Why Lasareath banned?

Comments

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited January 2008
    At the mini Polk gathering he had earlier this month, he let everyone feel his wood for free. See what you guys missed out on. :D
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited January 2008
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    The problem is, he tried charging me $500 to feel his wood and you only $425. A big NO NO according to Flea Market rules.

"Rule 20, section IV, subsection B - A set price for feeling wood shall be offered to all forum members with no exceptions. Charging varied prices on feeling said wood is terms for temporary banning."

See, you mess with the bull, you get the horns! :D

Or, if you mess with the balls you get the shaft! :eek:
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2008
    I was just wondering...are cobwebs and dustbunnies the same thing? If not...are they related? Inquiring minds want to know.:confused:
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited January 2008
    That and we have to stop giving newbie's the power of claiming they've been victimized and then forcing our beloved sponsor to have to take action. Over on the motorcycle forums they have a far more aggressive and effective way of taking care of the problem of newbie's who don't take the time to learn the norms of the forum :o On some of those forums you would have to be afraid of someone in the bushes outside your house!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited January 2008
    shack wrote: »
    I was just wondering...are cobwebs and dustbunnies the same thing? If not...are they related? Inquiring minds want to know.:confused:

I couldn't tell you if they are related or not but I know the dustbunnies multiply exponentially if you leave them alone too long!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited January 2008
    Cobwebs are generally found off the ground, where dustbunnies stay on the floor.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • jwhitakr
    jwhitakr Posts: 568
    edited January 2008
    Never a dull moment here at CP! While I don't know all the details, I just hope Sal does not take this the wrong way and decide not to come back ...
    My HT
    HDTV: Panasonic PT-61LCX65 61" Rear Proj. LCD
    AVR: Harman Kardon AVR 235
    Video: 80GB PS3, Toshiba HD-XA1 HD DVD
    Fronts: Polk Audio RTi8
    Center: Polk Audio CSi3
    Amp: Emotiva LPA-1
    Surrounds: Polk Audio R150
    Sub: HSU STF-3

The only true barrier to knowledge is the assumption that you already have it. - C.H. Dodd
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2008
    dkg999 wrote: »
    That and we have to stop giving newbie's the power of claiming they've been victimized and then forcing our beloved sponsor to have to take action. Over on the motorcycle forums they have a far more aggressive and effective way of taking care of the problem of newbie's who don't take the time to learn the norms of the forum :o On some of those forums you would have to be afraid of someone in the bushes outside your house!

Which is definitely not what we are looking for ;)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • dkg999
    edited January 2008
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Which is definitely not what we are looking for ;)

100% in agreement. Unfortunately over the years I've seen the way they handle it evolve (not sure what the word is for negative evolvement!) from where we are now, to the wild west type scenario they have now. Granted, they may be manufacturer supported forums, but aren't manufacturer owned forums, so there is a difference. Our goal should be to be more effective at handling some of these problems caused by newcomers (and sometimes by the oldcomers!). In regard to the motorcycle forums referenced, Allan Parsons said it best "I wouldn't want to be like you".
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • heiney9
    edited January 2008

Is the motorcycle forum manufacturer sponsored? If not, you can be a lot more selective about who you let in, kick out or kick ****. This forum is still heavily tied to Polk and they run a tight ship. IMHO, too tight but it's not my call.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    edited January 2008
    Unfortunately over the years I've seen the way they handle it evolve (not sure what the word is for negative evolvement!) .

The word is devolve :D
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited January 2008
    Are we, right now, picking at the scab?...lol
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • dkg999
    edited January 2008
    H9 - see my post right before yours! Great minds think alike!
    DKG999

• dkg999
    edited January 2008
    jakelm wrote: »
    Are we, right now, picking at the scab?...lol

Sometimes the problem is right under the scab! The scab can try to cover it up, but until Chuck Norris roundhouse kicks the bujesus out of the problem, it ain't going away ;)
    DKG999

• jakelm
    edited January 2008
    Sometimes the problem is right under the scab! The scab can try to cover it up, but until Chuck Norris roundhouse kicks the bujesus out of the problem, it ain't going away ;)

True, sometimes you have to pick the scab to get the puss out...:p
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• heiney9
    edited January 2008
    Dustcloud was given many encouraging posts by Doro to just settle down and let stuff roll off his back. But Dusty is wound up tighter than a virgin's daughter and doesn't seem to find humor in anything.

H9
  • dkg999
    edited January 2008
    heiney9 wrote: »
    virgin's daughter

OK, I just spit Diet Dew all over my office desk! You're going to need to explain this concept over beers!
    DKG999

• MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited January 2008
    What a bunch of ****'s...

**If I get a time out for this foul language, there's a whole lot more where it came from***

:P
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• jakelm
    edited January 2008
    OK, I just spit Diet Dew all over my office desk! You're going to need to explain this concept over beers!

I read right over that one...LOLOLOLOLOLOL>>>WWWWAAAAA

Thanks for catching it dk
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• heiney9
    edited January 2008

Sorry, sometimes I just google **** to see what comes up!! I put in the phrase "wound up tighter than" and here's what I got.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tighter+than+a+virgin's+daughter

I thought it fit perfectly (no pun intended) :D:D

H9
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited January 2008

Who needs beer...she had anal sex doggy style and gravity did the rest :D
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • heiney9
    edited January 2008
    Wow, didn't think my little "urban" phrase would spiral out of control. :p
  • jakelm
    edited January 2008
    Wow, didn't think my little "urban" phrase would spiral out of control. :p

Out of control?? I think they are controling it very well..lol:p
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited January 2008
    Maybe I'm just grasping at straws here...

Perhaps Polk feels that it's somehow wiser to ban a vet than a nu-be. They figure the vet isn't going anyplace, IE: too many friendships and time invested in CP, rather than banning the nu-be who might not return, and they'd rather not have anyone leave. headscratch.gif

Or, heck, maybe I don't have a stinking clue. goofyface.gif
  • heiney9
    edited January 2008
    BobMcG wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just grasping at straws here...

Perhaps Polk feels that it's somehow wiser to ban a vet than a nu-be. They figure the vet isn't going anyplace, IE: too many friendships and time invested in CP, rather than banning the nu-be who might not return, and they'd rather not have anyone leave. headscratch.gif

Or, heck, maybe I don't have a stinking clue. goofyface.gif

Yes, alienate your "bread and butter", not a wise philosophy if that's what's going on. It seems (and I have no inside information) that the bannings are done without a private warning or 2. Seems a bit overbearing if you ask me.

If warnings were sent to Las or whoever and he ignored them, then that's a different story. When I dropped the "F" bomb a few years ago. I was warned not to do it again and of course I complied. Today it seems it's an instant temporary or permanent ban.

Once you (a contributing member) establish a record of decorum on the forum you should be given the courtesy of a warning if you step out of line, unless the post is so against common sense it deserves an instant ban.

H9
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited January 2008
    Once you (a contributing member) establish a record of decorum on the forum you should be given the courtesy of a warning if you step out of line, unless the post is so against common sense it deserves an instant ban.
    Ding, ding, ding!!! Suuuuuurvey says #1 answer. Come on down to claim your prize [being able to feel Sal's wood]!
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited January 2008
    JMO and with all do respect but it's the wrong people being banned or being put on timeout.

Ya think!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    I'm a little confussed!
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2008
    I'm a little confussed!

and thats unusual.....how? LOL

just effin with ya :D:p:D;)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited January 2008
    With all of the thoughts going through my brain on feeling Sal's wood, I might need a time-out just to calm down.

Anyone that has felt it, is it really that good?
    No excuses!
This discussion has been closed.