Pats vs. Giants.

Comments

• cubdog
    cubdog Posts: 835
    edited February 2008
    I called that one right. Ignore my previous post.

cubdog
    Shuguang Classic S8MK
    Emotiva XDA-2
    Bel Canto M300 mono blocks
    Bel Canto DAC 1.5
    Squeezebox Touch
    Sony SS-M7
    A/D/S L710
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited February 2008
    Amazing upset! Way to go Eli Manning! I'm happy for Tom Coughlin also.

Congrats Giants fans!
    No excuses!
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2008
    wow.

just.......wow.

:(
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited February 2008
    All I got to see was the last 15 minutes and what a 15 minutes! Wow. Eli Manning!
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited February 2008
    dragon1952 wrote: »
    Giants cover, maybe even pull off the miracle win. I think they're game. The Pats have tailed off since the 2nd half of the season and are ripe for the picking.

Not to brag or anything....:rolleyes:

But seriously, what a freakin' game!
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • cubdog
    cubdog Posts: 835
    edited February 2008
    WTF? You stole my quote.

cubdog
    Shuguang Classic S8MK
    Emotiva XDA-2
    Bel Canto M300 mono blocks
    Bel Canto DAC 1.5
    Squeezebox Touch
    Sony SS-M7
    A/D/S L710
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited February 2008
    Who else called it! That's right... me.

Beautiful game, and anyone who says the Pat's "Lost" the game is in denial. NY dominated on D. Plain and simple.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited February 2008
    MrNightly wrote: »
    Who else called it! That's right... me.

Beautiful game, and anyone who says the Pat's "Lost" the game is in denial. NY dominated on D. Plain and simple.

We'll hear the whining soon enough by the Patriot faithful. They had a hell of a season. Sometimes, the better team just doesn't win. It's just a game to us fans, it will all start again in July. Brady will stil be having fun with the beauties around Beantown. This loss will not starve his libido.

Gongrats to both the Giants and the Pats.
    Carl

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    I love how when people don't even say anything you guys just predict that they will whine. Half of the hatred of Pats fans (and other hated fanbases in teh world) come from all this unrealized **** about what we WILL do. There's quite a few Pats fans on this board and every one of them I've read have given the Giants props for a great game.

Personally, I'd rather believe that my favorite team lost to a team playing their heart out than believe that my team choked in the biggest game of the year, wouldn't you? Why would someone be in "denial" and delude themselves into their team playing like crap when they needed to play well? That makes no sense to me.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited February 2008
    Congrats to Eli & the Giants on a hard fought game. Probably the best SB I'm watched in years.

The Pats were stumbling into wins the last couple of games in the season. The Giants on the other hand were peaking at the right time. The Pats were ripe for a take down.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2008
    Congrats to the Giants. Even though i'm a Jets fan I was rooting for the Giants and was happy to see them win.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2008
    I'm happy for the Giants, they way they played, they deserved to win. It's as it should be. I said all year that I REALLY didn't believe that the Pats would go undefeated and it finally caught up.

The ONLY thing that I really regret is that I would have really liked to have seen Seau win a championship. The rest of the gang? They have had or will have other opportunities.

I'm actually reminded of the Pats first SB win against the Rams. Nobody gave them a chance and a very similar thing happened.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited February 2008
    Congrats to the Giants.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited February 2008
    I actually picked the Giants to win this one, but that's really an easy pick if you think about it. If they win, great I'm one of the only people on earth to pick them and look like a genius. If they lose, then nobody's going to remember that i picked them anyway.

That being said, it's no secret that I'm not a Patriots fan. I was rooting for the Giants, and was THE ONLY person to pick them in the pool at work, out of about 50 people. Maybe it was luck or whatever, but let's just say I made enough money last night to pay for the new 840c I've had my eyye on :-)

I was watching the pregame stuff on espn yesterday though, and with all the stories they were running on the Patriots and Brady, I gotta admit that in the back of my mind I was kinda wanting the Pats to complete the perfect season. The story they ran on Belichick made him not seem like quite such an ****.

