Would you like to have lunch with Catherine Bell?

Danny Tse
Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
Since you lost out on getting within 10 ft of Scarlett Johannson, would you rather have lunch with Catherine Bell of "JAG" fame? Don't know who she is? I think you guys can google up a pic of her ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Have-lunch-with-Actress-Catherine-Bell_W0QQitemZ190204653803QQihZ009QQcategoryZ16071QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Post edited by Danny Tse on

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited March 2008
    Always liked her,but really,what the hell are you gonna talk about? "Hi,I am so and so and I want to get in your pants under this table right now."

At least with my wife,I can have that conversation.......:D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited March 2008
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited March 2008
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited March 2008
    She's hot alright! She's not "spend $2k to have lunch with her" hot.
    No excuses!
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited March 2008
    Caveat Emptor:

"CODE OF CONDUCT The winning bidder is expected to conduct himself or herself with proper decorum during the experience"

There's always has to be a catch.

:(
    Sal Palooza
  • BaggedLancer
    edited March 2008
    Do you think the celebrities get down on themselves if they don't sell for as much as someone else?

I think it would be awesome if everyone just didn't bid and a celebrity didn't sell cause he/she got no bids. Talk about feeling bad about yourself.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited March 2008
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Ain't none of them worth blowing that kind of money on. Meet n Greet, dinner or even boning the chick....ain't worth that kind of loot. In the end, she's just another hot chick, no more no less.

I've seen hotter at the stripclub!

////
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited March 2008
    Do you think the celebrities get down on themselves if they don't sell for as much as someone else?

I think it would be awesome if everyone just didn't bid and a celebrity didn't sell cause he/she got no bids. Talk about feeling bad about yourself.

BINGO! I'd love to see someone(NOT Ms. Bell) get a top bid of like $50.
    They ALL need to get OVER themselves, BIGTIME!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • BaggedLancer
    edited March 2008
    obieone wrote: »
    BINGO! I'd love to see someone(NOT Ms. Bell) get a top bid of like $50.
    They ALL need to get OVER themselves, BIGTIME!

Egg Zachery.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2008
    Why don't you guys get over yourselves!

There are plenty of celebs that do this kind of thing for charity which is why she is doing this.

What do you think Dancing with the Stars is all about?

This is simply their way of giving something back to society for their good fortune.

There are also plenty of people who would like to meet there favorite actor/actress & get to know a little bit about the person behind the role they saw them in.

I think I will probably faint the day one of you "men" start a thread like this & it doesn't come down to the lowest garbage factor.:rolleyes:

You and a guest will enjoy an exciting one-hour lunch with the stunning Catherine Bell, who won the hearts of millions of fans while portraying Marine Corps attorney, Lt. Colonel Sarah 'Mac' MacKenzie, on the hit television series JAG. Ms. Bell also appeared in Universal’s mega-hit film Bruce Almighty opposite Jim Carrey. Lunch will be at a Los Angeles area restaurant, at a time and date to be determined. No alcohol will be served at this event. The winning bidder must agree to submit to a mandatory background check before the lunch can be scheduled. CIS of Greater Los Angeles will work with the winning bidder and Ms. Bell to determine an agreed-upon time and date for the lunch. Travel arrangements for this experience are the responsibility of the winner. This lunch will benefit Communities In Schools of Greater Los Angeles and a portion of the proceeds will be shared with Criminon, an international nonprofit organization, which addresses the cause of criminality and seeks to rehabilitate inmates.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2008
    Good clean GUY fun Cath. Let it go.
  • obieone
    edited March 2008
    Maybe she is doing this for right reasons. OR maybe she's feeding her own EGO!
    I, personnally, am tired of Hollywood trying to impress us with their JUDGEMENT!
    If Angelina wants to impress me, she can liquidate her assets, leave Hollywood, and do a 4 year stint in the PEACECORPS!
    Until that time, she's a friggin' HYPOCRITE! And her nonsense is falling on my DEAF ears!
    Same thing goes for Madonna, George Clooney, etc.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited March 2008
    ....what about Steve Guttenburg, Treat Williams, and that one guy from Breakin' 2: Electric Bugaloo? I don't trust their agendas. Not a bit.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • wizzy
    wizzy Posts: 867
    edited March 2008
    Well, it is a charity event. If it was just paying that person for lunch, screw that. Even if I was filthy rich. Now if I was filthy rich, and I wanted to meet them, and the money goes to a worthy cause - then sure, maybe.
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited March 2008
    yoda-2.jpg
    Bid for her, I will not.
  • cfrizz
    edited March 2008
    :confused: Uhh just what does Angelina, or Madonna, or George Clooney have to do with what Catherine Bell having lunch with someone with the proceeds going to charity?

