Rear: Fxi3
    Sub: Bic H100
    TV: Sony 52' XBR4

"The more time you spend researching here, the less money you will have" :D
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited January 2008
    Nice!! Congrats ;) His and Her garages eh:D
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited January 2008
    Holy cow Mac! Gorgeous house! I'm very jealous... good work!
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited January 2008
    Congratulations! Many happy years there.:)
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2008
    Thanks guys!!

Cant do Polkfest yet - we dont have any furniture!

When we went to see the house the first time the owners were still there and in the garage, the guy had all his tools hanging up on the wall and they were all arranged by size and all that and pretty much everything was neat and put up and you could eat off the garage floors. No oil spills or nuttin'. Looked very anal, and thats the kinda guy I want to buy a house from! Every engineer Ive known (and I havent known many) has been that way. Very meticulous and obsessive about cleanliness and things being right. :D

The only downside Ive found to the house is the HT room in the basement. Its a funky shape with an office off to the side so its gonna be a pain to get set up. If I put the TV where I want it, the chairs will be in a bad spot - if I put the chairs where I want them the TV will be in a bad spot. I think I may just put the TV in the best spot and do the best with the chairs as I can and I probably wont do surround cause the surround speakers would be right in front of the door to the office. So I may just spend all my speaker money on a really good set of floorstanders then get a big **** 2 channel amp and go old school. Time will tell tho. Gotta buy furniture first....and a lawnmower.....a big Jonh Deere with a cupholder!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited January 2008
    Make sure you have a lid to your cup! Or else youll be drinking grass :)

Congrats again! Im jealous! You can whip out 4 sided boxes in a jiffy now!
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,150
    edited January 2008
    Wow! If only we could afford something like that in SoCal! Even in the moderately trendy areas, that would be over $1m here. We couldn't even afford a $1.5m 1,400 sq.ft. shack in Santa Monica (everyone wants those boring flat 7000 sq.ft. lots to build Mc. Mansions where you can pass the salt and pepper through the window to the people next door). Imagine the property taxes we'll pay if we ever do buy!

Congratulations! It looks fabulous.
    Alea jacta est!
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2008
    That's a lot of house you got there! Congrats, bud. :)
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2008
    Sweet looking home Congrats :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited January 2008
    Congrats, thats a beautiful home!

Been in my house for alomost 3 years, and I still don't have all the furniture we need. Priorites first, furniture last.:D
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited January 2008
    When's the house warming throwdown?:D Ain't nothin' for me to drive to the 'Noog. Congrats on the new abode.
    You could always add on a room for HT!
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited January 2008
    HOLYCRAPWOW!

Makes me wish I had saved for a while longer before getting my place. But then, I'd still be living with dad instead of... myself.

Nice place! With the benefit of two incomes, and soon two incomes x two, you'll make up money fast. Any projects that need to be done to it? My place is full of projects, but that house looks like it's all good to go.

There are a few advantages to having a part time job. The obvious is that you are getting another paycheck. If you can spare the time, why waste it sitting at home? Also, if you're at work, you're probably not SPENDING money. For me, if I'm home and bored, I'll be spending money by going out. If I work every night, I get home and go to bed... no money spent!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2008
    COngrats on the new house.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited January 2008
    MacLeod wrote: »
    a big Jonh Deere with a cupholder!

Cup holder is a must at my house
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2008
    Do you see yourself using that office Mac? Is there another room in the house that can be used as an office? If so, why not just close/wall it up so that you can utilize that openning?
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited January 2008
    Daaaayyymmmnnn....nice house :D I see some fencing in the back, is it fenced off completely ( Like being able to keep a dog in ). That was the biggest part of seeing houses on the eastern side of the country that blew me away....some neighborhoods dont have fences separating the properties :eek:
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2008
    you definitly need a riding mower for that lawn. get a riding mower, and you'll want to cut the lawn. get a push mower, and your grass will be over a foot tall and you wont mow it until the town busts your balls. ask me how i know that.....:D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • exalted512
    edited January 2008
    How do you know that?
    -Cody
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2008
    You know that is a nice story I waiting for it ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• exalted512
    edited January 2008
    I imagine its going to go something like this:

"I didnt mow my grass, the city told me I had to or I'll get fined, so I mowed my grass"

You could always spice it up and say he found a car or something though?
    -Cody
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited January 2008
    Macleod:
    Congratulations, a fine house with room between neighbors, something that doesn't exist in Portland.
    May I offer a piece of advice that has benefitted my wife and I with all 4 of the homes we have owned. Each year take on one significant improvement to you home. if you do this, you will always have a model home on your hands.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited January 2008
    Congrats!!
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2008
    I think that picture makes it look a little bigger than it really is. Its a little over 1800 ft2 and we picked it up for $155,000. The yard isnt that big either. I think its about a 1/3 acre. Still, even if it were 5 ft2 Id still want a John Deere mower. Those things are just cool! :D

Best thing about it is its only 3 years old so there shouldnt be anything needing any attention for a while I hope cause I suck at being a handyman.

I do plan on using the office for my computer room so I gotta have it. I should be able to figure something out. So what if you gotta crawl over a couch to get into the office - Ill have a 50" tv baby!! :p
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    edited January 2008
    Congrats!....I could only dream of such a home.

Good luck,
    Mike
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited January 2008
    Congrats Aaron!

Damn, houses are cheap in your neck of the woods.

hoosier21 wrote: »
    Beer can holder is a must at my house

There, fixed it for you.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited January 2008
    Beautiful place bro...enjoy!
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited January 2008
    Your house didn't come with wheels? You got gypped.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2008
    Couldn't even buy a small condo around here for 155k. Incredible.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited January 2008
    No ****! There is nothing around here for that kind of price, nothing.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited January 2008
    Nice joint,congrats......seems to me all the new home owners,yourself and Ben,should have a required Polkfest for burn-in.All homes need to be burned in to give them that lived in look.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable