Cheerleader beatdown

2»

Comments

• bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited April 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone disagrees on that, but your original post said that women are JUST as violent as men, which is just patently false.

I'm wrong. Thanks for being polite. Men are more violent.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited April 2008
    My dad hit me a few times when I was younger, hit my mom a few times too. Then I got a little older and a little bigger. He got into a fight with my mom and I ended up on top of him kicking his ****.

Violence doesn't belong in the home at all, whether it's domestic violence or used as a punishment. There are other ways to punish a child besides hitting them. Hitting those girls isn't going to change anything about them. It's kind of sad to see people defending violence here because some think it's necessary or OK if done correctly, that's just ignorant.
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited April 2008
    Hitting them hard with the law is much more effective than a physical beatdown - they'll only realize it when they're older.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,448
    edited April 2008
    My dad hit me a few times when I was younger, hit my mom a few times too.

Hit or whacked on the butt? Big difference.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Airplay355
    edited April 2008
    I know the difference and I was hit, c'mon....
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited April 2008
    They're being charged as adults(GOOD!), and from what I heard on the radio, the Polk Co. Sheriff is a BAD ****(GOOD again!)
    I hope they get they're f*cking heads stomped!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • F1nut
    edited April 2008
    Airplay355 wrote: »
    I know the difference and I was hit, c'mon....

I'm sorry you were hit, that can't be easy to deal with and makes your position understandable. I see no problem with a whack on the butt from time to time, really let's the kid know they've effed up. I'll bet not one of those 8 ever got their butts whacked.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Airplay355
    edited April 2008
    I'm pretty sure the parenting these girls received lacked much more then butt whackings and I doubt getting beat up themselves would make them change how they felt about beating up that girl.

I'm glad they are being charged as adults and I hope they get a very severe punishment but I wouldn't agree with letting the parents beat them or whatever. That video is extremely heartbreaking/sickening and there's nothing she could have said on myspace or facebook that would have warranted a beating like that.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited April 2008
    I think it's mostly a reflection of today's society's disregard for the value of life anymore.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • obieone
    edited April 2008
    EPA should charge the parents for producing HAZMAT!!!
  • Rays_Fan
    Rays_Fan Posts: 7
    edited April 2008
    We have talked about it at work. This is very sad.

Rays_Fan
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited April 2008
    **** **** ****. the real punishment would be to tie these **** down and let this girl take free shots like they did to her.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • obieone
    edited April 2008
    I saw on Geraldo last nite-I NEVER watch this guy- that the families are being treatened.
    I thought you couldn't publish names of minors involved in crimes? Media down there must want to STRING these kids up! How refreshing!

I also heard that Dr. Phil bailed out the ring leader. What a complete f*cking LEECH!!!
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,601
    edited April 2008
    obieone wrote: »
    I saw on Geraldo last nite-I NEVER watch this guy- that the families are being treatened.
    I thought you couldn't publish names of minors involved in crimes? Media down there must want to STRING these kids up! How refreshing!

They posted themselves on the internet. They are cheerleaders.
    I'm sure it didn't take long for a lot of people to put names to the faces.
    That's what is so stupid about some people. If you put it on the internet,
    everyone knows your business.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited April 2008
    I thought you couldn't publish names of minors involved in crimes?

I'll bet being tried as adults nullifies the minor confidentiality thing.

It'll be interesting to see how tough they are when they're all in adult lock-up
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited April 2008
    The writing is on the wall but not everyone can see it.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited April 2008
    Just watching this on the news as I type this. Apparently all eight teenagers involved, regardless of age or extent of involvement, will be tried as adults and all face a maximum time of life in prison.

Several of them were also still laughing/giggling about in court during the hearing!!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • F1nut
    edited April 2008
    Bravo!

President of Club Polk

• xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited April 2008
    Do you think the footage of them giggling is older footage? The clips I have seen lately, they seem ti finally get it that they are in trouble.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,601
    edited April 2008
    Their pictures and names are in the Dallas newspaper.
    I guess it all over. They are going to be charged as adults.
    And if they don't plea bargain, it will be a quick trial.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited April 2008
    Seems Dr. Phil's television staff bailed out the so-called ring leader. They are now backpeddling...saying a "low level producer" went against rules to bail the **** out in order to get an exclusive interview...but it just goes to show how much of a whack-job this idiot really is.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited April 2008
    My son told me that Dr. Phil is getting a divorce.

Somehow ..... and I shouldn't feel this way .... I ...... feel better knowing that.

:o
    Sal Palooza
  • obieone
    edited April 2008
    Ofcourse he's getting divorced! He's on T.V. telling everyone ELSE how to FIX their problems! Makes perfect SENSE!:D