Just checked mine today.
770 was the best of the 3.

Anyone over 800?
Post edited by bdaley6509 on

Comments

• Polk user
    Polk user Posts: 311
    edited February 2008
    833 last time I checked when I leased a car.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2008
    What's with the recent demands for personal info of late? Do you smoke, what's your credit score, pictures of your prom dates...

At a certain point, this sort of thing goes from silly to rude and invasive.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited February 2008
    ****, you want invasive....bend over! I won't be rude though as I'll kiss ya first.
    No excuses!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    All I want is credit card #'s with the expiration date, pass codes and Mother's maiden name. PM me with all information ASAP and I promise, no more personal questions. :D

Seriously, this is a personal thing and posting it on the internet? Why?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited February 2008
    Hunerd.

=================================

I was thinking the same thing Troy. I was waiting for the "what's your social security number?" and "what's your net worth?" threads before I commented though.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited February 2008
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    ****, you want invasive....bend over! I won't be rude though as I'll kiss ya first.

Better buy him a drink first...before he bends over.:p:)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2008
    666 last time I checked

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited February 2008
    TroyD wrote: »
    What's with the recent demands for personal info of late? Do you smoke, what's your credit score, pictures of your prom dates...

At a certain point, this sort of thing goes from silly to rude and invasive.

BDT

that bad, huh....
    jk
  • TroyD
    edited February 2008
    bdaley6509 wrote: »
    that bad, huh....
    jk

No offense, but, yeah.

John, I love you bro but like George says...all talk, no wallet. :D

BDT
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited February 2008
    TroyD wrote: »
    No offense, but, yeah.

John, I love you bro but like George says...all talk, no wallet. :D

BDT

LMAO!!! George and "The Shark" scare me.
    No excuses!
  • TroyD
    edited February 2008
    They should.

Speaking of that, I saw yesterday a MINTY 1987 Shark for sale driving around. White.

Man, I want that just because it SCREAMS cool.

BDT
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited February 2008
    Now that I think of it, you guys are probably right about the personal information. Sorry about that...I'm just really bored at work.
  • TroyD
    edited February 2008
    No worries man.

BDT
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2008
    I just took a huge dump, that personal enough for ya?

;)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2008
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    I just took a huge dump, that personal enough for ya?

;)

Pics or it didn't happen.
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited February 2008
    Seriously, mine is between 500-600. I got the wife and I into a mess a few years back, but we are on our way back up. Am I proud of it, no, but at the same time I'm not really worried about it affecting what ya'll think of me. There is a big difference between giving your credit score and giving out personal info that can adversely affect your credit score. I learned through my personal trials that pride was what put me in my situation and that I wasn't going to let it get in the way again. It's only personal if you just don't feel comfortable sharing and that doesn't mean that you have a great score or a bad score, you just don't like to divulge that type of info. Just different strokes for different folks.

I hear ya about being bored at work.

jdhdiggs, was it a ringer?
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited February 2008
    High credit score posted - forum name linked to IP address - a scammers dream. You have to be careful these days. Risk on this forum is probably minimal, but you wouldn't want to be the exception.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2008
    Polk user wrote:
    833 last time I checked when I leased a car.

I've been lending money for 30 years and NEVER seen one that high...If you are breathing and have ever only inquired about a loan the system will generate enough "dings" to take it below that...
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited February 2008
    My credit score is zero since the wife controls the finances.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dkg999
    edited February 2008
    Shack - just looked at the distributions, and there is a pretty good quantity above 833. I don't have the regional dist at the moment to see what the dist looks like in TN.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    I've been told by my ma who worked at a credit union for 19 years that maybe .05% of the members of the credit union had a score over 800. That, of course does not reflect the national credit scores.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2008
    dkg999 wrote:
    Shack - just looked at the distributions, and there is a pretty good quantity above 833. I don't have the regional dist at the moment to see what the dist looks like in TN.

My customer base as a private banker is well above average. I have only charged off 4 loans in 30 years and in two of those I recoved most of it so I don't seem much junk credit. The highest I have ever seen is 812 IIRC.

I do primarily use Beacon and not some of the others...that may be a factor.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Mike Kozak
    Mike Kozak Posts: 931
    edited February 2008
    mine is 200, I pay cash for everything!!!!
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited February 2008
    34-18, Pats win

.....oh credit score...
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited February 2008
    Credit scores ?

The heck with that.

Let's see "What's your wife's oral proficiency score ?".

Wait a second .... that's going to be "Zero", so let me rephrase that:

What's your girlfriend's oral proficiency score ?

Ratings will be adjusted up for photographic support.

.....it's snowing outside, and I have cabin fever.
    Sal Palooza
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2008
    If you ran mine you would Shack! I just got mine yesterday & just like you, the guy who ran them said he had never seen them that high EVER!!!:D
    shack wrote: »
    I've been lending money for 30 years and NEVER seen one that high...If you are breathing and have ever only inquired about a loan the system will generate enough "dings" to take it below that...
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited February 2008
    I'm inside, I have cube fever.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • dkg999
    edited February 2008
    Keep in mind - a bigger % of higher credit scores makes a credit bureau more money than sending a client a bunch of low ones. The ability to lend money is a bigger benefit to financial institutions than risk mitigation. Contrary to popular belief, credit bureaus like to find ways to push scores up, not down. I haven't seen the 800+ scores trend upwards, but pushing 600 level scores to 700+ level scores results in many more opportunities to lend money.
    DKG999

• PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited February 2008
    dkg999 wrote: »
    High credit score posted - forum name linked to IP address - a scammers dream. You have to be careful these days. Risk on this forum is probably minimal, but you wouldn't want to be the exception.

Really? Wouldn't it be easier just to troll the local county tax office records for houses in the better neighborhoods? *Real* Name, address, house value. I dunno... maybe I'm just not paranoid enough.
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited February 2008
    shack wrote: »

I do primarily use Beacon and not some of the others...that may be a factor.

This is probably why. It probably was't a beacon or FICO score, considering it was for an auto lease. Auto scores are calculated differently than most. There are hundreds if not thousands of different scoring models.