited April 2008
    Two things.

One, I have no idea what studies you're looking at. To say that in general women are just as likely to be violent offenders as men is patently insane. Domestic violence is a very, very small subset of violence as a whole, and a bunch of cheerleaders kidnapping and beating a fellow cheerleader is not domestic violence.

Bobman, I don't remember the source of the story. I will try and get more information.

And you are right, domestic violence isn't cheerleader kidnapping and beating.
    I mentioned it to show that women can be violent to other women also.

This incident to me indicates that something went wrong a long time ago with these girls and their family. I don't know what went wrong but it is frightening.
  • bikezappa
    edited April 2008
    Bobman

Here is a link. There are many others. I was shocked by this information also.

http://www.aardvarc.org/dv/****.shtml

Maybe the pretty little girls aren't such pretty little girls.
  • bobman1235
    edited April 2008
    SolidSqual wrote: »
    I disagree. My dad only hit me once in my life when I picked a fight over a stupid matter. I never did it again. And, I sure as hell didn't come back at my dad or retaliate on someone else. If done right and if you educate the person receiving the beatdown about why they need it, then I believe success rates would be good.

Once in your life? You got off easy....

Anyway, the point is it takes more than one good beating, especially as late in life as these girls are, to change someone. It takes an entire childhood of good parenting. If by high school you think it's a good idea to gang up on and beat a girl for fun, a beating ain't gonna cure you.
    bikezappa wrote:
    And you are right, domestic violence isn't cheerleader kidnapping and beating.
    I mentioned it to show that women can be violent to other women also.

I don't think anyone disagrees on that, but your original post said that women are JUST as violent as men, which is just patently false.
    SOURCE: U.S DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE -- BUREAU OF JUSTICE STATISTICS
    Inmates in State, Federal, and Local Jails by Age as of June 30, 2000

MALE

White          Black
         Age         Total *    Non-Hispanic   Non-Hispanic    Hispanic

Total     1,775,700     663,700        791,600       290,900
          18-19        81,300      26,200         36,700        15,600
          20-24       310,100      99,500        142,800        60,000
          25-29       329,900     104,900        160,200        58,400
          30-34       334,000     125,000        149,700        54,800
          35-39       294,100     116,200        136,100        39,600
          40-44       198,300      81,300         83,400        31,200
          45-54       164,500      77,900         62,200        22,200
    55 or older        51,300      29,500         13,300         7,800

FEMALE

White          Black
        Age        Total *     Non-Hispanic   Non-Hispanic   Hispanic

Total     156,200        63,700         69,500       19,500
          18-19       3,900         1,900          1,400          500
          20-24      19,600         8,300          7,400        3,500
          25-29      30,000        11,200         13,500        4,000
          30-34      39,100        15,000         19,400        4,100
          35-39      30,700        12,500         14,400        3,300
          40-44      17,000         7,200          7,500        1,900
          45-54      12,100         5,600          4,500        1,700
    55 or older       2,700         1,800            800          200

• wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited April 2008
    They should have their pom poms put in a vice.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.