But all that faded when the game started... :-)

I'm tired of all the people whining about belichick leaving the field, it's not that big of a deal...
  • BrettT1
    BrettT1 Posts: 560
    edited February 2008
    I thought the game was kinda boring, until the 4th quarter. Congrats Giants and fans.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited February 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    I love how when people don't even say anything you guys just predict that they will whine. Half of the hatred of Pats fans (and other hated fanbases in teh world) come from all this unrealized **** about what we WILL do. There's quite a few Pats fans on this board and every one of them I've read have given the Giants props for a great game.

Personally, I'd rather believe that my favorite team lost to a team playing their heart out than believe that my team choked in the biggest game of the year, wouldn't you? Why would someone be in "denial" and delude themselves into their team playing like crap when they needed to play well? That makes no sense to me.

Have it your way, the Pats played their asses off and lost. The better team won. The Pats offensive line could not stop the Giant's defense.
    Carl

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2008
    The Giants won that game - the Pats didn't do a give up. I know Eli is the MVP, but that defensive front 4 of the Giants could ALL be the MVP. The one thing I was glad to find out? Tom Brady is human afterall. One for the books.

Oh well, this morning we are all undefeated again. Go Cowboys!

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited February 2008
    I watched some of the postgame interviews with the Patriots this morning. I thought they handled the loss with class, especially all the players - hell I thought the players handled it better than the coach.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2008
  • bobman1235
    edited February 2008
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    The Giants won that game - the Pats didn't do a give up. I know Eli is the MVP, but that defensive front 4 of the Giants could ALL be the MVP.

In '78 a Cowboys defensive end and tackle shared the MVP award. I think they should have done that this year with the entire front 4. That pass rush was unreal, against one of the better if not best O-lines in the league. I hate the modern default of just giving it to the QB no matter what.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2008
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    Oh well, this morning we are all undefeated again.

I predict next year it will be the Manning bros. against each other in the Super Bowl because they have to break the tie.

If you think the 19-0 hype was overblown this year...imagine that one.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited February 2008
    Congrats to the Giants for their fantastic pass rush to make the game a nail bitter. That most certainly is what won the game. I just can't be bitter for my Pats losing a game to a team that played better than they did, and that Giant D was something to watch. Perhaps the more talented team lost yesterday, but we benchmark teams by who holds the Lombardi trophy at the end of 60 minutes. Congrats again to the Giants for getting it done.

See you in the Bowl next year New York ;)
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • Polk user
    Polk user Posts: 311
    edited February 2008
    Demiurge wrote: »
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA

belicheat.jpg

Man that picture looks like a mugshot for someone that was arrested for impersonating an HONEST coach

Cheaters never win and winners NEVER cheat.
  • bobman1235
    edited February 2008
    Cheaters win quite often, actually. That's why people still cheat.
  • jgido759
    jgido759 Posts: 572
    edited February 2008
    There's quite a few Pats fans on this board and every one of them I've read have given the Giants props for a great game.
    Polkmaniac wrote: »
    I watched some of the postgame interviews with the Patriots this morning. I thought they handled the loss with class, especially all the players - hell I thought the players handled it better than the coach.

Belicheck is a real class act, isn't he. :rolleyes: In his post game interview he couldn't even congratulate the Giants on their win, just kept repeating about their "disappointment".
    Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support
    group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.
    -Drew Carey

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
    -Unknown

My DVD Collection
  • Polk user
    Polk user Posts: 311
    edited February 2008
    Cheaters win quite often, actually. That's why people still cheat.

That aint winning. If you think it is......don't have kids YMMV
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited February 2008
    Oh come on, don't start with the whole cheating thing...

I dislike the Patriots more than most, but even I know better than that.....
  • jgido759
    jgido759 Posts: 572
    edited February 2008
    Polkmaniac wrote: »
    Oh come on, don't start with the whole cheating thing...

So true. ALL team cheat to a point, they just got caught.
    Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support
    group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.
    -Drew Carey

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
    -Unknown

My DVD Collection
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2008
    At least we can put the Montana/Brady nonsense to bed now. There is NO way Montana would have lost that game.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited February 2008
    I wouldn't say so based solely on this game, it would have beeen difficult for anyone to do well under that kinds of pressure. Montana is my all time favorite QB of all time, but it's hard not to mention Brady in the same breath