Losing Job

13»

Comments

• The Judge
    The Judge Posts: 60
    edited February 2008
    I guess you can attack me personally about my name if that makes you feel more like a man.

Yes, I did say you are mean spirited because of what you said. Nowhere in my response did I take up for "Ron", I did however take up for the unemployed people in the USA that you refer to as leeches. I did not derail this thread, you and Ron did, you said something that I thought came from an Ape's ****, so I replied.

Don't put words in my mouth as you have Garbage spewing from yours and I take offense to what you said. I called you on it and did not take up for anyone so look before you shoot off your big fat face.

Yes, I am new here but I didn't wade in, as you say, I jumped in with both feet. I do not have to sit and watch from the sidelines when trash talkers like you think you can say anything they like without rebuttal. And I don't think I need you to educate me about anything since you seem to be the one that can't stay on topic.

Have a nice day
  • movtarget
    movtarget Posts: 125
    edited February 2008
    Dave,

During the transition to your "new and improved" career, bear in mind that 1-2 months of gap in your resume will pass HR and potential employer screening, but if the hunt stretches into a third month, hit the professional temp agencies and try to land something that will bolster your resume, especially if you are trying to shift career lines.

Having a job (even a temp job) not only looks good to a potential employer, but it helps with that unidentifiable level of confidence in an interview... no matter how much you try to cover up a feeling of desperation for "the next job", it will still come through. During my job hunt in 2006, once I started a temp project manager job, and listed the temp job on my resume, the amount of phone responses to resume submission tripled.

Good luck. If you want resume review/critique (I have no retail experience, but I've interviewed/hired/managed manager-level staff) PM me.

Movtarget
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited February 2008
    Unemployment payments has it's place,but 6 months is too long,and now they extended it to 9 months and congress wants to make it even longer.The cost gets passed to the last employer,gee,makes you want to hire a bunch of people doesn't it.:rolleyes:
    For me,I'm tired of working my **** off to pay for deadbeats.This whole notion of re-distributing wealth is B.S.Thats all welfare is really.For all those that own a buisness,wait....Mr.Obamma or Hillary will make sure you go out of buisness.
    Here in Chicago,our great mayor has decided to get the utility companies to wipe clean all outstanding bills for 3700 cha residents.Do you think the utility companies are taking it on the chin?No...instead they raise rates on everyone else to cover this and other welfare programs.My electric and gas bill have doubled in the last 4 months.Real world dollars,both have averaged 125$ each in the winter months,now,they hang at 250$ each a month.Thats not small change.And given the likes of what Obamma or Hillary are proposing,you can see the anger myself and JD,feel about welfare.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited February 2008
    Do those feelings also apply to corporate welfare ?

:rolleyes:

And Tony, when Ameren raised your electric rates in Illinois, they raised them to what we've been paying on this side of the river for years.

.....guess we've been subsidizing you guys, I'd say.

;)

But, not to worry: Ameren is going to be raising our rates over here again, to help pay for the Taum Sauk reservoir debacle.
    That's the one where 4 million cubic feet of water was released in 12 minutes from a breach in the dam.

Sure, the techs on the ground had been raising the alarm about water breeching the lip of the dam for some time (faulty level sensors), but ......

Hopefully rates won't rise too much, though. Ameren is laying off grunts on the ground to meet earnings expectations, so I rest at night knowing that the operation is in good hands.

:)
    Sal Palooza
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited February 2008
    Yes,those feelings also apply to corporate welfare,big time.Sorry,not up to speed on the reservoir thing.We have ComED on this side.Getting freakin' crazy,by the time I retire,my utility bills will have become another mortgage.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2008
    daboyz,

Good luck in your job search, I'm sure things will work out of the best.

Extending UI benefits past six months is pointless.

One, if you are employable, you won't need six months anyway.

Two, your benefit amount is dependant on your income and either way, it's not enough to live on. An ancilliary issue is taxation, it's taxable but taxes aren't witheld so it generally **** you at tax time.

Three, it isn't completely employer funded. It's more complicated than that. Employers are taxed at a rate that depends on a number of factors.

My wife has been dealing with this for 17yrs and is a regional UI tax auditor for the state, so her info is pretty accurate.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited February 2008
    ^^^what Troy said..!!

Good luck on your Job search.....I may be joining that search soon enough..

Ron,
    YOU SUCK

now go away
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited February 2008
    You know, this thread would only be a page and a half long if it wasn't for the political BS and bickering?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited February 2008
    beardog03 wrote: »

Ron,
    YOU SUCK

now go away

FORUM RULES

4) No fighting. Personal attacks, trouble making, inappropriate language, or any threatening or offensive behavior will not be tolerated.

VERY IMPORTANT...

If you have a problem with another member's comments in a posted thread, DO NOT respond with any further comments that will aggravate the situation. Members have two options of recourse....

Email the moderators, directing them to the individual and thread that the problem occurs in.
    Resolve the problem between both of you via PERSONAL email.
    Reacting to a hostile post with more hostility puts YOU in jeopardy, and risks your account from being deleted. To be objective and fair about situations where forum members are attacking each other, BOTH members' accounts will be removed from our forum (and no, we don't care who started it).
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2008
    Daboyz: Glad to see you're not falling into the "Wo is me, I'm a victim" philosophy of many others in the same predicament. My guess is you'll come out better on the otherside.

BDT: Right on the mark again
    Jstas: Ditto that....
    Bear: Watch out, you might be called "mean spirited" by a newbie!

rskarvan wrote: »
    Yet another mean spirited post from jdhdiggs.

Another informative, on topic post by Ron :rolleyes:
    The Judge wrote: »
    I guess you can attack me personally about my name if that makes you feel more like a man.

Yes, I did say you are mean spirited because of what you said. Nowhere in my response did I take up for "Ron", I did however take up for the unemployed people in the USA that you refer to as leeches. I did not derail this thread, you and Ron did, you said something that I thought came from an Ape's ****, so I replied.

Don't put words in my mouth as you have Garbage spewing from yours and I take offense to what you said. I called you on it and did not take up for anyone so look before you shoot off your big fat face.

Yes, I am new here but I didn't wade in, as you say, I jumped in with both feet. I do not have to sit and watch from the sidelines when trash talkers like you think you can say anything they like without rebuttal. And I don't think I need you to educate me about anything since you seem to be the one that can't stay on topic.

Have a nice day

How's it going kettle, you and Ron should get along swimingly. Both always playing the victim card when, in fact, you are the ones starting something.

Can't stay on topic? Go look at my original post: 100% on topic. Who was the one bringing politics into this? (Hint: Ron) Who was the one bringing completely bogus information into the thread? (hint: Ron) Whose the person with NO posts on topic and only contain personal attacks (Hint: TheJudge)... Just outstanding common sense and logic there with aboslutely no hypocracy at all... :rolleyes:

Don't like what I am saying? Here's an idea, put me on ignore...
    FORUM RULES

VERY IMPORTANT...

If you have a problem with another member's comments in a posted thread, DO NOT respond with any further comments that will aggravate the situation. Members have two options of recourse....

Ever care to follow your own advice?
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    Ron, you have violated all of these rules consistently. Again, pot, kettle, black.

Go get laid or something. Quit bugging us and stop derailing thread after thread. All you do is blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah and you know what?

It gets old after a while. Try talking about audio and you might just gain a friend here.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited February 2008
    Dave, best wishes in your hunt for a new job.

Resolve the problem between both of you via PERSONAL email.

Funny stuff coming from someone who has their email option turned off.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    edited February 2008
    I sent a PM to Justin.

This is BS, if the rest of us have to behave and so forth and Skarvan can go around openly stirring the **** pot with no fear or reprisal...wtf.

I've about had it here, to be honest.

BDT
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited February 2008
    Best of luck in your job search Dave.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited February 2008
    dB, best wishes to you bro...

One word.....

AFLAC!!!
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    TroyD wrote: »
    I've about had it here, to be honest.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63352&highlight=I+miss+Club+Polk

Seems you are not the only one. The knowledge, experience, and wisdom are slowly fading and for what? Political correctness and whatever drives the powers that be into making the decisions they make?
    As far as the PC'ness. Eh, it is what it is. Work within the framework you are given. It's not that bad.
    Hmmmm. Are you sure?

I miss Club Polk and Daboyz, best of luck to you bro'. Prayers sent.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • vonnie123
    vonnie123 Posts: 326
    edited February 2008
    Good luck to you DB...
    [
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited February 2008
    Point well made.

The main thing here is getting daboyz back to work before he turns into Freddy the Freeloader (archaic reference there).

Remember, and it's no BS: It's ALL good if you let it.

Now .... get to work !!
    Sal Palooza
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited February 2008
    Daboyz... here is a good job-hunting tip. Work closely with recruiters. Always be helpful and available to recruiters. A good recruiter works closely with HR professionals. Often times, HR outsources nearly all their work to recruiters. Head-hunters have taken on a larger role than before. Treat them like gold - because, they often are the link to the gold.

Re: Political correctness (being polite):
    If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
  • TroyD
    edited February 2008
    treitz3 wrote: »
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63352&highlight=I+miss+Club+Polk

Seems you are not the only one. The knowledge, experience, and wisdom are slowly fading and for what? Political correctness and whatever drives the powers that be into making the decisions they make?

Hmmmm. Are you sure?

I miss Club Polk and Daboyz, best of luck to you bro'. Prayers sent.

It's not that I'm done with Club Polk, hell, this is where I keep up with my friends and so forth....I'm just done with the turds that won't flush. Once in awhile is amusing but this particular one is past annoying.

BDT
  • buton6
    buton6 Posts: 18
    edited February 2008
    I hope everything turns out for better.
    Denon 3803
    Denon CD
    old Sony Receiver 110W/ch
    LSI25 two rights looking to swap for one left (what can I say it was a good deal on two rights)
    CS101 center looking for LSiC
    KEF KIT200 and IQ3
    Cervin Vega AT-12 and LS-12
    JBL TLX181
    white van Dynalab speakers
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2008
    Once in awhile is amusing but this particular one is past annoying.

BDT

While I have been known to enjoy the occasional big butt, buttheads really should make like an amoeba and split.

still sending good thought to daboyz.

RT1