Pats vs. Giants.

124»

Comments

• avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited February 2008
    All I know is I was expecting a blow out with the national media sucking the Pat's donks at the end of the day. What the country got was one of the most exciting 17-14 games we will ever witness. And Belacheat leaving the field before the game was over just put the nail in coffin about what the man is all about. He's a jerk, and does not care about anyone except for the yes people that surround him.

I wish the Giants would have kicked a field goal in that last second just to rub it in the Pats face just like they did to numerous teams this year.

Thank you NY G-Men for making the Pats "historic" season, more of a historic choke. No one will remember the 16-0 season, they will remember the biggest Super Bowl loss in history.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited February 2008
  • Polk user
    Polk user Posts: 311
    edited February 2008
    I wish the Giants would have kicked a field goal in that last second just to rub it in the Pats face just like they did to numerous teams this year.

That would have been sweet except for the part when **** goes wrong and its blocked and run back for a td.

Bellecheat should have sat his starters during the last game of the season when they had the season sewn up but he couldn't help himself. He just had to go 19-0 instead of trying to win the Superbowl. Well he won that game (barely) and left a VERY bitter taste in the Giants mouth. That came back to haunt him.

18 wins and 1 GIANT loss.
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited February 2008
    Polk user wrote: »
    Bellecheat should have sat his starters during the last game of the season when they had the season sewn up but he couldn't help himself. He just had to go 19-0 instead of trying to win the Superbowl. Well he won that game (barely) and left a VERY bitter taste in the Giants mouth. That came back to haunt him.

Why? What's so wrong with going for the perfect season? Nobody bashes Miami for it?
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2008
    jgido759 wrote: »
    Belicheck is a real class act, isn't he. :rolleyes: In his post game interview he couldn't even congratulate the Giants on their win, just kept repeating about their "disappointment".

He did in his post game press conference, but not in the one where he got right off the field. For that I ask, who cares?

I just think the guy is a massive choad, but a great coach. Plus, I love laughing at him when he loses because he's such a ****. He didn't do anything wrong yesterday, though, IMO.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2008
    I don't much care for hoodie...but he left the field when he thought the game was over after congratulating Coughlin in the middle of the field...and it should have been over. The "official" timer was an idiot. Nobody but the "talking heads" and the haters care. I can assure his players could care less. Much ado about nothing.

All he was asked was how do you feel and what do you tell your players. He answered...and he's never been one to expound on his answers.

I don't like his persona, but he is obviously a hell of a coach. I hated it, but his challenge of the 12th man no-call was pretty savy. He should have kicked a FG...but still a heads up challenge call.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2008
    1161724461_2019.jpg

What was worse?
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    Buckner was worse because it was a single horrible mistake that cost the team the game. Whereas, as pretty much everyone has said, the Giants beat the Pats not because the Pats made egregious mistakes but because they outplayed them.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • devani
    devani Posts: 1,497
    edited February 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    the Giants beat the Pats not because the Pats made egregious mistakes but because they outplayed them.

werd...:)
    Video: LG 55LN5100/Samsung LNT4065F
    Receiver: HK AVR445
    Source: OPPO BDP-93
    HT: POLK SPEAKERS RTi6, FXi3, CSi5, VTF-3 MK2
    2Ch system: MC2105, AR-XA, AR-2A, AR9, BX-300, OPPO BDP-83
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited February 2008
    Giants outplayed them on both sides of the ball,period.Even though I don't care for Brady or the Pats,they are still one heck of a team and Brady is still one of the best to play the game.Yes,I am a huge Montana fan,but he was fragile,couldn't handle the hits todays QB's have to endure.So many memories watching Montana do his 4th quarter march down field with the game on the line,none better.Jerry Rice was also one of the best to play the game.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2008
    Poor Billy Buck. Man. He had a HELL of a year but, same thing, the Red Sox still went on to blow Game 7 back in 86. He's just the one everyone remembers.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2008
    hmmmmmm, makes me wonder if the curse of the Bambino is over, or if he just switched sports :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited February 2008
    Also....

Did anyone else notice the national anthem being lip-synched? I wish I'd recorded it, because I'd like to go back and watch it again, but I've heard several people today say they thought it was lip synched...
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    It was definitely lip-synched, though I would say at this point most of those types of performances are.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited February 2008
    ohskigod wrote: »
    hmmmmmm, makes me wonder if the curse of the Bambino is over, or if he just switched sports :D

Naw, they still have 3 super bowl rings this decade. Losing one super bowl out of 4 in 10 years is a ratio most teams wouldn't mind being cursed with ;)

If it happens again, well that changes the story a bit, doesn't it?
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited February 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    It was definitely lip-synched, though I would say at this point most of those types of performances are.
    That's too bad...
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited February 2008
    Polkmaniac wrote: »
    Also....

Did anyone else notice the national anthem being lip-synched? I wish I'd recorded it, because I'd like to go back and watch it again, but I've heard several people today say they thought it was lip synched...

I didn't notice that. But I can tell that Jordin Sparks was nervous as hell. :)

Btw, I was watching the game with 5.1 setup in full blast. It was so fun, since I can hear the murmuring, crowds screaming, and other nuances of the game through the surround speakers. Made a difference, if you asked me.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • jgido759
    jgido759 Posts: 572
    edited February 2008
    polkatese wrote: »
    Btw, I was watching the game with 5.1 setup in full blast. It was so fun, since I can hear the murmuring, crowds screaming, and other nuances of the game through the surround speakers. Made a difference, if you asked me.

+1 :D
    Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support
    group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.
    -Drew Carey

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
    -Unknown

My DVD Collection
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    polkatese wrote: »
    I didn't notice that. But I can tell that Jordan Sparks was hot as hell. :)

Fixed.