I miss Club Polk.

13»

Comments

• Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited February 2008
    Man, you know what I learned today? I learned that the IGNORE function is my new best friend.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2008
    Man, you know what I learned today? I learned that the IGNORE function is my new best friend.
    It works great till someone quotes the RAT.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited February 2008
    Good point. Never thought about that.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited February 2008
    This forum has died thanks to people like that.

rskarvan and others like that, please turn off the lights when you leave.

See ya.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited February 2008
    I quit posting because there has been such an influx of stupidity that it's not even worth wasting the time to log onto the site. I'll log on every few days or so, but I don't have any interest past keeping in touch with some people i've met over the years.....

If the requirement now is that you check your personality at the door to participate, i'll pass........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2008
    rskarvan wrote: »
    George, you grant me much more power than I deserve.

No, it would be TPTB that gave it to you... Not George.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    In reading some of the older posts yesterday and today, some going back years, it seems as if we have lost a wealth of knowledge.

My point? Stop the stupidity and try to see if we can bring back the knowledge.

Cat fights are good for entertainment, debate about audio is good [to a point], and discussion about audio will never be "one track", admitted. It seems as if even this thread has gotten into what I'm talking about, see what I mean?

It shouldn't be personal. It should be about the sound, the journey, and at least on this forum about making this Club Polk forum a better place.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    edited March 2008
    Tonight is another example of the lunacy that plagues CP. You know who I am talking about. Why man why?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited March 2008
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Tonight is another example of the lunacy that plagues CP. You know who I am talking about. Why man why?

I just got back in from the storm,, can you point me in the direction of the thread that you are talking about,and I think that I can figure it out from there,, does it have anything to do with tweeters?:)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited March 2008
    I'm with George?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited March 2008
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Why man why?

That's a multi-answer question.

1. Lack of a life or any friends.
    2. Attention seeker, negative is better than none at all.
    3. Mental illness.
    4. Lack of a proper up bringing. No one to teach them manners, social skills and what it takes to be a man.
    5. The politically correct environment perpetrated by an illogical minority.

There's more for sure, but that's a good start.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2008
    What exactly is the illogical minority?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • F1nut
    edited March 2008
    The opposite of the logical majority.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited March 2008
    Who can argue with that prarie logic!!
  • treitz3
    edited March 2008
    Damn computers. Double post.......see below.
  • treitz3
    edited March 2008
    dorokusai wrote: »
    What exactly is the illogical minority?
    Those that get scalped by go-karts.
  • treitz3
    edited March 2008
    Hopefully come Monday or Tuesday some of the turds will be flushed and we can get back to talking about audio.

Hopefully.........
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2008
    Wow this is a great thread.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited March 2008
    Wow this is a great thread.

I think what this thread needs are more mercury/syphillis stories.

:)
    Sal Palooza
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,845
    edited March 2008
    I think what this thread needs are more mercury/syphillis stories.

:)

i remember when we used to open up the mercury thermometers and play with the mercury...cool stuff when your a youngin....now if one of these even drops on a floor the school is evacuated and shut down for de tox..
    hhhhhhmmmm yes I have the mercury to blame for my many faults..
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2008
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    i remember when we used to open up the mercury thermometers and play with the mercury...cool stuff when your a youngin....now if one of these even drops on a floor the school is evacuated and shut down for de tox..
    hhhhhhmmmm yes I have the mercury to blame for my many faults..

Do you remember taking the mercury and running over a quarter or a penny to get it nice and shiney.
  • kl3640
    kl3640 Posts: 32
    edited March 2008
    Some of you have probably heard this before, but just in case:

"Arguing on the Internet is like participating in the Special Olympics: Even if you win, you must have been retarded to participate in the first place."

I haven't posted here very much, but I'm pretty sure that Polk runs this forum as a service to their products' owners, and that their intention is sharing of knowledge related to those products and related issues. It's not anybody's personal playground, no matter how long anyone's been a member or how every many posts they might have.
  • F1nut
    edited March 2008
    Bite me :D

President of Club Polk

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2008
    kl3640 wrote: »
    Some of you have probably heard this before, but just in case:

"Arguing on the Internet is like participating in the Special Olympics: Even if you win, you must have been retarded to participate in the first place."

I haven't posted here very much, but I'm pretty sure that Polk runs this forum as a service to their products' owners, and that their intention is sharing of knowledge related to those products and related issues. It's not anybody's personal playground, no matter how long anyone's been a member or how every many posts they might have.

Thanks for sharing your heartfelt musings on the internet and Club Polk specifically...now feel free to go back and ponder some more and report back in a couple of years with more insightful ramblings...:rolleyes:
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited March 2008
    F1nut wrote: »
    Bite me :D

I think under the new guidelines it would be better to say: "Consume me".

;)
    Sal Palooza
  • treitz3
    edited March 2008
    "Bl'Ome." Would that work? :D
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited March 2008
    Lasareath wrote: »
    They are getting older by the day, eventually just holding the mouse will be a chore.

Hey now....old and wise will wallup youth and stupidity anyday.:)

Have to agree with most here,the influx of boneheads really turns me off,but even so,screw 'em.....why surrender ? These types come and go,in the past they went when they couldn't change anything.The recent....pc crap has enpowered a few to stick around.Time will weed things out.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable