I miss Club Polk.

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    TroyD wrote: »
    Work within the framework you are given. It's not that bad.
    No complaints here as for the framework. PC? Eh, I have my opinions and thoughts that I will keep to myself. It just seems as if there are so many arguments and mudslinging that [to me] tensions are pretty high around here.

Some of the old timers of the forum know the trends of the forum much better than I, so I may be wrong with my observations which I'm willing to concede to. I have just noticed what seems to be an argument in almost all of the forums on this board and the majority seem to non audio related. When I got actively involved with the forum it just didn't seem as bad as it is right now and it may just be me, but some of the veterans with the most knowledge have kind of slipped off the tightrope, that's all.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    cfrizz wrote: »
    And as Troy pointed out, it can get very tiring answering the same questions & making the same recommendations over & over again.
    Like, say.......having at least 200 watts per channel? :eek: :p;):D

Sorry Cathy, couldn't resist.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited February 2008
    And as Troy pointed out, it can get very tiring answering the same questions & making the same recommendations over & over again.

Where do I set my receiver's xover???:p
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2008
    treitz3 wrote: »
    She has that post saved on her computer. She just copies and pastes it over and over.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • The Judge
    The Judge Posts: 60
    edited February 2008
    Rehashing the same stuff over & over is what a salesman or educator does.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited February 2008
    In the grand scheme of things, this is only a website. Try to ignore someone if they're being an **** and ignore a topic/thread if it's not your cup of tea. Pretty simple if ya ask me.

I got wrapped up in some topics too much and got a little dickheaded, but I woke up and chilled.

There are too many GREAT things on the Polk Forum to let a very few negative things spoil it. It would be like throwing away a dozen eggs because one egg is bad.

Besides, all i have to do is buy Justin a lapdance at the stripclub and he'll ban anyone I ask him to ban! Go ahead punks....test me! Sal wouldn't give up the wood to me and you see what happened! ;)
    No excuses!
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited February 2008
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Besides, all i have to do is buy Justin a lapdance at the stripclub and he'll ban anyone I ask him to ban! Go ahead punks....test me! Sal wouldn't give up the wood to me and you see what happened! ;)
    :D

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tTJMerul33E&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tTJMerul33E&rel=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited February 2008

Consider yourself tested. :eek:
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited February 2008

You wanting Sal's wood was something I really didn't need to know about.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2008
    :eek: Yup!:D I let a few of them slide every now & then when I'm feeling tired. And guess what? Others have stepped up to the plate & answered for me!!!

Which means others have discovered the benefits of it & are willing to pass on the info to newbies as well. WTG!:D

This is what CP excels at. Helping newbies get the best out of whatever system they have put together. That is what makes this place so much fun & interesting.

The squabbles I do my best to ignore them.

This is simply business as usual for the forum T. This too shall pass...until the next time.
    treitz3 wrote: »

Sorry Cathy, couldn't resist.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    I've learned that 60wpc is good enough for me!
  • rskarvan
    edited February 2008
    I always wondered what % of people actually have a 1000 wpc at 8 ohms amp feeding their big 1.2's???
  • cfrizz
    edited February 2008
    You've gotten into tubes Mark, which is a whole nother kettle of fish. Apples to oranges comparison.
    I've learned that 60wpc is good enough for me!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2008
    rskarvan wrote: »
    I always wondered what % of people actually have a 1000 wpc at 8 ohms amp feeding their big 1.2's???

Me. Bigger than 1.2TL's. More than 1000wpc at 4ohms. Now STFU panty waste :p:D
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • rskarvan
    edited February 2008
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Me. Bigger than 1.2TL's. More than 1000wpc at 4ohms. Now STFU panty waste :p:D

Proving once again.... Ben, you are special.
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited February 2008
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rxm-rSupZns&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rxm-rSupZns&rel=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited February 2008
    You've gotten into tubes Mark, which is a whole nother kettle of fish. Apples to oranges comparison.

WHAT??? I took you literally when I bought my 200wpc tube amps... I must say, there IS something to this 200wpc mark.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited February 2008
    I always wondered what % of people actually have a 1000 wpc at 8 ohms amp feeding their big Carver Amazings???

100% of the people in this house that are driving Amazings, are doing it with 1,000 watts @ 8 ohms per speaker. For the last 15 years, which has really only been a test phase.

You ruined the forum.
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited February 2008
    You ruined the forum.

Tell him how you really feel George! :)
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2008
    Proving once again.... Ben, you are special.

Even though you don't mean it in a nice way... it still makes me feel fuzzy inside. Peel me a grape:D
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • cfrizz
    edited February 2008
    :eek:WTH are you talking about??? They don't make tube amps with that kind of power! (AFAIK):confused: And if they do, did you have to refinance your house to pay for it???:eek:;):D
    madmax wrote: »
    WHAT??? I took you literally when I bought my 200wpc tube amps... I must say, there IS something to this 200wpc mark.
    madmax
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    i can't even imagine the electrical draw with 200wpc tube amps....that's a serious tube complement too.
  • Face
    edited February 2008
    They do make tubes with that kind of power, and yes, they are not cheap.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    Edited because id ont want to be arrested by the PC police.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2008
    There are quite a few 200wpc tube amps out there.....big and expensive.

..and I concur with El Roma.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2008
    Face wrote: »
    They do make tubes with that kind of power, and yes, they are not cheap.

Fallopian Tubes never are.
  • nms
    edited February 2008
    Demiurge wrote: »

:eek:
    My system

• Face
    edited February 2008
    Demiurge wrote: »
    I never thought of them being powerful, but they can be expensive. :D
  • nms
    edited February 2008
    Face wrote: »
    I never thought of them being powerful, but they can be expensive. :D

Well, just look at what they can produce! :D
    My system

• rskarvan
    edited February 2008
    You ruined the forum.

George, you grant me much more power than I deserve.