edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
Post edited by MKZ on

Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2008
    dude, WTF?
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2008
    It appears another of the recent know-it-alls whined again.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited January 2008
    Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm...:confused:
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited January 2008
    I just saw that myself. Wonder if it is temp or perm??

Must have been a PM thing or they deleted the posts.

Justin ain't playin no more.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2008
    Probably:
    George, I'm ready. Just tell me when, I'll get some of my cousins from the Bronx and we'll track this guy down for you!

Big Sal

If that's it, I'm sure everyone else realized that was a joke. :confused:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62705
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2008
    Nope...a recent FS thread...several posts deleted.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2008
    Lots of posts deleted from this thread:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62905

Maybe something happened there....dunno.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited January 2008
    b.s.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2008
    Ah, phew, I'm glad it wasn't the above. I was thinking the sensitivity train was full again. :D
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2008
    shack wrote: »
    It appears another of the recent know-it-alls whined again.

if you know something I dont, please PM me
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited January 2008
    WTH is going on here lately?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • jakelm
    edited January 2008
    And it seems to be all the verterans lately. I might need to watch myself. Sometimes i get carried away. But thats because I feel so darn comfortable here.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2008
    It's a timeout for 7 days for inappropriate comments.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled Polk forum programming.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited January 2008
    I think you hit it on the head jakelm. People get to comfortable and say stuff other people think is an attack. It has happened to me here and on other forums.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited January 2008
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    It's a timeout for 7 days for inappropriate comments.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled Polk forum programming.
    Not trying to get on anyone here, but what comments did he make? I'd like to know so that I don't make the same mistake. Sal? Banned? What the heck did he say to get banned?

Also, I posted a picture of a pretty woman in the "post a picture, any picture" thread and I see it is deleted today. She was fully clothed with not even a hint of nudity, in fact I would say it was rated "G". Am I to be banned soon also if I post another picture of a pretty woman? What's wrong with a photo of a woman anyways? That photo was no different than me posting a picture of my wife. :confused:

What's wrong with a stern warning that you are about to be banned?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2008
    It's 7 days, some of us have been through this before. :p
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited January 2008
    The CP errr....PC police are bored I suspect. :rolleyes:
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited January 2008
    jakelm wrote: »
    And it seems to be all the verterans lately. I might need to watch myself. Sometimes i get carried away. But thats because I feel so darn comfortable here.

Me too, but I try to say my thing and move on and try not to pile on or keep picking at the scab. Sometimes it's the constant picking that gets you in trouble. I had my say in the thread that got Las banned and I moved on.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited January 2008
    So we can no longer post inappropriate comments? What is this world coming to...
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2008
    Sal told me for $425 I could feel his wood rather than buy his SDA's.....which I have no desire to feel his wood and took his comment as a joke....which it was. I wasn't offended and found it kind of amusing.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited January 2008
    you said "wood" hehe.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2008
    madmax wrote: »
    So we can no longer post inappropriate comments? What is this world coming to...
    madmax

Boring?

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2008
    yea will you guys quit attacking me..........................

my feelings get hurt so easily.

anybody want to buy some polk speaks? I got a bunch, first two grand takes the set of your choice.

seven days aint nothing and we dont know all the facts, the mods are just doing there thing and have my full support.

RT1
  • heiney9
    edited January 2008
    y
    anybody want to buy some polk speaks? I got a bunch, first two grand takes the set of your choice. RT1

Got any pics? .....................oh wait, we all know what they look like!! ;)
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited January 2008
    madmax wrote: »
    madmax
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Boring?

No, this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • jakelm
    edited January 2008
    yea will you guys quit attacking me..........................

my feelings get hurt so easily.

RT1

Ok, Charlie Brown...:p

I wonder who played Charlie Brown today...
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2008
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we should start a good conduct program, hell even crooks and thugs can earn 54 days a year, we could send Sal some chocalates and magazines to do his time with.

RT1
  • heiney9
    edited January 2008
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we should start a good conduct program, hell even crooks and thugs can earn 54 days a year, we could send Sal some chocalates and magazines to do his time with.

RT1

Or some moldy cheese, a battered smoking jacket, a mahogany pipe and some cheap wine.
  • jakelm
    edited January 2008
    Send him new crossover upgrades,......

.... that dont work....MMMUUUAAAAAAAA
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited January 2008
    Sal told me for $425 I could feel his wood rather than buy his SDA's.....which I have no desire to feel his wood and took his comment as a joke....which it was. I wasn't offended and found it kind of amusing.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

The problem is, he tried charging me $500 to feel his wood and you only $425. A big NO NO according to Flea Market rules.

"Rule 20, section IV, subsection B - A set price for feeling wood shall be offered to all forum members with no exceptions. Charging varied prices on feeling said wood is terms for temporary banning."

See, you mess with the bull, you get the horns! :D
    No excuses!
This discussion has been closed.