Hearingimpared Sidelined *UPDATED*

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2008
    When my claustrophobia is in full swing I've been known to pull the car over and get out or jump out of the shower so that I can breath. I've not had those problems for a while . . . the miracle of modern psychiatry!

Also it's all part of being a looney tune.
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Not everyone can think of something else or nap.

Ha ha ha, the last MRI I was in prior to this one all I could was heartbeat from DSOTM!!! No matter how hard I tried that heartbeat got louder and the ceiling got closer.
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited April 2008
    From personal experience with MRI's and having no particular fondness for closed in spaces ... close your eyes ... at least that will take the visual references away ...
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2008
    From personal experience with MRI's and having no particular fondness for closed in spaces ... close your eyes ... at least that will take the visual references away ...

I've tried that but if for some reason you open your eyes and there usually is, that friggin casket is about an inch from you nose.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited April 2008
    I've tried that but if for some reason you open your eyes and there usually is, that friggin casket is about an inch from you nose.

Amen to that. Not to mention the amount of time you're stuck in there.
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2008
    . . . the friggin noise.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited April 2008
    . . . the friggin noise.

pm me your addy and I'll send you a pair of MRI approved earplugs,,cryo treated. Get better soon Joe ;):)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited April 2008
    . . . the friggin noise.

The funny thing is the noise is what keeps me from going insane in those machines - it's the one thing you can focus on to take your mind off the claustrophobia.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    The funny thing is the noise is what keeps me from going insane in those machines - it's the one thing you can focus on to take your mind off the claustrophobia.

That's a very good point.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited April 2008
    The noises reminded me of playing a loud violent video game.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2008
    They sounded like big hairy sweaty guys were standing outside the tube with sled hammers pounding away.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,448
    edited April 2008
    It's all in your head, you big goof.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited April 2008
    . . . the friggin noise.
    Yes ... Like being on the inside of electronic bongo drums ...
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited April 2008
    Yes ... Like being on the inside of electronic bongo drums ...

or like being in tne torpadeo tube of a submarine,, wating to be fired out of it,,,while your air is getting low,, you hear the pinging of your rescuers on the outside trying to contact you.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Face
    edited April 2008
    Did you guys get ear plugs?

I used them for the closed MRI's, but not open.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2008
    F1nut wrote: »
    It's all in your head, you big goof.

Not right now it isn't it's all in my **** . . .me have sore heiny.:o
  • Face
    edited April 2008
    Eat some hot peppers, that'll help. :D
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited April 2008
    I am seeing lots of red.
    Joe got himself banned.
    Why? I am not sure.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited April 2008
    Wtf!?!?
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited April 2008
    Joe used a swear word in another thread....what a potty mouth. Someone get the Ivory! :rolleyes:
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited April 2008
    OOOppps potty mouth !
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited April 2008
    Must have been one heck of a swear! LOL

Hopefully it's just a time out.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited April 2008
    Check out his recent posts, just about at the bottom of the first page. The queen mother of all curse words, to paraphrase Ralphie.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited April 2008
    Just got off the phone with Joe. He is going back in the hospital as he is doubled over in pain. I really hope that they can fix his problem this time. I could tell how much pain he was in just by talking to him. I will update everyone as I find out more info.
  • Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    edited April 2008
    I hate this thread Already!:( GET BETTER JOE!
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 915
    edited April 2008
    I just spoke with Joe too. He is in severe pain and is waiting to get back in the hospital.
    I’m going to call his doctor so they can wash his mouth out with soap.
    He will probably be in the hospital for a good number of days…good thing they banned him.:rolleyes:
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited April 2008
    Ahh Geez... I hope he gets better...
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited April 2008
    Prayer sent Joe. Pease get better.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited April 2008
    Libertyc wrote: »
    He will probably be in the hospital for a good number of days…good thing they banned him.:rolleyes:

no doubt. good luck joe. but damn, what's with those funky posts you graced us with every now and again.:rolleyes:

GGGGZZZZAAAAA EFFDERFUNK HOWEEEZAAA, and such.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,448
    edited April 2008
    BIZILL wrote: »
    no doubt. good luck joe. but damn, what's with those funky posts you graced us with every now and again.:rolleyes:

GGGGZZZZAAAAA EFFDERFUNK HOWEEEZAAA, and such.

Narcotics.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk