LSi9 owners - please show your speaker stand

Options
13»

Comments

• be83663
    be83663 Posts: 192
    edited April 2008
    Options
    True, you seem to know well about the cement. :) Yes it was very dusty when a puff of air came out with cement stuff from a corner of a bag when I was carrying it.
    I mixed it with water. Nothing leaked and everything is hardened. It is heavy but not so that I can't carry it around with ease. Each stand will probably weigh less than 10 lbs. more than the stand alone.
    I just wanted to try something new! Thanks! ;)
  • mightymouse
    mightymouse Posts: 254
    edited April 2008
    Options
    I knew it was you! And another LSi9 owner! What a small world!:D

Here, take a look at the pictures posted in this post,

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showpost.php?p=832682&postcount=30

The ones pictured are the Target HR70 stands. IMO, the stands and the speakers go pretty well together.

Keep in mind that the bottom plate of the HR70 is about a third larger than the bottom plate of the MR28.

I think you should be fine with either the HR70 or the MR28. You should fill your stands up with dried play sand. After that, the stands will be rock steady.

And oh, when I was ordering my stands from audioadvisor, I called them up, showed them the much lower price from audio-direct, haggled a bit, and then finally got the price down to $299 for a pair of MR28 shipped. Not as good as the audio-direct price. But the extra $20 is worth the peace of mind.

The Atlantis Reference stands are more massive than the Target MR stands. The top and bottom plates are also a bit larger.

dvdit wrote: »
    ^^^Yeah, same dvdit from AA. The thing is, my wife wants to see the stand with the speaker mounted. I already have a VTI 31" stand but they look very skinny and a bit too high. I bought the stands for surround speakers a while back. I am still not quite sure I would keep the Lsi9, it all depends on the performance of the LSic which I haven't purchased yet. If I decided to keep it I want the best looking and very stable stand for it. BTW, I bought the Lsi9 and the Revel F32 and C32 at the same time and driven by my Proceed amp, I find the Lsi9 very musical. So much so I am going to return the $6000.00 Revels back to the dealer if the performance of the Lsic is on par with the Revel C32. I just wish I could accommodate another Lsi9 as a center. What a fantastic speaker.
  • dvdit
    dvdit Posts: 16
    edited April 2008
    Options
    Thanks, mightymouse.
  • mightymouse
    mightymouse Posts: 254
    edited April 2008
    Options
    Always a pleasure to help out a fellow LSi9 owner!:D