Now there is nothing wrong with disagreeing with any actors political stance etc. But again, nothing political was mentioned in this CHARITY auction.

You need to stop making judgement calls on EVERY famous person just because you disagee with a few personal opinions.

I'm for giving a person the benefit of the doubt until they prove that they have an agenda to push.:rolleyes:
    obieone wrote: »
    Maybe she is doing this for right reasons. OR maybe she's feeding her own EGO!
    I, personnally, am tired of Hollywood trying to impress us with their JUDGEMENT!
    If Angelina wants to impress me, she can liquidate her assets, leave Hollywood, and do a 4 year stint in the PEACECORPS!
    Until that time, she's a friggin' HYPOCRITE! And her nonsense is falling on my DEAF ears!
    Same thing goes for Madonna, George Clooney, etc.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2008
    ....what about Steve Guttenburg, Treat Williams, and that one guy from Breakin' 2: Electric Bugaloo? I don't trust their agendas. Not a bit.

You said a mouthful ZB. If I ever see Boogaloo Shrimp or Shabba-Doo again, I will freak out and start elbowing people. That **** Lucinda Dickey can just go to hell!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited March 2008
    Ahh yes, the reason why I watched JAG. She is absolutely stunning.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2008
    Im with Cathy on this one. I dont see anything wrong with what Bell is doing. This isnt her promoting a new movie or something just her trying to do something for charity. I dont see where she's preaching or judging anybody at all. And its not some stupid politically charged statement like global warming or something mindless like that and its not a star studded event with tons of press.

Ive always liked Bell. I think she's one of the most beautiful women on earth and if I had a few thousand dollars lying around Id bid in a heartbeat. I for one think it would be pretty cool to hang out with her for an hour or so.........even if she is fully clothed. :D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2008
    If I had a few thousand dollars laying around? I'd spend it on myself and think about charity when I had tens of thousands of dollars laying around. F her.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • obieone
    edited March 2008
    Catherine Bell, or her politics have nothing to do with my rant. I actually like Bell, based on what interviews I've seen of her.
    My beef is with the way the media, and the populace in general make these people out to be Mother Theresa.
    I actually hope she generates more $ than Scarlett.
    Let me explain my POV: These people get TONS of $ to: PRETEND! They're just modern day, overpaid 'court jesters' , who, are about to go on STRIKE!
    Not that I give a f*ck! It just seems to me these people are SPOILED, by getting paid millions, being told REPEATEDLY that their **** smells like Lilac's and then, they want MORE? WTF!?
    My rant was misplaced. It should have been on Scarlett's thread.
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited March 2008
    I'll have lunch with her if she doesn't know the difference between food and sex ;)
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited March 2008
    I think it's just fine. It would be especially fine if she didn't mind at all when she tried to walk out of the restaurant with me attached to her leg like a suckerfish on glass.
  • cfrizz
    edited March 2008
    ROTFLMAO!!!:eek: :D I can always rely on you to crack me up George!:D
    I think it's just fine. It would be especially fine if she didn't mind at all when she tried to walk out of the restaurant with me attached to her leg like a suckerfish on glass.
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited March 2008
    .... and that one guy from Breakin' 2: Electric Bugaloo? I don't trust their agendas. Not a bit.

Which one Turbo or Ozone? :)

And Catherine? HELL YEAH!
    Venom
  • BaggedLancer
    edited March 2008
    THe pics on the auction aren't that great so here are some more:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=Catherine+Bell&um=1&ie=UTF-8
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited March 2008
    "Would you like to have lunch with Catherine Bell?"

Why, yes. As a matter of fact I would. She can take me out any time she wants but she needs to know I'm married first and that I'm not easy for that reason. :p:D
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,185
    edited March 2008
    Didn't she play in a Highlander movie? Kate I believe she played with Duncan???
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited March 2008
    If anyone knows the answer to that question, its Macleod.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • cubdog
    cubdog Posts: 835
    edited March 2008
    Scientologist?

cubdog
    Shuguang Classic S8MK
    Emotiva XDA-2
    Bel Canto M300 mono blocks
    Bel Canto DAC 1.5
    Squeezebox Touch