amr150 severe static problem

mistyraindrops
mistyraindrops Posts: 1
edited November 2002 in Troubleshooting
ever since i bought these speakers over a year ago, occasionally they would get staticy....now the problem is extremely severe. example- i watch a dvd on my pc and i get 2 mins clear sound then it fades into static for id say 40 secs then its suddenly clear again for another 2 mins and so forth. please, tell me how to resolve this problem or MAKE BETTER SPEAKERS.

- 1 pissed off little girl with amr150's
Post edited by mistyraindrops on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited November 2002
    Misty,

Welcome!

We certainly can't have a "pissed off little girl" on here, can we!
    Send a email to Ken Swauger and I'm sure he'll have you :) again.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited November 2002
    Have you tried hooking them up to a personal CD player or something? See if it does the same thing on that as well.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited November 2002
    Mistyraindrops,

Now that is a cool **** name........why didn't I think of that one?

I'm thinking that your overdriving them with line level,but I don't think thats the problem,check your connections and wires.The built in amps might be bad,sounds like right from the get go.....Yes call Polk on this, they will help you.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Xzuluns
    Xzuluns Posts: 8
    edited November 2002
    The speakers may not be at fault. It may be the sound board in your PC. The only way I know to test this easily is to hook up another set of speakers to the PC and see if the problem disappears. It could also be a problem with the DVD drive in your PC as well.
    PolkLover